Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Nerd

9,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nerd 50
Most physical painful experience?
When I was kicked in the chest on accident when I walked too close to the swing set as a kid.

Most emotionally painful experience?
When I found out my mother had relapsed with her mental disability. It felt like I lost my best friend.
- What is the most physically painful experience youve ever suffered through?  What caused it?  How long did the pain last?  Did you fully recover?  Tell us about it.

Omg lol pain. Well my ulcerative colitis causes me pain everyday. It becomes normal for me. I think my most painful experiences are when I get my periods though. I had an ovarian cyst, anemia,and a UTI one time during my period. I had a fever of 102, excruciating cramps, nausea, severe chills, and I almost lost consciousness once. I had to stay in the hospital for about 4 days. Now my periods are not so harsh. But pain is a normal thing for me.

- What is the most mentally/emotionally painful experience youve ever suffered through?  What made it so stressful?  How long did this pain last?  Does it still affect you?

When my father put my mother in the mental hospital and jail one time. Omg I could type out a novel. Long story short, it lasted for a month and it was HELL. He abused my mom to such a point that she ended up scratching his arm out of anger. The scratches were barely visible. /: But the law is the law. Anyways, he took away all the phones so we could not talk to her, he did not let us see her, he let his whores and meth head friends loot the house, he got PISSED if we wanted to see our mom, and more. It still effects 
me. I have PTSD because of how badly my father abused the rest of the family.

- Did you learn anything from going through such pain?

I have learned to appreciate life. I have learned how to be strong and wise. I am still learning this.

- What is your thresh-hold for pain?  How much pain can you handle mentally?  Physically?  Where does pain draw the line into becoming too much to bare?

With physical pain, it has become a numb thing for me to deal with. I still feel it but I just shrug it off. So I guess my threshold is high. It becomes too much if I have to go to the ER. With mental pain, my threshold is a little below moderate. If it gets too much, I have panic attacks that makes me look like I am possessed or something... But because of the abuse that just recently ended, I am pretty tolerant to mild mental pain. But I am also sensitive, have high anxiety, and have PTSD. So it gets really difficult at times.

Sparkly Fatcat

- Well it dates back to when I was 11 years old, it was a warm summer and I was a week away from leaving primary school. We were having a non uniform book day and I was dressed as a character called Tracey Beeker, although when it got to lunchtime I was so warm and dehydrated I passed out. I remember this so well because for a week I was throwing up after everything I ate, I was on just pure liquid because the doctor diagnosed me wrong and gave me the wrong medicine. My mum seriously thought she was going to loose me. :/
I'm fine now but I just have to make sure I drink more turned out it developed into a kidney infection.

- I get down most days because I'm quite a shy person and I generally feel negative about life, I think since 2009-2012 have been the worst years so far just so many events have happened and I know it's all part of growing up but I never knew I'd be jobless and on the dole. However I'm still glad I'm alive it could be worse and at least I have a roof over my head, food and a bed. I also have a wonderful boyfriend who I met in 09 so I'm very grateful of that!

Sparkly Fatcat

Dysfunctional_Hooker

I just read your story and you should be paid. :')
What I don't understand is yes it's hard for a mother to loose her little girl but idk why she couldn't at least try to accept it and when you got hurt by that other girl aswel, your mother should of been more supportive. :/
It's a shame really but I'm actually kinda glad it's all over for you, I regret it but in the past I laughed at gay people and the thing is it was never in a mean way I just thought they looked different on purpose and it was funny. Also it's only just last year that I found out that f*****t meant gay in america, if we call somebody a f** in English terms it means your a smoker or your just generally a mong. I still call my friends gay for the lol's but now I'm older and understand it more I can learn to accept it, people should be more educated about the different sexuality's and should not be afraid to embrace themselves if they are gay, lesbian or whatever floats there boat as long as your happy. C:

Apocalyptic Raider

seal pup tirade
Koala Bruce
seal pup tirade
Koala Bruce
Cut my leg open one night, thought it wasn't that bad, it got infected and had to be amputated. Got a fake one now, though.

As much as I hate going to the doctor, you should always at least consider going when your leg starts to turn colours it shouldn't. It's a wonder I didn't die.

How deep was the wound?
I didn't think it was that deep, but I suppose I was wrong, I treated it like a little cut, when it was I guess slightly deeper. It happened years ago, and now I know better than to try and remove a mole after a night of drinking.

Dude you never know how bad injuries can be

Getting stabbed doesn't even really hurt that much its wierd.

Orrr maybe you had a terrible terrible doctor who should be fired and put in prison. Did you ever get that feeling?
I've got a pretty bad fear of doctors, and I didn't go until it was a bit too late. It wasn't the first time I've let my fear get in the way of my safety, but after my leg, I've gotten a lot better at conquering that fear.
Right now Im suffering hard on my knee. Theres this small bump on it that hurts so bad. And when I walk my clothing rubs on it and it makes it really painful. Idk how Im going to be able to walk to school today.

Rainbow Fatcat

Burning Bonus
I'd have to say the time when I got my face cut up with a bread knife
o -o

It counts as both phsycial and mental 'cause the guy was prettymuch my only partner at the time, and I was naive enough to think he did all those things out of disciplinary love

I've only just recently gotten over it really, and I'm much happier now
o u o

Still have some scars but the physical pain was what, maybe a week or two
If anything it's the fact that I'm left with a scarred up face that bugs me the most but whatevs
You deal with it right

I'd say my pain threshold is nonstatic
o -o

It goes up and down a lot

emotion_0A0 ........ ... . . . . .
I'm glad to hear that you've moved on... that sounds just... horrible.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
~Sweet_Darknesz~
Burning Bonus
I'd have to say the time when I got my face cut up with a bread knife
o -o

It counts as both phsycial and mental 'cause the guy was prettymuch my only partner at the time, and I was naive enough to think he did all those things out of disciplinary love

I've only just recently gotten over it really, and I'm much happier now
o u o

Still have some scars but the physical pain was what, maybe a week or two
If anything it's the fact that I'm left with a scarred up face that bugs me the most but whatevs
You deal with it right

I'd say my pain threshold is nonstatic
o -o

It goes up and down a lot

emotion_0A0 ........ ... . . . . .
I'm glad to hear that you've moved on... that sounds just... horrible.

yea

it'll all be fine
no worries
o u o
- What is the most physically painful experience you've ever suffered through? What caused it? How long did the pain last? Did you fully recover? Tell us about it.
Natural childbirth x 4.
The pain lasted in order from eldest to youngest: 28 hours, 25 hours, 4 days, 28 hours.
Thats from established labour (4cm) to them actually being born.
Everything including my v****a has recovered.

- What is the most mentally/emotionally painful experience you've ever suffered through? What made it so stressful? How long did this pain last? Does it still affect you?
When my son almost died on the operating table.
Because I wasn't there to protect him, and that he's my child.
It still affects me today, I still worry that it might happen with any future surgery.

Aged Regular

6,350 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
When I saw my girlfriend in the hospital during labor. I have to say that was the most emotionaly draining thing anyone should NEVER have to go through.

Word of advice, when they give you or your S/O the stuff to force contractions, ask for the epidural. Because every time she got hit with a contraction that was big, she literally CRIED OUT IN PAIN.

It was pretty bad. But after having to go into the OR for a C-Section, because they waited too long, and hearing my son be brought into the world, All that washed away from both of us.
Bobkiller Killerbob
When I saw my girlfriend in the hospital during labor. I have to say that was the most emotionaly draining thing anyone should NEVER have to go through.

Word of advice, when they give you or your S/O the stuff to force contractions, ask for the epidural. Because every time she got hit with a contraction that was big, she literally CRIED OUT IN PAIN.

It was pretty bad. But after having to go into the OR for a C-Section, because they waited too long, and hearing my son be brought into the world, All that washed away from both of us.

Sorry you had a son and not a sweet little girl. gonk

Aged Regular

6,350 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Namekuji Kimi
Bobkiller Killerbob

I'm glad I didn't have a little girl! D:!

I don't want to be the dad with the shotgun if she's a minute late... Or "late" in general. D:!
Bobkiller Killerbob
Namekuji Kimi
Bobkiller Killerbob

I don't want to be the dad with the shotgun if she's a minute late... Or "late" in general. D:!

But you don't have to be, you could just understand that girls are equally sexual creatures as men, and that you should treat your little girl just as you would your little boy in terms of her relationship endeavors.

It is bad to treat girls as though they are creatures that require more protection and coddling than boys.
Physically? Lyme's Disease. I'm lucky when it comes to getting hurt. It wasn't super painful, but it lasted a long time. The most painful being maybe the first two days of my period? I don't know...

I'm so scared of childbirth, which is likely to be an inevitable pain. I've never really experienced anything seriously painful...my periods are enough to make me throw up, but I'm sure they're not THAT bad compared to other stuff, like breaking bones and surgery.

Emotionally? Basically, my junior year of high school. I was being raped by my father over a period of a few months, had to leave what was my home after finally telling my mom, discuss it constantly with both the police, psychologists, and lawyers, ruined my GPA, and the tensions this caused in my relationship resulted in break up with my ex. When I look back, he wasn't the most fantastic boyfriend, but he was my first love, and we had dated for a significant amount of time, as far as high school relationships go. I'm not entirely over my ex, and there are still issues stemmed from what happened, but they aren't as much of a bother.

Aged Regular

6,350 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Namekuji Kimi
Bobkiller Killerbob
Namekuji Kimi
Bobkiller Killerbob

But you don't have to be, you could just understand that girls are equally sexual creatures as men, and that you should treat your little girl just as you would your little boy in terms of her relationship endeavors.

It is bad to treat girls as though they are creatures that require more protection and coddling than boys.

It's not just that. I mean, I know how guys think. 9/10 they'd hump 'em and dump 'em. That's why I don't trust guys. I'm going to do the same thing to my son.

Also, I just don't think I could be a dad to a little girl. It'd be weird...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff