Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Apollinaria
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.

Fact. Though part of it is attitude. I have a female friend who is a serial ******** and she admitted to doing it out of need for validation and childhood traumas.

And its not about the guy, though yes, he's an a**. I'm intrigued as to the motivation.. My dad slept around his whole life too. Though I can't go asking him "WHY?!" LOL.

- off cell, can't reply properly.
A fact, huh? Fascinating.

Anyway, what did you think about the motivations I provided?
@ Robot: The same way reproduction and proliferation of seed is hardwired into the male brain, so is emotional attachment for women. Heck, they secret oxytocin during sex and while breasfeeding to enhance the "bonding" between partner or between them and their child.

And both your motivations and everything I saw posted in this thread is basically what I knew and suspected. Disappointing in some sense as I was looking for insightful reason and experience to justify such actions.

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
He hasn't found 'The One'.

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Apollinaria
And both your motivations and everything I saw posted in this thread is basically what I knew and suspected. Disappointing in some sense as I was looking for insightful reason and experience to justify such actions.
I see. It sounds like you were expecting something profound, and having casual sex isn't particularly profound or complicated.
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
I see. It sounds like you were expecting something profound, and having casual sex isn't particularly profound or complicated.

There's motivation behind every action. I think that if there's no "profound reason", you're not reflecting hard enough. rofl

Dapper Ladykiller

To spread his seed, what else?

Unless he decides to stick around because he REALLY likes his wife and wants to raise his children to shining examples of himself, of course! wink

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Apollinaria
Robot Giny
Apollinaria

There's motivation behind every action. I think that if there's no "profound reason", you're not reflecting hard enough. rofl
I'm not sure I understand. Casual sex is not a pathology, nor is it abnormal. Since casual sex isn't a particularly profound act, then why would you need a profound motivation for it?

Not everybody expresses their sexuality in the same way.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
proably what causes some women to do the same
cause they wanna?
iunno

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Apollinaria
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

This question has been on my mind for 2 years now since an absurdly attractive guy said he wanted to bang my brains out. He still texts and calls in hopes of getting in my panties.

I say nay.

So, what prompts men to sleep around?

To those that say "He doesn't wanna settle down.", why would a guy not want to "settle down"? What does that even mean? I don't wanna settle anywhere neutral Not like I'm offering a relationship rofl Ain't got no time for s**t.

Mommy issues? Rejection? What if they're stupidly good looking? I haven't yet heard a reason I can comprehend that justifies an attractive guy eating cookies all the time. After all, how can he feel insecure if he's so appealing, successful, etc.

Opinions, question, comments, moans of protest, howls of disgust?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Guys are not the only ones sleeping around. The sex drive of women is on an equal level.

I think the more important question is why ANYONE would want to sleep around instead of finding them self someone to settle down with.

A little defensive of you, no?

Yes, because pointing out a sexist remark is so "sexist". lol

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

This question has been on my mind for 2 years now since an absurdly attractive guy said he wanted to bang my brains out. He still texts and calls in hopes of getting in my panties.

I say nay.

To those that say "He doesn't wanna settle down.", why would a guy not want to "settle down"? What does that even mean? I don't wanna settle anywhere neutral Not like I'm offering a relationship rofl Ain't got no time for s**t.

Mommy issues? Rejection? What if they're stupidly good looking? I haven't yet heard a reason I can comprehend that justifies an attractive guy eating cookies all the time. After all, how can he feel insecure if he's so appealing, successful, etc.

Guys are not the only ones sleeping around. The sex drive of women is on an equal level.

I think the more important question is why ANYONE would want to sleep around instead of finding them self someone to settle down with.

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Apollinaria
K76
Apollinaria
Purified Envy
Apollinaria
ninja

I say nay.

I never said they were. I said my focus was on men seeing as I am a heterosexual female neutral A little defensive of you, no?

I'm making a reference here to serial ******** who bed hundreds of girls. Whats the psychological drive behind that?

It is an urge like all the others a million years on this planet drilled into our species. People who have strong urges to eat get fat. People who have strong urges to reproduce sleep around. The rest of us in the middle are more easily satisfied because that's just how we tick. My take

I like it. But it's interesting how no thought or consideration goes into these urges.

Generalization~!

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Robot Giny
Apollinaria
Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it.
emotion_facepalm Sweet jesus.

Anyway, I think that there are different motivations for (heterosexual) men to have a lot of casual sex. I'm sure with some men it goes back to a simple douchebag macho complex. With other men, it's because they like the intimacy of sex, but they dislike romantic relationships.

That's pretty much it. It's not that complicated. Now if a guy hounds you for months and months? Probably a douchebag.
The excitement that comes from meeting with someone, from chasing them, or being chased, from the first contact to the last, it's intoxicating. I've never slept around, but I've flirted with most women, simply for the fun. And that's why people sleep around. In a relationship, you loose the excitement of the first chase, the romance dies away slowly, replaced by something else, something atleast as good, if not better

But what if you just want to experience the whole thing over and over and over again? Sleep around. It takes all the best parts of the beginning of the relationship, crams it into one night, and lets you enjoy yourself without worrying about the future

On the other hand, sex feel really good, and maybe some men just want sex. Lots of it. There's nothing wrong with either
Apollinaria
WHlTE TlGER 2
Apollinaria
@ White tiger: What do you mean equal?

Progesterone regulates female drive to an extent.

Women, however, have more of an emotional need for intimacy as opposed to a physical need for sex so they are more "delicate" and sensitive about it. That isn't to say they don't enjoy or crave sex but their "emotional box" is bigger than men's. Men's and women's drives are roughly equal, the difference is how they communicate this drive.

That the intensity of the sex drive for men and women is the same.

Womens studies are overlooked because women want to believe men are assholes. I actually did see an article a few months ago on our medical reference database (only students and profs have access) and will dig it up for you in a bit.

A study that supported that a womans sex drive is just as high as a mans?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff