Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to meet a Christian who adheres to Jewish law - all 613 of them. Just sayin'.

Shy Player

just because I am a christian doesn't mean I hold ill will against homosexual people...
fan fiction has tainted me... *dramatic noooo*
Ive tried to make this argument with a many Christian friend of mine. Yes, the bible does say on multiple accounts that homosexuality is wrong.

When I say this to my friends, of corse the instantly think Im on their side. Then I bring this up and all hell breaks loose.

I look at it this was. The SIN homosexuality is wrong. Thats what the bible says and as a Christian I am to believe that. HOWEVER, what Im seeing in many Christians now a days doing is hating the sinner for sinning.

From what I recal, the bible calls Christians to be like God and hate the SIN and not the SINNER.

I also recall the bible saying the all sins are equal so when you lie or say profanities, you are sinning just as much as being homosexual.

One thing that one of my friends said that did stump me a little is that we as Christians should not be conger table with our sin and just accept it. Maybe someone could tell me a reasonable argument for that? Would be greatly appreciated!

Personally I am fine with homosexuality and think that it should be more openly accepted in schools and in our society as a whole, but thats an argument for another thread.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Jubilant Sunrise
I want to meet a Christian who adheres to Jewish law - all 613 of them. Just sayin'.
Not necessary, the New Testement exempts it's followers from the old laws.
Although I agree with what you were trying to do
Steam Punk Adept
Jubilant Sunrise
Not necessary, the New Testement exempts it's followers from the old laws.
Although I agree with what you were trying to do

I wasn't trying to do anything... I was just sayin'. Like the OP. razz

Greedy Phantom

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
P a v i d
Ive tried to make this argument with a many Christian friend of mine. Yes, the bible does say on multiple accounts that homosexuality is wrong.

When I say this to my friends, of corse the instantly think Im on their side. Then I bring this up and all hell breaks loose.

I look at it this was. The SIN homosexuality is wrong. Thats what the bible says and as a Christian I am to believe that. HOWEVER, what Im seeing in many Christians now a days doing is hating the sinner for sinning.

From what I recal, the bible calls Christians to be like God and hate the SIN and not the SINNER.

I also recall the bible saying the all sins are equal so when you lie or say profanities, you are sinning just as much as being homosexual.

One thing that one of my friends said that did stump me a little is that we as Christians should not be conger table with our sin and just accept it. Maybe someone could tell me a reasonable argument for that? Would be greatly appreciated!

Personally I am fine with homosexuality and think that it should be more openly accepted in schools and in our society as a whole, but thats an argument for another thread.
I believe that to openly perform and accept a sin is to challenge God. Yes, the bible does say to love the sinner and hate the sin, but that does not mean God will ignore your sins. The bible says that every time you sin it pains God, like if one of your parents told you not to do something and you did it anyway; it mkes God feel betrayed. figuratively, every time you sin you go back to the garden and take another bite out of the apple. Yes, all sins are equal, but that does not lessen their severity: killing is the same as stealing, and lieing is the same as killing. The reason homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes is because it is against his blueprints for life. If God would have been ok with homosexuality, he would not have rained fire down on Sodom and Gamorrah, the city where homosex got it's name. I do not believe homosexuality is right, but I do believe that if one is saved in christ they will be accepted into heaven no matter what, but they will still have every sin they ever commited read back to them while standing before God, and personally I'd like to keep that list short.

Aged Fairy

6,800 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Like Whoa!
Zensomnia
To christians? Christianity is not the only religion where homosexuality is a sin, hun.

yes but on gaia, mainly the arguments are "the bible this gays that jesus etc" you know. sorry for not paying attention to politcal correctness and encompassing every possible option for the sake of political correctness...

It's politically correct to call black people in america "african americans"

It's also pure retardation seeing as not all black people are from africa. wink

P.C. is a bunch a hooey. wink
I love boys and Jesus. They aren't mutually exclusive, and it's not the majority of Christians who are anti-LBGT.
PTFO-Gurosin
damn homosaxuals.

ruining the sancity of marrige.

Impossible. We have secular marriage and marriage in the eyes of God. They aren't asking for marriage in the eyes of God, as only He can grant that and decide whether or not He accepts it. Secular marriage is an entirely different matter, as that is determined by the laws of man, not us.
Thus, the claim it is ruining the sanctity of marriage is fallacy at it's best.
Obviously, my opinion doesn't carry any weight in the grand scheme of things on our little ball of mud, but it's still my opinion.

Aged Fairy

6,800 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
If the only reason same sex marriage isn't legal is religion....That needs to be fixed asap.

Just a thought....

You get on your knees put your hands together and pray to a wish granting bearded man in the sky....That's normal.

The homeless woman that lives in the woods,talks to her dead daughters baby doll.....She's crazy.

You justify everything with the bible and god....That's acceptable.

Man who quotes star trek and lives his life based off what was said it the series.... Psycho.

Good old dad goes to church every week with your mother.....is secretly screwing his secretary. He's a good man.

Pregnant teen at your school.....Your dad says she's a whore.

Do the math on that and get back to me. lol wink

My biggest issue....."Let he is without sin cast the first stone"
"Judge not lest ye be judged"

Hypocrites.

7,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Epique Phael
P a v i d

I believe that to openly perform and accept a sin is to challenge God. Yes, the bible does say to love the sinner and hate the sin, but that does not mean God will ignore your sins. The bible says that every time you sin it pains God, like if one of your parents told you not to do something and you did it anyway; it mkes God feel betrayed. figuratively, every time you sin you go back to the garden and take another bite out of the apple. Yes, all sins are equal, but that does not lessen their severity: killing is the same as stealing, and lieing is the same as killing. The reason homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes is because it is against his blueprints for life. If God would have been ok with homosexuality, he would not have rained fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah, the city where homosex got it's name. I do not believe homosexuality is right, but I do believe that if one is saved in christ they will be accepted into heaven no matter what, but they will still have every sin they ever commited read back to them while standing before God, and personally I'd like to keep that list short.

I'm fairly certain that homosexuality is nothing but a sin. It's not any less or more special than murder. **
"The reason homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes is because it is against his blueprints for life. " Roman 1 might be about all the "major" sins, including homosexuality, but following Romans 1 is Romans 2:1, that says specifically "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Homosexuality might be wrong in the Bible, but you as a Christian are just as bad by judging homosexuals. You can say you aren't judging all you want, but how can you think it "isn't right" and then also say they aren't going to Hell?

**According to the Bible.
Epique Phael
P a v i d

I believe that to openly perform and accept a sin is to challenge God. Yes, the bible does say to love the sinner and hate the sin, but that does not mean God will ignore your sins. The bible says that every time you sin it pains God, like if one of your parents told you not to do something and you did it anyway; it mkes God feel betrayed. figuratively, every time you sin you go back to the garden and take another bite out of the apple. Yes, all sins are equal, but that does not lessen their severity: killing is the same as stealing, and lieing is the same as killing. The reason homosexuality is wrong in God's eyes is because it is against his blueprints for life. If God would have been ok with homosexuality, he would not have rained fire down on Sodom and Gamorrah, the city where homosex got it's name. I do not believe homosexuality is right, but I do believe that if one is saved in christ they will be accepted into heaven no matter what, but they will still have every sin they ever commited read back to them while standing before God, and personally I'd like to keep that list short.

Get your facts straight, please. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed not because of sodomy, but because of their other sins, like their vast lack of hospitality, and how they wanted to destroy the angels that visited, even when Lot was willing to give up his own daughter to sat them.

Ezekial 16:49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
Epique Phael
P a v i d

Please take a nice long read to the other replies to this comment of yours. I totally agree with Sin` and The Sound Synesthete. && get you're facts right. Seriously.

Here's the deal. I never said that when someone is a homosexual that it doesn't hurt got. Saying that would be like saying that getting punched in the face doesn't hurt. But like I just said, I don't ever recall ever saying that God didn't like homosexuality or any sin for that matter.

You also said something toward the end of your reply that you "wanted to keep that list [of sins] short."

Excuse me. Do you honestly think that when you go to heaven God is gonna sit there and remind you of all your sins? I would love for you to find that somewhere in the Bible because if you did it would only prove Atheists right when that say that our God is hateful and judgmental. And if God is keeping track on some master list of all my sins EVER, I would hope that that list would be long and full of things that the world thinks id terrible, because I know that for every sin I commit that is just another chance to repent and get that much closer to God.

But really though, I want you to find me a passage where it says that God keeps track of your sin.

I mean right now as I'm typing this I can already think of verses that say that he doesn't, but the ball is in your court so go on and find that for me. K?

The Sound Synesthete
Sin`
Like Whoa!
it is no worse than any other sin. so before you totally bash on homosexuals, take a look at yourself and see if you didnt think somehting naughty today, etc.

just sayin'

I agree. Some people act as though it's among one of the worst things in the world to be, a step or 2 below being a murderer. I think that's just crazy. cat_rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff