Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was it good?

No! +1 1 100.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
1 2 >

Dapper Consumer

It really wasn't talk2hand
The Hobbit, like all of the other Lord of the Rings movies, was filled with fighting and excitement, I didn't see anything wrong with it, it stuck fairly well to the book as well and matched up with the other movies.

Lupine Hunter

16,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
You are kidding, right Aroe?
Especially when you said 'Just like the other movies'.

I think you need to read the books again and take a good long look at what Peter Jackson did, because I can assure you it did not stick to the book. And if you're so inclined, read the rest of Tolkien's writings, including the Appendixes and The Simarillion. Then come back and let us know just how much of those movies are accurate.

There's a reason The Hobbit is not getting good ratings from people who are fans of the book.

1,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I really liked it. I love the storylines in the LOTR movies, along with the funny little moments, the visuals, and the music.

Dapper Codger

~Lady Kanna~
You are kidding, right Aroe?
Especially when you said 'Just like the other movies'.

I think you need to read the books again and take a good long look at what Peter Jackson did, because I can assure you it did not stick to the book. And if you're so inclined, read the rest of Tolkien's writings, including the Appendixes and The Simarillion. Then come back and let us know just how much of those movies are accurate.

There's a reason The Hobbit is not getting good ratings from people who are fans of the book.

I'm a fan of the book but still managed to enjoy the movie, despite its flaws. People who think that movies need to follow the books exactly need to chill out.

Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
against the book it wasnt the same thing. like the lotr series it has certain plot points that match and alot that doesnt. if your going to see it based off wanting it to match the book... then yes you will be disappointed. just like everyone else that sees a movie that is based off a book wanting it to be exactly the same. i persoanly enjoyed it. but i did feel like some things didnt need to be there/were too long.

Friendly Explorer

3,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
No,it was really good!! A great 'prelude' for the LOTR trilogy heart biggrin

Friendly Hunter

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
I thought it was very good. I like how they broke the book up into three parts. I am excited for the next in the trilogy of the prelude to LOTR biggrin

Bunny

13,950 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
i loved it heart
the tone is more serious than the book, but i'm happy abt that.

Tolkien wanted to make significant changes to the Hobbit after making the Lord of the Rings, but his publishers denied it, 'cuz they were afraid the sales would drop.

loving the book, i'm very happy abt that.

but i love the book as it's own story, and the atmosphere of the movie feels much more like the Lord of the Rings books (not the movies.. i hated the previous trilogy).

i think they got that exactly right this time around.

i love the movie as it's own story as well. there's now two routes to approach the Hobbit, all thanks to the decision to make it different from the book. i'm not complaining.

and yes, i'm aware there's details that r different from the book, but having watched so many movies based in books and always ending up disappointed, i find these changes extremely small in comparison to how most movies leave out scenes that happen in the original plot. this movie didn't make that mistake.

to each their own, i guess. but i love it~ emotion_bigheart

Humorist

I think that people just need to accept the fact that the movies will never be as good as the book confused

Lonely Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
it is juast nother good movie. I like it by the moment.
please check this link
http://9gag.com/gag/6314958?ref=popular
links between LOTR and the hobbit

Invisible Genius

9,500 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I never saw it, but the clips the commercial showed were so heavily laced with CGI that I thought the whole movie was animated.

Distinct Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
I went to the premier for the 3D version (We pre-ordered and that was the only version available). I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I've not read the book myself, but my dad and my brother have and there were a couple of complaints they had, but overall it followed the book. It wasn't perfect, but neither was the LotR trilogy. It's definitely worth the buy and to add to the collection.
Hmm. Nothing special about it, I agree.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games