Welcome to Gaia! ::

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Hi! Let's talk about something positive this round. Let's talk about like - or love, if you will - that love or like or interest we have for fellow users, whether we've met them, seen them around often or fleetingly, or maybe even once in our Gaian existence.

To start off;
* These stories are fictional; used just to set the mood

The Story of My Life

Once upon a time, there was this user, A, who was shopping one day for gold shop items. Scrolling through the shop via their front pages, he/she chances upon an avatar which he/she really, really liked, for some reason, be it because it was cool, or in his/her own words, reminded him/her of "a childhood friend with a painful past from another world/life who had to kill his arch nemesis to have his tattoos lasered off".

User Image

Hooked on the idea of ever getting his attention and ever meeting him again, like a Weaver and a Swineherd, A begins his/her quest for love in hopes that his/her newfound user crush would find him/her. A makes fanart of the avatar, like so:
User Image

And makes threads begging the folk around to see if they've seen him before, and could perhaps redirect A to him, in hopes of showing affection avatar art to them, as an appreciation for his creating a lovely avatar.

The guy sees the thread. He posts in it, and thanks A for the gift. They add each other to their friends list. Everything is good, and they PM each other very often. This goes on till Gaia shuts down and they continue to keep in touch on Skype, and live happily ever after.

A little over the top? Oh man, picky picky. Okay, let's have a little more normal situation here:

The Story of My Life
A is a regular [lurker] of a certain forum, and of course, in every forum there are users who post, come in and out, greet each other, make friends, and are, well, at times, just really popular in general.

That would be B. Classy, suave, clean shaven, shiny pectorals poking through the collar of a nice white Lumiere Noire shirt, popular with even the married forum regulars, so much so that A quickly wishes to somehow get closer to B, or well, maybe get to know him a little better, or hoping that he'd pay him/her a liiiiiittle more attention.

One day B makes a thread and for the first time in history, or for a very long time, A succumbs to strong feelings and posts in it. B doesn't reply, however.

Crestfallen, A stops posting for a while. B continues to post - and one day, makes a topic again.

This time, A musters the courage to post something witty for a change. B replies. They make small talk. After a while, profile comments come flooding in. They add each other to their friendslists, start PMing each other, and live happily ever after.

Whatever. I'm no George RR Martin. mad

Anyway, yeah. Users we like. Let's talk about them for a change.
yum_pie What do you like about the users that you like?
yum_pie What made you like them, or start noticing or thinking about them?
yum_pie Have you ever thought about telling them straight up? Or maybe, just because you're shy, are looking for a way to break the ice?
yum_pie Ever gone out of your way to do something a little extraordinary for them?
yum_pie Have they ever reciprocated, or replied, and how did you feel about it?

Demonic Lover

I tend to overthink a lot of stuff XD;;; if I quote someone a certain number of times and we talk and then nothing comes out of it I just tend to assume they are not interested and make a mental note that goes along the lines of "do not bother this person" XDDD it's kind of silly but I just work like that. There are a lot of Gaians I'd like to get closer to C: but I can be a little shy and I will stay away after a certain number of interactions x ox I'll keep an eye on this thread but I thought like, friendships have to move to comments/PMs, otherwise it's kind of awkward to just run into eachother in the GCD :C I mean no one wants to be that person that just chats with their BFF through 2 pages in an unrelated thread XD;;; well, at least I know I don't want to be lol.

I've met a lot of friends through the GCD C: it's full of really cool people and well, I love to talk about items/characters and a lot of people here like to do so as well C: some folks are a lot more friendly than others though... that's for sure XD

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        A user I always wanted to be good friends with/know better was an old AT regular. We talked on occasion and they were always friendly with me and seemed really, really sweet overall. They always did so much for the AT community and had awesome avatars with unique item combos and such. This was way back in 07 or 08 though, and I don't even think they visit this site anymore.
        I'm opting to leave out their name because it's a little awkward, but I will say they're an old moderator.

As for currently, there are a few people who seem like interesting characters that I'd like to talk to and get to know better. I'm terrible at socializing, incredibly timid, and have a bad self esteem so it all adds up to me not doing s**t about it. haha.. redface

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
well i 'd like to know slick southpaw a bit better, i find his posts funny as hell, but, ive never had the courage to ask him to be on my friends list lol

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

There are a few users i see and just 'maniwishiwastheirfriend', and I don't wanna post their usernames cause i dONT WANT THEM TO SEE IT i'dbesoembarassedomg.
I find it hard to directly communicate with someone, even online, so it's hard to just.. start chatting. I'm always worried the person would be like 'the ******** are they talking to me for i dont know them' and it'd be weird .__. And I'd have no idea what to do to start getting friendly with them.

ahahaaa i'm awkward.
/rolls away/

Tiny Friend

Hah! I'm glad your situation worked out for you. I'm way too
embarrassed to publicly look for them like that. I prefer for things to
work or happen naturally. If our conversations spark something, if not
that's fine too. I don't want to force anything.

I don't know how to go about this without being embarrassing but
in general I like people who are positive and look for everyone to feel
good, too. It's not something you see often, so I appreciate those kind
of people a lot. Then there are people who have a lot of great insight.
I actually haven't seen them in a while now I think about it. I did at one
point wanted to gift them because I enjoyed many of their posts.
I also used to tip a bit excessively to show my appreciation but my activity
on Gaia has been a bit muted.

Kawaii Spirit

There are quite a few GCDers that I would love to get to know better, but they're too cool for the likes of me. crying

And I'm super shy so... nevergonnahappen.

Bad Boy

tiny grass
Hah! I'm glad your situation worked out for you.
Err, juuuuuuuuuuust to set it straight, those stories were fictional. sweatdrop

But if you thought they were real, perhaps I might be the next George Martin after all. yum_puddi Thanks.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
mayakko
There are quite a few GCDers that I would love to get to know better, but they're too cool for the likes of me. crying

I can understand that you might feel shy, but never think you are inferior to other GCDers -- everyone is equal. Sure, some users might have more stuff than others, but it's not a place where each person have a different value and you don't have any rights to talk to such or such group of people.

In summary: just go ahead and talk to them -- noone should bite. After that, only time will tell how much they would like to discuss smile Also, remember -- there's always chances that those same GCDers you want to talk to are shy themselves; so don't think they hate you because they doesn't respond wink

Tiny Friend

BOMB4Y
tiny grass
Hah! I'm glad your situation worked out for you.
Err, juuuuuuuuuuust to set it straight, those stories were fictional. sweatdrop

But if you thought they were real, perhaps I might be the next George Martin after all. yum_puddi Thanks.

emotion_donotwant oh. They were pretty believable to me, LOL.

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
There are several users I've tried to be friendly with. Usually it's people with kids because I am totally alone where I'm at and have no one to talk to about them, and same goes for married/engaged people. I try to talk to some gamers around here, and that goes a bit better, and then of course people with similar interests/situations. The GCD is unfortunately a terrible place to get into off topic conversation, so I guess it's harder for me to make friends since I can't think of 100 ways to say I like an item someone posted here.

Of course, my happily ever after thing doesn't work. The reality is that I'm still to scarred from weird college friends that I have to overthink what I type or just flat out delete what I was going to say, thinking I might come off as sucking up or weird or someone might find some offense somewhere to what I say. I'm trying to not delete this right now, actually.

Tipsy Genius

Oh man, so many people. I'm too awkward to initiate any interactions BUT I'M SO OPEN TO MAKING FRIENDS!! SERIOUSLY!! ugh. Usually my super dumb friendship technique is sending a gift off-anon after a long friend-courtship of mutual tipping and occasional profile comment conversations. I wish I could just be like, "yo! if we talked to each other a few times, I totally consider you a good acquaintance and we should be friends!" but it might make people not want to talk to me. lol

Bad Boy

Ayleria
There are several users I've tried to be friendly with. Usually it's people with kids because I am totally alone where I'm at and have no one to talk to about them, and same goes for married/engaged people. I try to talk to some gamers around here, and that goes a bit better, and then of course people with similar interests/situations. The GCD is unfortunately a terrible place to get into off topic conversation, so I guess it's harder for me to make friends since I can't think of 100 ways to say I like an item someone posted here.

Of course, my happily ever after thing doesn't work. The reality is that I'm still to scarred from weird college friends that I have to overthink what I type or just flat out delete what I was going to say, thinking I might come off as sucking up or weird or someone might find some offense somewhere to what I say. I'm trying to not delete this right now, actually.

You're not allowed to delete anything from this thread. mad I've quoted you now so anyone passing by whom you may like may read this and realize that they could quote you and make friends with you ha yum_puddi

Call me cupid sama

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well no one specifically comes to mind but everyone who has a cool avatar I feel like letting them know, but I always make a mental note in stead of actually doing it sweatdrop

Kawaii Spirit

lilloulou
mayakko

I can understand that you might feel shy, but never think you are inferior to other GCDers -- everyone is equal. Sure, some users might have more stuff than others, but it's not a place where each person have a different value and you don't have any rights to talk to such or such group of people.

In summary: just go ahead and talk to them -- noone should bite. After that, only time will tell how much they would like to discuss smile Also, remember -- there's always chances that those same GCDers you want to talk to are shy themselves; so don't think they hate you because they doesn't respond wink

Oh it's not about stuff, it's about their attitude and the things they say. They are very cool people. I'm... not very cool. sweatdrop And I think I fear rejection a lot too, so I just don't talk to them because I don't want to risk it... you know?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff