Welcome to Gaia! ::

If they aren't a troll they need to die
If they are a troll they need to die
Why? Because it isn't something to joke about.
Sermanther
ChiyoSuzaku
I agree on the point that it can make people stronger, but that's really the primary options following rape- either give up or pick up what's left of yourself and move on. I do think that people have some pretty extreme opinions on rapists, but it still shouldn't be thought of as "okay" just because a decent amount of people are viewed as stronger afterwards. It's still not something anyone should have to go through.

Stronger in what way exactly?

Anyway, it doesn't even matter if there are any good things associated with it (which there isn't). It's not like it's going to make them feel better by saying "Well, at least it made you (conceived benefit)." It's like saying "I'm sorry you were mugged, but at least it made you more aware of your surroundings."(or that's the best I can come up with)

Just in general. Strength that is derived from periods of hardship is different for everyone, but hardship can generate a strength that makes you proud of who you've become even if you didn't deserve what happened to you.

Greedy Consumer

Requiem ex Inferni
I'm actually not entirely sure if that's trolling, or if the author is serious. Part of me wants to say that it's trolling, but after the ******** of comments about rape that the GOP unleashed after Todd Akin's "women don't get pregnant from legitimate rape" comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some idiot on the Right (or even on the Left) stupid enough to say that in a serious manner.
rape recipients alone means trolling

Aged Lunatic

Lilac Amalthea
For the love of God and all that is holy, please tell me that was posted by a troll...

I ran across a global conspiracy to kill all meat eaters on the planet by 2019. I put NOTHING past anyone anymore.

Quotable Conversationalist

4,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm taking a sociology class in school right now and we've started to discuss functionalism, which is the theory that if something exists, and has continued to exist for a long period of time, it provides some sort of benefit to society. So, from a functionalist point of view, whether we like it or not, rape is somehow beneficial. I came to this thread expecting something like that.

And then I remembered that the internet is full of silly people and trolls heart
Melody Niwa
I'm taking a sociology class in school right now and we've started to discuss functionalism, which is the theory that if something exists, and has continued to exist for a long period of time, it provides some sort of benefit to society. So, from a functionalist point of view, whether we like it or not, rape is somehow beneficial. I came to this thread expecting something like that.

And then I remembered that the internet is full of silly people and trolls heart

I am a strong believer in that, but I am hard pressed to find any benefits to rape, other than to assist in population growth.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
God idk if I should dislike the thread or not because I honestly can't believe someone would have enough gall to say "rape recipients" in a public-ish place. This is actually extremely disturbing that someone, most likely male, would actually use that phrase as if the woman should be lucky to be raped. Oh thank Jesus I was raped, now I'll be more sociable. As if talking to people wasn't friggin enough anyways.

The reason they talk to more people ( which I'm assuming is a correct statement since there was no evidence given to support it ) is because if they didn't They Would Commit Suicide. Or begin drugs/ escalate drug usage, pretty much the same thing. Fricken disgusting.

Quotable Conversationalist

4,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
funwithforkz
Melody Niwa

I am a strong believer in that, but I am hard pressed to find any benefits to rape, other than to assist in population growth.

I guess it would also create jobs, eh? Counselors, lawyers, doctors, etc. I should bring it up in class and see what the teacher thinks.

Of course, I still believe that rape is 100%, undoubtedly disgusting and wrong. But from the right point of view, it is possible to see a benefit from it.
I know that this is most likely a troll post, but troll post or not it's completely and utterly wrong.

Speaking as a survivor of rape and an advocate for rape and sexual assault victims, I can say without a doubt that there is not benefit to rape. For those that overcome what happened to them they do become stronger but for some they will be victimized again and again, or will not be able to leave the situation and the person that abuses them. Rape makes it hard to trust people, it's hard to talk about with friends, family and new additions to that persons life. Rape can ruin a family, or put stress on a relationship with a spouse or loved one.

I could go on, but I think it would be somewhat pointless. Read real statistics and real facts if you want to know the truth.

Golden Citizen

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I think the person who uttered this bullcrap should be raped violently to prove their theory

Gracious Bloodsucker

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Quote:
Rape in most places is considered a social taboo. It is actually frowned upon in most circles that don't involve people of Hispanic decent. But I for one think that the social stigma that surrounds rape is not only undeserved but ludicrous and exaggerated.

There are in fact many positive aspects to rape that are oft not mentioned in the biased liberal media.

Did you know that over 85% of rape victims became more socially active after being raped? No, you never hear about those statistics. Rape actually improves your charisma by totally destroying your self-worth and utterly annihilating any sense of security. Strangely enough, most entertaining people hate themselves- it's what allows that to be so self-deprecating.

Have you ever been hit with a ball while playing a sport? Being raped is a lot like being smacked with a giant ball. At first you are hurt and you cry but then you get up and you're stronger for it.

Rape victims or "rape recipients" are stronger as people because of their expirience and I think we can all agree that that's a positive thing.

I think most women know this and spend a lot of time and energy trying to be raped to get popular.

Before I start this off. I am a rape victim. I would NEVER wish it to happen to anyone, me included ever!

That being said, this troll post brings up some interesting points.

We will start with the horrible idea that their correlation statistics actually mean something.

Increase in Social Drive: This very well may not be an increase in social drive, but a need to be surrounded by people to feel more secure. It would trigger our safety in numbers response. It can also be attributed to increased substance abuse due to depression. Many substance abusers seek to party to forget their trauma. This does not make them a social butterfly, it means that they are effectively unable to cope.

Being stronger for it: SOME women become aloof, unapproachable and develop trust issues. These could be construed into being a stronger woman, when in reality they are weaker, choosing to keep problems as far away as possible so that they do not have to deal with them. Other women break.

Asking for it for increased popularity: I find this one to be almost amusing. Cases of rape can cause the departure of friends/boyfriends/husbands/family and other members of society ho are unable to accept what happened. In some countries/cultures it's even possible that your Father/Brother/Husband can KILL you if you are raped because you are no longer clean/pure/his. I'm pretty sure that's not considered popularity.

I'm white, and I don't EVEN know what to think about saying that cultures with hispanic descent are okay with rape, because I know it to be untrue. Rape is taboo in almost EVERY culture world wide. Even in cultures where rape is seen as a way to save your life, it is still taboo. There are cultures in rural africa for instance that believe that raping a child will cleanse you of aids, because that child is pure and will spread that purity to you. Even among them it's still taboo.

On the flip side of the coin. There ARE evolutionary aspects that would make rape beneficial to a species. Removing all social morals/ethics/and tenants you could say that rape is beneficial to the species survival. Here is why. In every species where breeding involves rape (there are MANY) the rapist must be strong enough not only to overpower the victim, who will fight tooth, nail, paw, and claw, but they must also be strong enough to overpower any males who are in competition for this mate. This means that if there is no competition, the female is not an ideal specimen, and thus is not required to breed with an ideal mate. If there is a lot of competition than the one who gets her first/has the fast strongest sperm/etc will get the offspring, thus ensuring that the offspring will be top quality, and very likely to carry on the line/species.

There are tribes/familys' of primates who when taken over by a new male, the male will kill all current living offspring under a certain age, then rape every female to populate the family with his own genetics. It is cruel, but it ensures that since he was strong enough to take over, his offspring have a better chance to survive and do the same later. These females will scream/cry/try to hide their offspring, and fight with everything they have to try to save their children and stop their rape.

Underneath our facade of social tenants and morals, we are still animals. We still have instincts and animal urges. Yes there are going to be men who rape women, it's in their genetic makeup. All they are proving is that they are animals, and do not fit into society if they cannot think past their animal urges, and are thus shunned, as is appropriate.
GunsmithKitten
Sohisohi
Time to raise the self-esteem of women everywhere.

Yea, so how many bullets will it take before said attempted rapist realizes "maybe this wasn't such a good idea"?
Trick question, there is no amount of bullets.

Aged Lunatic

Sohisohi
GunsmithKitten
Sohisohi
Time to raise the self-esteem of women everywhere.

Yea, so how many bullets will it take before said attempted rapist realizes "maybe this wasn't such a good idea"?
Trick question, there is no amount of bullets.

So just enough until the sorry hide of said rapist stops moving, gotcha.

7,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Rape is bad. And I don't even think being more socially active is something that's especially good.
where was this posted omg

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces