Welcome to Gaia! ::

This thread is now closed!! Check out first post for link to new thread!

Will Do! 0.64735516372796 64.7% [ 257 ]
It's like a Fingerpuppet Show :o! 0.35264483627204 35.3% [ 140 ]
Total Votes:[ 397 ]

*CLICK HERE* to get to the new GaG thread.

We hope that the new thread will get as many pages as this one, and maybe even more in the future. Thank you for reading, we hope to see you there!
User Image
Bolded update = newest/latest/most recent
---
Just wanted to bring something up, you guys. GaG is a place to keep the spirit of gift-giving alive, as well as a place to meet new people &&make new friends. You are free to chat as much as you want, but you must use your own judgment as to what is actually discussed. Venting/ranting is allowed in GaG, but don't go overboard. Most of us are willing to help you out and give you advice, but not all of us are willing to be your personal shrink; in other words, use your own discretion. If you know you're going to make some kind of big scene, then resort to PMs -- keep drama out of the thread please. This should be common sense by now, but I guess I'll put it in here as a friendly reminder -- it seems that Thread Rule #9 has been forgotten as of late... just remember to respect each other when dealing with certain things. Failure to follow rules will result in Black Listing. Also, the Thread Mods are to be treated w/ the same respect as me, if not higher; if necessary, they will take action against rule-breakers. Thank you for reading.
•So, it's been a while since we've had any updates, hasn't it? I'd like to welcome all our constant newcomers who've been joining GaG. Furthermore, I've updated the Mods &&Ubers lists on the first page. If you didn't make the cut for the Mods/Ubers this time, don't give up. Our current Mods/new Mods will be able to recommend some of you to me, to help recognize post counts, regularity, etc. I have also decided to stop updating the Regulars list altogether -- I no longer have the time to update it every single time I get PMs from everyone. That's all for now, have a great day.
•GaG member, queen_zeppelin69, has been posting around the Feedback Forum. She has informed me of two things. First off, LARGE POST STYLES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED OUTSIDE OF THE CHATTERBOX. It has come to my attention that the post formats being posted in GaG have slightly expanded in size; although we are in the Chatterbox, keep in mind the thread rule pertaining to excessively/overwhelmingly large post formats. Secondly, COMPLETELY NAKED/NUDE TEKTEK AVATARS ARE NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON GAIA. PERIOD. Remember that Tektek is a fan-based site, NOT run by Gaia. Therefore, it is not allowed anywhere on this site. It has also come to my attention there has been an increase in 'Help me get my [dream] avi naked' posts. So I suggest you refrain from posting them any longer; if you do, you will be at risk of being banned from Gaia by one of the site moderators, or putting GaG at risk all together. Feel free to refer to Gaia's Terms of Service and/or the Feedback Forum if you have any further concerns.
•The holidays are right around the corner, and GaG is eager to get a move on with the epic gift-giving sessions that will take place! Throughout the entire month of December, we encourage all GaG members to give gifts to others ANONYMOUSLY and avoid trading. This helps promote the classic 'Secret Santa' idea and the amazing thrill of the gift-giving spirit! Let's not forget our official thread funds mule account, GaG Savings Account! Feel free to send donations and/or gifts to help support GaG's funds. Items sent to this account will in no way be for personal gain. On the 25th (Xmas day), Misty & I will be giving out the gifts stored in the funds mule to GaG members who deserve it. Until then, happy holidays!
•Give-a-Gift has an OFFICIAL savings mule now! So if you'd like to donate to the GaG fund, then do so by sending trades and/or giving gifts to GaG Savings Account. Furthermore, this mule account will be used for GaG's upcoming Secret Santa event.
•This is for all those who are in the GaG Clan already, and those who wish to join as well. The Mods & I have decided that we will be checking the Member List MONTHLY. Everyone who has 0 posts next to their username will be KICKED OUT OF THE CLAN. You will receive a warning PM beforehand, but you will still be at risk of getting booted. We want our Clan members to be active, posting regularly in both the thread AND the Clan. If you know that you WON'T be active in the Clan, then DO NOT bother to send us a request to join. The Mods and I wish to hold giveaways and events and such, but it will be pointless without active members. Keep that in mind.
•Fellow GaG members, we FINALLY have an official zOMG! Clan! We'd like all of our current members to come join us by CLICKING HERE, or by simply typing in the words 'Give-a-Gift' into the search box. And no, you don't have to be a zOMG! player to join the Clan, so don't hesitate! Hopefully this will help promote GaG's interaction w/ zOMG! and help improve the bond members have w/ each other. Hope to see you there; have fun!
•Okay, everyone! I've FINALLY updated the Thread Rules. I've made the text bigger, so that it will be easier to read for everyone. I've edited some of the rules, as well as removed some of them. I have my reasons for changing them, so please respect that. So read up and refresh yourself of the new Thread Rules!
•GaG NOW HAS AN OFFICIAL MYSPACE PAGE! If you have a myspace account, then feel free to add me. You MUST include your GAIA USERNAME in the Friend Request or it will be IGNORED! Adding the Official GaG Myspace Page is only optional; if you do not have a myspace account, or if you just don't want to, then don't -- this is apparently not mandatory. This account will just be a record of GaG's members and will help advertise our EPIC thread. <3 You can find GaG on myspace at the following url: www.myspace.com/long_live_gag
•LISTEN UP, EVERYONE! The thread owner, iHula/Lunar Chromatix/Castiel the Angel is back in school. Starting college, to be exact. Just wanted all of you to know that I won't be online as often as I used to be, but I'll still try to get on everyday to drop by. I'd like to see GaG continue to move along smoothly, even w/o me here most of the time. I trust the Mods, Ubers, & Regulars to keep this place in shape; I believe all of you know how this place works. If there happens to be any drama, please direct it to the Mods and they'll take care of it. Although, if there are rule-breakers that post here and continue to break the rules, even when warned multiple times, feel free to report them to me. Keep the spirit of gift-giving alive, I love you guys! :]
•All those who post here often and DO NOT see their name in our current Regulars List, let iHula know via PM. Be sure to include when you started posting in GaG & other info contributing to you becoming a Regular.
•Grand Re-Opening: August 4, 2008 @ 2:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time!
User Image
Bolded update = newest/latest/most recent
((Some of these updates pertain to Uber-Regs as well))

---
THIS IS A REMINDER. Mods are meant to keep peace in the thread &&take matters into their own hands when needed. If a rule-breaker appears in the thread, then calmly &&RESPECTFULLY direct him/her to the rules on the first page. If it escalates any further than that &&drama erupts in the thread, PM THE RULE-BREAKER. This counts as a WARNING. If the drama continues on in the thread even after the PM you've sent has been thread, then REPORT IT TO ME ASAP. Ubers are there when assistance is needed to help sort out a problem, or, if none of the Mods are currently online, they are free to resolve the problem. This doesn't mean that NO ONE is allowed to share their opinion about the matter/drama, just do so in a calm &&respectful manner. Failure to follow these rules will result in the risk of losing your Mod/Uber Status. Thank you.
•Hey, fellow Mods. As you know, since I'm back in school, I won't be here to help keep GaG in check. I'll still be here, I'll try everyday, but I won't be on as often as I'd like to be. So I'll keep the thread in your hands. I know I can trust you guys to keep GaG alive and powerful. Once I get settled to my schedule and adjust, I'll be able to be on more often. Thanx for being such amazing Mods; WE CAN'T BE BEAT! <3
•Wasn't sure how many of you have read Tiki's post in here a while back, so I've quoted it! I hope you read his request and decide to drop by the shop. ^^ I LOVE IT. <3

M y T i k i
Wow, this is just spectacular.
I love what you do here, your kindness is immense.
I'd like to offer all of the staff here, a voucher for my shop.
♫♪ S T A R L I G H T [ Build a star! ]
they can have absolutely anything they desire there.
thank you very much, for helping the new people, and the people in need of gaia.

<3.

•All Mods who have not done so yet must post their reservation for their About Me/Quest post! Once you reserve/post, PM RetroSpectro and include a link leading to your post. This will be used to link you back to the Mod Directory on the first page!
User Image

1. Follow Gaia’s ToS.
2. NO BEGGING.
3. NO PAGE-STRETCHING.
4. DO NOT quote ANYTHING from the first page.
5. NO BUMPING; it’s unnecessary in this thread.
6. DO NOT POST EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF EMOTES.
7. NO ADVERTISING W/O PERMISSION FROM ONE OF THE MODS.
8. Stay courteous & be grateful. Remember to thank those who are nice enough to give you something.
9. Respect others & be respected.
10. Keep arguments to the minimum. If the problem escalates, take it to PM, DO NOT CONTINUE ARGUING IN THIS THREAD. If you refuse to follow this rule, it will be considered as FLAMING, and you will be reported to a Gaia Moderator.
11. DO NOT bother to send a trade to someone and then cancel it later on because you don't like what the other person is giving you. This is a GIFT-GIVING thread, not 'Send a trade & accept if you want to' thread.
12. IGNORE anyone who say stuff like 'I'm only accepting these items' and/or 'I don't want _________'. That means don't bother to give a gift to them; this is home to many generous gift-givers and we don't enjoy overly-picky people.
13. ALL TRADES/GIFTS ARE FINAL. That means NO GIVE-BACKS. To avoid trouble, think about what you’re giving before you give it.
14. Post formats are allowed, but HUGE formats are NOT. This includes overwhelmingly large pictures/art, blank spots, etc. We will not waste our time trying to find out what you’re trying to say if you have a big post format.
15. Avoid posting things like 'I'm bored' or 'I'm ignored'; it only promotes your being overlooked. Take the initiative to join a conversation and get noticed; it is NOT impossible. If you don't get noticed the first time, then try again.
16. DO NOT QUOTE SCAM POSTS. Posts that contain scamming links are to be ignored. Report it and/or add the poster to your Ignored.
17. Keep profanity to the minimum. This comes hand-in-hand with the respect rule (#9). There are different age groups that post regularly in GaG, and there are different ways of expressing your emotions, so use your own judgment.
--------------
*NOTE: These rules are here for a reason -- TO KEEP PEACE IN THE THREAD. We reinforce these rules in an orderly fashion. If you see a rule-breaker in the thread, DISREGARD HIM/HER; let one of the Mods take care of it. If none of the Thread Mods are online at the moment, then the Uber-Regulars may then take their place in the enforcing of these rules. If you would like to try to contribute to helping us, then do so in a RESPECTFUL MANNER. To view the list of Mods, plz scroll down.

User Image
THESE PEOPLE listed below are Give-a-Gift's epic Mods! If anyone knows GaG as good as I do, it's them. To learn more about each of our individual Mods, feel free to click their names (if clickable); it will bring you to their own personalized & reserved post.
---
Hula the Great/Lunar Chromatix
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
firefreak516
Penorgasm Xombie
Sayville Says So
Delinquent Sins
SwordsBlade
Kuragari Ookami
Vampiress_Dae
rhythmic memories
Niji Iro Kouga

Tsuki Usagi Desu

A LITTLE ABOUT MODS.

Mods are there to reinforce rules and make any when necessary.
Mods can recommend me people who are deserving.
Mods are to be treated with the same respect as me if not higher. ;O
Mods are quite wise. if you have a question you can ask them.
Mods can ban people from this thread.

[^Quoted from Tinky's Thread, because this is SO true and Tinky is SO awesome!]
THOSE LISTED IN THIS POST ARE TO NOT BE BOMBARDED BY BEGGING.
Yes, most of these people have donated EPIC items/amounts of gold, but don't beg them to give you something! If they think you deserve it, they will donate to you. You keep that in mind.

User Image
Those listed here are the beloved regulars who are online most of the time posting here, almost/nearly as much as a mod should be! Because of this, they know how this place works, they know the rules, etc. The people listed here are allowed to keep things under control when the Mods aren't here, because we trust you guys! These are technically sub-Mods, OH SNAP! <3
---
xx__iD3MON
Princess Yochevi
The Infamous Eternal Doom
x_A s p h y x i a t e d_x
Elle a Rinita
DentilFloss-
Altruz Fluidz
r a m - c o p y r i g h t
Margaree
D I S C O S T I C K Z
Catfrog28

User Image
Those listed here are the awesome people who post in this thread regularly! These people are respected as much as the Ubers & Mods; we wouldn't be where we are today w/o 'em! THIS LIST IS A ROUGH ESTIMATE &&IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. If you know you're truly a loyal Regular in GaG, your name on this list shouldn't be holding you back.
---

chinico, The Pirate Kuei, M a m z e l l e V i c k s, l Kouga l, Takozu, d i s t i n c t STAR, Candy Deposit Box, TunaTina_TinaTuna, Supar L, Platinum Elf v2, L o s t X Z e f f i e, submule, Trisscar_cj, iGrunny E M O, xxxICHIGO, Darklord Shade, alameda00n, Yue-chan, Yan Mi, Kuroi Yuuki, Fish_Bait_King, Pg-chan, iT H U N D E R C A K E S, stave000, Riku Temari, iFauxy, Kiei Sadame, ~Wafflegasms!~, lunarshinobi, Her Nathan, tigger B U T T x, Lady Evelon, personal_pain, j a c k i e r a b b i t, Kuro Tsuki Hime, -Twister M o v e-, Duji, Carding, i Rawr u, Margaree, Madame Lee, crystalqueen4ev, xxBenzin, anguicullus100, KayoKit, Kirby Cookies, araskia, candy sushi, Liloeyth, xX Curious Chicken Xx, Muzic Remyx , kandylicious, ZyKada, Seisuke, iiW A F F E R Z, ipoelz, -Grawr-a-Saurus-Rex-, iCelebi, xhaleycakes, sw33tbab3s12, xXx_Diamond Panda_xXx, Altru_a_Gangsta, -Graceful P I X E L-, Mew Mew Kenshin, Dr Vita, Lunar Falcon Alchemist, otaku_crusader, Kieryu, forbiddenhopes, Catfrog28, Fu Baak Hap, Fell FAiluRe , Demonika_Ghostwater, Zombie Tentacles, Kana Kyoto, RouninXD, xDarkFireKai, Mikemysterio, Miss Freaky Rose
User Image
'Where's the White List' you ask? Give-a-Gift doesn't have a White List; the Mods/Ubers/Regs/etc. Lists should make up for it. So we only have a Black List. The people listed below are those who have been banned from GaG. They are forbidden to post here... for reasons better left unsaid & forgotten.THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE. I have multiple pages of Ignored listings; I don't have the time to continue to update this regularly.
---
tacos rule2/TehHoboKid
thugboy556677
The Valkyrie Ryu
lilmisshbk9296
bulldog ruff-n-tuff
Phantom Of The Forum
Lillian Xavier
Kimiaki
Serenith/Serenny/Bank of Serenith
l-Romantic-l/pixeled jesus/roaring_lionfish
bunny_doom
ramil_lee
User Image

FAQs = Frequently Asked Questions
Before you ask one of the Mods/Ubers/Regs a question pertaining to Give-a-Gift, I suggest you read up on this post first. If you ask a question that's already included in this post, you'll just end up embarrassing yourself. If you don't see your question answered in this post, then feel free to ask us.

---

Q: How do I give a gift?
A: You can give a gift through a trade or literally give a gift. To do so, open your inventory and select/click one item you wish to give to someone. On the next page, there should be a 'Give as Gift' button; CLICK IT. Fill in/select all the info/options that need to be completed and click 'Submit'. It will ask you to confirm/make sure you want to give it as a gift. Click 'Yes' and the gift will be sent.

Q: Do I have to give gifts/donations to people if I want to post in here?
A: Of course not! Give-a-Gift isn't solely about giving/receiving. It's about meeting new people, building new friendships, and having fun!

Q: It says Gifting is down/disabled. So now what do I do?
A: You resort to using the Bank to send gifts/donations.

Q: What if both Gifting AND Trading is down?
A: Feel free to stay and chat; GaG won't die that easily. And if you're smart, you'd take advantage of this time to restock on items and/or gold, etc.

Q: Someone just sent me a trade w/ stuff in it. Do I -HAVE- to give items back in the trade?
A: Of course not, but it would be nice. This is a gift-giving thread, so you choose when you give gifts and who you give them to. Just remember to thank your donors; courtesy and respect play important roles in here.

Q: So how do I become a Mod in here?
A: I am no longer looking for any more Mods, so don't ask.

Q: How do I become an Uber-Regular?
A: It's up to the Thread Owner. There are no specific requirements/prerequisites for gaining an Uber-Reg status, but don't beg me or any of the Mods. If we need you to be an Uber, then your name would be on the list. Otherwise, don't ask.

Q: Is it possible for Mods or Ubers to get demoted?
A: Yes, and it's not a very happy process. There must be a valid reason for a particular Mod or Uber to be demoted from his/her position.

Q: This thread moves HELLA fast. I find it very difficult to keep up and/or get noticed by anyone. How can I fix this problem?
A: This tends to happen a lot, so don't worry. Feel free to jump into any conversation you see, but just remember to be polite about it! Attempting this only once won't do the trick, I'm afraid. You must be consistent; keep posting in the thread, and try to avoid making a new post that is irrelevant to what everyone else is talking about. You'll have to try your best, so don't give up!

Q: I'm currently having a problem w/ someone/some people in here, and I don't want to start any drama. What do I do?
A: You can do one of two things, or you can do both: Take it to PMs and try to solve the problem, keeping it out of the thread. If that doesn't work/if you want to, feel free to PM our lovely Thread Consultant, Klitora. He is always willing to help GaG members solve their problems and avoid drama.

Q: Can I make a banner for GaG?
A: Feel free to do so; we're always open to new graphics for the thread. <3 Just be sure to PM it/them to me, iHula, when you've finished, so I can put it up on the first page.

***More will be added***
User Image

*'What should I give/donate?!' Your WISHLIST helps out a lot, so keep that in mind.
*Maybe if you stay to chat and hangout, it might increase your chances of actually getting an item. Be nice, it's rewarding.
*Posting your Quest(s) help out as well. . . but I really rather see more talking than quest-posting. o.0; Whatever floats your boat.
*Got a cool-looking avi? I bet if your avi is eye-catchy, people might want to donate to you as well. Haha, just a thought.
*DON'T COME IN HERE AND START BEGGING US TO GIVE YOU ITEMS. It's just a big, fat turn-off for gift-givers, and you might just get ignored.
*When the Gaia's gift-giving system is down, and we resort to trading, don't cancel/reject the trade because you don't like the items or the amount of gold being given to you. You do that, it's guaranteed that you'll receive less; be happy w/ what you get-- it's better than nothing.

~I'll add more later on.
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

*Other items that have been given in GaG include the following:
Monthly Collectibles/Donation Items
Sealeds/Monthly Thank You Letters
Evolving Items of all generations
Event Items
Shop Items
Tickets & Tokens
Bugs, Trash, Flowers, Ink, etc.
Commons
+much, much more!
biggrin

~reserved for future use~
User Image
Help us advertise Give-a-Gift by putting one of our banners/buttons in your signature, posts, profiles, etc.! If you'd like to make any banners for us, feel free to do so! Be sure to PM them to iHula.
---
GaG's URL Code/Link to this Thread:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/gag/t.42508427/

~

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/gag/t.42508427/]
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/threadlayoutbutton.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag1.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag2.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag3.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag4.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag5.jpg[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag7.jpg[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag8.jpg[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/gag9.png[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/g_GaG/10.gif[/IMG][/url]

~

User Image
[IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/strifesgirl6/givaagift.jpg[/IMG][/url]
User Image
Other places you might like to visit!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
-cuts red ribbon w/ giant scissors-

IT IS 2:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time, August 4th, 2008...
WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces