Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
Kaiser Khorosho
Preston886

No, the Goku effect is that every new villain is more powerful either Goku train and becomes stronger or because of his Saiyan heritage after getting beaten he becomes stronger. That's been established since the Saiyan Saga.

Captain America was as strong back in the 40s as he is now. Red Skull has always been on par with him. The only thing that's changed is his shield. And Captain America has lost fights, like too Deadpool, Taskmaster, Thor, Black Panther to name a few. Just because he beat the Master Chief doesn't make him invincible. We're talking about a man who jumped off a helicarrier to escape SHIELD and landed on a fighter jet to get away. He managed to beat Spider-Man in his Iron Spider outfit which enhanced his abilities due to his combat experience, he's beaten Wolverine numerous times, he also took down Cyclops recently, he even managed to beat a guy on his level of superhuman ability with his superior combat experience!

MC is genetically enhanced, great. He's got powered armor, awesome. He uses standard military issued weapons. Okay. But he lacks the combat experience and the hand to hand combat abilities to stand with Captain America. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU ******** UNDERSTAND! MC is just another generic powered armored super soldier for Cap to beat on.

Stop being a butt hurt whiny b***h and move on with your life. So Master Chief lost? He lost to a superior hand to hand combatant whose dealt with far more dangerous and more able foes than the Master Chief. emotion_dealwithit

Chief's armor, and Chief himself survived a fall from outer ******** space and LIVED. You're not giving him enough credit. MJOLNIR is a lot stronger than you give it credit. Now, if both were stripped, no armor, no shield, I'd give the edge to Cap all day long. Smaller, lighter, faster. And IMAGINE if Cap had spartan armor. O_o

I mean, on PAPER, they both look nigh identical. Both can run 30+ MPH, both are at the peak of physical conditioning, both have DECADES of weapons and CQC training, both have almost unbreakable bones. The BIGGEST factor is Cap's shield. Chief's shield can repel most of Cap's weapons (unless he came prepared) sans the shield, and if Chief happened to CATCH the shield...

Also, as Cortana points out in numerous occasions, Chief has got luck on his side. When cap was going in for the kill, his shield could have hit just right and bounced off of Chief's armor, allowing for an opening. smile

And I'm not being butt hurt. It just seems that in the comic book world, people are more strong and unrealistic than in video games. It also seems like there is ZERO chance Master Chief could win, as you describe Captain America. confused Someone on the youtube video said he can DODGE BULLETS but then others say he can only run 50MPH. Most bullets are super sonic, meaning he'd have to be moving at 700+ MPH to dodge bullets. sweatdrop

STOP! Decades? Cap fought in WW2 and then was frozen and then unfrozen in 1964 and has continued fighting from then on. Cap has over 50yrs of Combat Experience!

John has been training since he was 6yrs old, but didn't see action their late teens. John overall has maybe 40yrs experience at most. But Captain America has faced several alien species(Kree & Skrulls), whisked away to an alien battle world against the world's greatest foes, fought a time traveler, gods, space gods, super soldiers, mutants, mad scientists, androids, and so on.

The Kree alone have an armada enough to take out the entire Earth. They've only been matched by the sheer number of the Skrulls and the Annihilation Wave, a force that was powerful enough to wipe out 90% of the galaxy!

In those 60yrs, Cap has seen way more s**t than MC could have hoped for. You think MC would stand a chance again Dr. Doom? DOOM WAS ONCE LITERALLY TURNED TO STONE, HAD HIS TURNED TO ACID, TOSSED BACK IN TIME AND EATEN BY MEGALADONS! And you know what Doom did? He came back infinity more powerful from the experience and really ticked off, so he killed the guy who tried to kill him with a mere flick of the wrist. And the guy who tried to kill him was a guy who traveled universes and blew them up with a wave of the hand for fun! Let's not forget Doom stole the Surfer's power and Galactus' once and even took control of the Beyonder's powers, who was powerful enough to trap a weakened Galactus.

What's Chief going to do to someone like Doom? Shoot him? Blow him up? Get physical with him? Doom has built his ******** armor to resist the Hulk and even then he's created forcefields that put Dr. Strange to shame, the sorcerer supreme. Doom not only once cheated death by sheer will of force, he crawled out of hell so he could try and lift Mjolnir. WHO DOES THAT?! Doom does that s**t and Cap has to face him when s**t gets real

So stop bitching and accept that Cap would beat the Master Chief. I don't care how advanced Chief's armor is, Cap's shield will ALWAYS be stronger than it. emotion_dealwithit

Alright. Chief couldn't beat Cap because Cap is OP. Everything I have offered as evidence pales in comparison of someone who has 50+ years of fighting Nazis, Gods, and multiple alien races. Chief has only 30 years of experience and hasn't fought Nazis or Gods.

You DO see what I'm getting at, right? Comic book characters are OP. So what you're saying is, super heroes can do anything, and no one should even try and stand against them, because writers will just just come up with some silly contrived thing to show everyone that "nope, this person can't be defeated because of this random a** thing that just happens to be exactly what they need to do." And when SUPER HEROES are defeated, how often do they DIE and STAY dead? Any other media death usually has finality.

You do see how silly I'm finding this, right? I mean, Dr. Doom is turned to stone, sent back in time, and eaten by giant sharks, and not only survives this but comes back infinitely stronger than before. Pretty sure if you get sent back in time and eaten by sharks you can't come back...seems a bit...hard to believe. -_-

I guess what I'm saying is that I like my characters BELIEVABLE, people who's mortality isn't something up to the discretion of the writer. At least not until Deadpool shows up and kills everyone. And in THAT comic, I believed every single way he killed the heroes. Getting doomsday weapons and nuking people, shooting Spiderman in the face, killing The Hulk AFTER he reverts to normal, burning the healing factor mutants alive so as to incapacitate them...

And please, I dun wanna know how Dr. Doom managed to pull off that little feat of his. That's just ridiculous. talk2hand

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
What evidence Kensei? Master Chief is at peak physical human condition and wears powered armor and has standard combat training and uses standard military weapons. Great.

What does Captain America have? Aside from being at peak physical human condition, he's trained in nearly every hand to hand combat available on Earth, has 50yrs combat experience against super villains like Master Chief and well above, and wields an indestructible shield. He's faster than the Chief and more agile since the powered armor weighs him down, and the shield can take anything the Master Chief has in his arsenal including Covenant and Forerunner tech without a scratch.

So Cap decapitating Master Chief isn't so far fetched since the shield is STRONGER THAN ADAMANTIUM AND URU THE TWO HARDEST METALS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! Even vibranium can't touch Cap's shield! What evidence don't you get Kensei? What facts are you having a hard time adjusting to? Captain America is superior to the Master Chief, I've just proven you wrong several times you dense mother ******** and you still keep making the same argument about the MC armor and complaining that Cap is OP, yet I've proven you wrong on all accounts.

Just ******** deal with it to t**t! And if you give me s**t about the Master Chief's shields, then I'll remind you that Captain America's shield deflects energy due to it's mysterious alloy. Not only can it withstand great physical duress, but energy as well. It's only been destroyed twice by the infinity gauntlet which is near god status on weapons and the Molecular Man who controls molecules!

You've been proven wrong again and again with evidence and facts and yet still can't deal. So shut the ******** up and man up and just deal with it! You're wrong, the fans voted right and the evidence, stats, and facts all point to Captain America > Master Chief. Move on with your life!

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Preston886
What evidence Kensei? Master Chief is at peak physical human condition and wears powered armor and has standard combat training and uses standard military weapons. Great.

What does Captain America have? Aside from being at peak physical human condition, he's trained in nearly every hand to hand combat available on Earth, has 50yrs combat experience against super villains like Master Chief and well above, and wields an indestructible shield. He's faster than the Chief and more agile since the powered armor weighs him down, and the shield can take anything the Master Chief has in his arsenal including Covenant and Forerunner tech without a scratch.

So Cap decapitating Master Chief isn't so far fetched since the shield is STRONGER THAN ADAMANTIUM AND URU THE TWO HARDEST METALS IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE! Even vibranium can't touch Cap's shield! What evidence don't you get Kensei? What facts are you having a hard time adjusting to? Captain America is superior to the Master Chief, I've just proven you wrong several times you dense mother ******** and you still keep making the same argument about the MC armor and complaining that Cap is OP, yet I've proven you wrong on all accounts.

Just ******** deal with it to t**t! And if you give me s**t about the Master Chief's shields, then I'll remind you that Captain America's shield deflects energy due to it's mysterious alloy. Not only can it withstand great physical duress, but energy as well. It's only been destroyed twice by the infinity gauntlet which is near god status on weapons and the Molecular Man who controls molecules!

You've been proven wrong again and again with evidence and facts and yet still can't deal. So shut the ******** up and man up and just deal with it! You're wrong, the fans voted right and the evidence, stats, and facts all point to Captain America > Master Chief. Move on with your life!

Wow...umm, how about you stop insulting me? You're acting like Kochou, calling me a mother ******** and a t**t and I don't appreciate it. And I admitted it. I said Cap would win because he's OP. Its a mismatch.

The "evidence" I was trying to present was what can be MEASURED. You can't measure strength and powers of super heroes because there are so many renditions and stories that if you put them all in a chart then there would be conflicting results. With Chief its finite. He can do this and that and they say so in the book. We've played as him over four games and know how high he can jump and how much damage he can take.

All the writers over his 70 year publication history made sure Cap was the symbol of awesomeness and gave him stronger and stronger foes to fight and defeat, whereas Master Chief has only had about what? 30-40 hours of screen time (10 in each of H1, H3, and H4, less in H2 due to sharing time with the Arbiter) and maybe 2000 pages of literature to his name. Assuming Cap has had one comic published a month over the last 70 years, that gives him about 800 issues worth of scenarios and shenanigans he can get in and out of, as well as allowing him to showcase the IMPOSSIBLE things he can do.

Its over and done with. Chief and Cap should have never been put up against each other and that video was just made to garner views and because Winter Soldier was coming out a few weeks later. Its obviously was meant to generate controversy and it definitely has with us arguing.

And please stop calling me names. I'm trying to be civil in here and you jump all over me when I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry I didn't know a normal genetically enhanced human armed with an impervious shield could beat a normal genetically enhanced human armed with future technology. I didn't know fighting aliens didn't make you nigh immortal. You need to fight Nazis and Gods to do that. My bad. You don't have to be so mean.

Witty Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Does everyone still play Destiny? everyone I played with on xbox 360 stopped...
_Neo_X_DonutMan_
Does everyone still play Destiny? everyone I played with on xbox 360 stopped...

I got it for the XBOX One. Kinda regret it, but then I regret most of my videogame purchases this year.

Titanfall was fun for about a week...

Destiny has been a roller coaster. I hate it, play a new game, get bored of that, come back.

Borderlands The Pre Sequel is so boring to look at and there's nothing to do...

Halo MCC is buggy as hell and I still haven't seen Nightfall because its bugged on the Halo Channel...

I'm Kensei, BTW, new GT: Khoroshogun. Kaiser's mule account here on gaia. I had no idea this thread had died after the tiff Preston and I had. Such a silly argument over Captain America vs Master Chief and he unfriends and blocks me on here AND XBOX LIVE. I got a random Subscribed thread has a reply notice from this thread and I was still banned but I came back on to see what was going on. Apparently nothing. confused

But yeah, Destiny is fun but frustrating. I just do it because it wastes time. I think I must be depressed because I can't seem to have fun in other games anymore but Destiny's monotony is appeasing somehow. It really weirds me out.

Witty Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I haven't been on in who knows how long and come back to find that Gaia is a wasteland and all the threads I was subscribed to are mostly dead..

I'll probably be getting an Xbox one next week!

Destiny is fun with friends but after work added more hours + college work I had no time to play after about 3 weeks everyone got bored of it I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff