Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Furry

sodium
Light Soprano
Not sure if you've read any of the threads, but no one is blaming all of the staff. In fact, the collective response is "******** you CEO", not "******** you all of Gaia staff".

There are a few people out there putting the blame on Narumi and Kenny, sadly. ):

Narumi is the one to blame. He's the one who made the decisions for the Flyn's Booty, the flash sales, the pop-ups, etc.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
sodium
Light Soprano
Not sure if you've read any of the threads, but no one is blaming all of the staff. In fact, the collective response is "******** you CEO", not "******** you all of Gaia staff".

There are a few people out there putting the blame on Narumi and Kenny, sadly. ):
Kenny is doing everything in his power to try to deflate the MP so he's not at fault whatsoever. It's sad that people would blame him. Narumi already took responsibility over the decisions. While he's looking out for his job, he should definitely be blamed for not talking to users about this since he's the one working on these things.

Profitable Prophet

Expecting maturity on a site where most of the users are tweens seems kind of silly ^o^ also, I think as long as there aren't any illegal activity occuring, the staff isn't going to care for the outrage, regardless of whether its one with perfect grammar and of epic roleplay proportions or 10CHAR-CAPSLOCK-YELLFEST <3

Spirit

16,200 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ☽ ¤ ☾ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

╔══════════════╗

And again, they will move my thread to another location.

But read my SECOND post and you'll see my second reasoning.

I am just sick and tired of people who have the decency to make threads to bash the staff (when really, they don't need it) and expect it to be fixed over night.

You don't need to post the rules, I know I broke a rule. I know this is meant to be in "CB" or something that will be misread and ignored. I have read most of the heartfelt ones, but you know what? I've read all the angry feedbacks too, and sometimes, they're just like mine.

╚══════════════╝

StrawberryZ0mbie
Generalizations are honestly just so bad. 8(

First of all, you cannot prove that the CEO is the sole driving force behind these decisions. That's merely your assumption. Is he involved? Yeah. Is he the only person to blame? Highly unlikely. People are blaming Gaia as a corporate entity because, well, that is what it is. They are a collective unit and while there are individuals with differing opinions, from a professional level, each one of them represents the company as a whole and is obligated to uphold its decisions.

I also wonder what "folks" you're referring to--while there are quite a few ragey threads in SF right now, you seem to have missed all the calm, heartfelt ones that show genuine disappointment and frustration rather than crazed rage. Also, people have been trying to get Gaia's attention for weeks now. The threads started out nicely--they always do. But after having been ignored for so long, some people feel that the only thing left to do is shout at the walls in the hopes of being heard.

Most of the angry threads aren't coming from people who started out pissed off and cursing--it's gotten that way over time due to mounting frustrations and feelings of not being heard.

Finally--making a thread explicitly to give feedback to users is not allowed. I don't usually quote the rules at people but in this case, not only is this a clear violation but I honestly just can't see the value of posting an angry, accusatory thread at users in here. 8(

Quote:

User Feedback
Site Feedback is designed for ideas/suggestions/feedback about Gaia as a website. It is not a place to address or give feedback on other users (known as user feedback).

Threads that are directed towards users rather than the site will be moved.

Lightbringer

If the higher ups cannot or are unwilling to do something, then let the people vent. If nothing else it will make them feel better.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

DemonLadySesshomaru

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ☽ ¤ ☾ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ******** GARY SCHOFIELD HAS SET THE ORDER DOWN THAT THIS PLACE IS TO MAKE MONEY AND THE USERS DON'T MATTER, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? NARUMI MISUHARA DOESN'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO STAND UP TO THE COO AND TELL HIM THAT THE USERS MATTER EITHER, AND THAT'S THE TRUTH REVOLUTION GAIA IS TRYING TO MAKE A PEACEFUL DIFFERENCE AND IT ISN'T WORKING... NOTHING IS...

THIS SITE IS DYING AND GARY SCHOFIELD IS KILLING IT .... LOOK AT HIS LINKEDIN... HE DOESN'T STAY ANYWHERE FOR LONG- DO YOU SEE A CORRELATION NOW?

I just want to address this because it gets brought up a lot. But it's actually not horribly uncommon for high ranking business executives to have a fairly high turnover rate. It's an incredibly stressful job for one thing--and if an executive is very good at what they do, the chances they will get a better offer somewhere is fairly high.

The fact that he doesn't stay at a company for 2-3 years honestly doesn't mean much because a lot of executives at higher levels are like that....

Spirit

16,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Takarashi
If the higher ups cannot or are unwilling to do something, then let the people vent. If nothing else it will make them feel better.

╔══════════════╗

They can vent, or take a stand.

Either strip down and be in a nude colony, or just stop buying their products.

Done deal.

╚══════════════╝

Spirit

16,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
DemonLadySesshomaru
GentIe AngeIic Artist

╔══════════════╗

You can click a pointless "</3" for all I care, it shows what cowardice you have if you don't have the decency to post back to me stating why you disagree.

Why blame all of the staff when there is only ONE person who is wanting this?

CEO folks.

No wonder the staff don't want to hear you folks... You criticize all of them, by cussing and insulting a majority of them when you don't think: they don't have the power to do any dramatic changes.

Instead of using SF as you know, a mature use of speaking to the staff... All you do is complain.

Make a damn petition, start getting your name out there. I am just as tired as you all, but do you see my posts dissing the staff? Do you think criticizing all of them will get you anywhere?

I think not: they'll just tune you out.

If you have concerns? There are several guilds who aren't taking any action on making a difference.

You want to make one?

Be more damn respectful, and realize that they're in the same boat who can't say a whole lot against their boss... It's probably scary because it's their JOB.

╚══════════════╝

******** GARY SCHOFIELD HAS SET THE ORDER DOWN THAT THIS PLACE IS TO MAKE MONEY AND THE USERS DON'T MATTER, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? NARUMI MISUHARA DOESN'T HAVE THE BACKBONE TO STAND UP TO THE COO AND TELL HIM THAT THE USERS MATTER EITHER, AND THAT'S THE TRUTH REVOLUTION GAIA IS TRYING TO MAKE A PEACEFUL DIFFERENCE AND IT ISN'T WORKING... NOTHING IS...

THIS SITE IS DYING AND GARY SCHOFIELD IS KILLING IT .... LOOK AT HIS LINKEDIN... HE DOESN'T STAY ANYWHERE FOR LONG- DO YOU SEE A CORRELATION NOW?

╔══════════════╗

And where does he have all the money to do that?

From our wallets... Our fault for encouraging it.

╚══════════════╝

Fashionable Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Places picture down and runs-

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME. cry
Edit: Wrong picture.... DAMN U GOOGLE XD

Lightbringer

GentIe AngeIic Artist
Takarashi

╔══════════════╗

Done deal.

╚══════════════╝

"If the higher ups cannot or are unwilling to do something."

Hallowed Lunatic

I think you missed the part where we already tried being polite and making petitions.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

StrawberryZ0mbie
Generalizations are honestly just so bad. 8(

First of all, you cannot prove that the CEO is the sole driving force behind these decisions. That's merely your assumption. Is he involved? Yeah. Is he the only person to blame? Highly unlikely. People are blaming Gaia as a corporate entity because, well, that is what it is. They are a collective unit and while there are individuals with differing opinions, from a professional level, each one of them represents the company as a whole and is obligated to uphold its decisions.

That's very right. The CEO is the "top of the ladder" and would have to approve all things, however there is no proof that anything is 100% his idea and his fault.

Since I feel like most people don't understand the structure of a business:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(basic example, may not reflect Gaia in particular)

We do not and probably will not ever know anything about the inner workings of the Gaia HQ offices. Even from experience I can tell you that all offices work differently and each one is a unique entity in regards to communication and interaction and, hell, even basic layout.

We shouldn't be making angry assumptions towards any person. We should be thoughtfully expressing our opinions.
Gaia is not going to change with a lynch-mob-esque mindset.

Spirit

16,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Takarashi
GentIe AngeIic Artist
Takarashi

╔══════════════╗

Done deal.

╚══════════════╝

"If the higher ups cannot or are unwilling to do something."

╔══════════════╗

Aye... I apologize. I'm just seeing red from the uproar.

//rubs temples

Please excuse me, friend.

╚══════════════╝

Spirit

16,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Vlll
I think you missed the part where we already tried being polite and making petitions.

╔══════════════╗

Aye, but then again, people give up so easily.

I have mine still going, and everyone can drop in and put an input... Hell, I had reached a few of the admins to talk to them in a polite tone.

There is tension. That's all I can say.

╚══════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out