Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Shoujo

Real Horrorshow Groodies
sojikai
Real Horrorshow Groodies
I agree with Dan, though I try to be less dogmatic about it. There are definitely good Christian bands out there, but far too many that I've heard place the message in front of the music. They seem to get by simply by virtue of being Christian, and quality songwriting and innovative compositions fall by the wayside.

Besides, good art shouldn't preach. Or at least we shouldn't be so aware of it.

It's called being trendy.
"Christian metal" is popular, so of course they're going try to be as blatantly Christian as possible to appeal to those people. For those bands, it's just a gimmick. It's no different from any other trendy gimmicky s**t. Of course there are going to be a bunch of shitty bands putting the message in front of the music, since the message is what is selling.

So then why are you defending them?

Seriously, your entire argument was just a logical reinforcement of my standpoint, Jakers. How could any of that be conceived as worthy or good, regardless of religious context?

Magical Shoujo

Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Why would I listen to the contemptible noise created only in service of a religion?

I have no respect for most christian musicians that choose to consciously make their music about their religion. Music is an expression of the self, and if all of yourself that you can give into your music is worship to a god or a belief system, your self is weak and undeserving of my attention.
i thought you liked BM

I'm afraid I'm not getting your gist. What are you trying to imply?

half of them make music consciously about their religion, which is against religion

... you realise that you now look like a complete idiot, right? Because the amount of sense that makes is the exact amount of ******** I give about...

Well s**t I cant find a specific thing that I give no ******** about, because I don't give a ******** about MOST things.

That ended well.

so talking about religion in their music is okay if it's anti-christian

i get it now

... seriously, what the ******** are you talking about? If you can have an entire argument in your own head, why bother including me? Go off in the corner you goddamn nutcase, we'll send someone over with a straight jacket for you later.

Shirtless Seeker

Ghosts Of Tanith
Here's backing up then: Consistantly, every thread I've ever seen you post, has been about genres I don't like, or bands from genres I do that are completely eclipsed by other bands.
The threads about bands and genres I found interesting, you never seemed to be in or you didn't care for.
This has led me to believe that you have bad taste in music, as no one in my opinion that puts the amount of time and care into researching musics to listen to and listening to as much as I do should consistently disagree with me as much as you do. Having variance in tastes is one thing, but just being essentially illiterate is another.

Also, true ad hominem attacks would be me calling you a f*****t, or saying that your music tastes make you a sub-human. I haven't said those yet, so let me change that: You take giant black cocks up your a** while you listen to the musical equivalent of fecal matter, and you don't deserve to live.

ABSOLUTES!
ABSOLUTES EVERYWHERE!

Absolutes are BULLSHIT.

You're saying that nothing I say(as in, anything that I ever say) holds any weight because I have shitty taste in music.
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Why would I listen to the contemptible noise created only in service of a religion?

I have no respect for most christian musicians that choose to consciously make their music about their religion. Music is an expression of the self, and if all of yourself that you can give into your music is worship to a god or a belief system, your self is weak and undeserving of my attention.
i thought you liked BM

half of them make music consciously about their religion, which is against religion

... you realise that you now look like a complete idiot, right? Because the amount of sense that makes is the exact amount of ******** I give about...

Well s**t I cant find a specific thing that I give no ******** about, because I don't give a ******** about MOST things.

That ended well.

i get it now
this is probably the dumbest thing you've said

sad

Magical Shoujo

sojikai
Ghosts Of Tanith
Here's backing up then: Consistantly, every thread I've ever seen you post, has been about genres I don't like, or bands from genres I do that are completely eclipsed by other bands.
The threads about bands and genres I found interesting, you never seemed to be in or you didn't care for.
This has led me to believe that you have bad taste in music, as no one in my opinion that puts the amount of time and care into researching musics to listen to and listening to as much as I do should consistently disagree with me as much as you do. Having variance in tastes is one thing, but just being essentially illiterate is another.

Also, true ad hominem attacks would be me calling you a f*****t, or saying that your music tastes make you a sub-human. I haven't said those yet, so let me change that: You take giant black cocks up your a** while you listen to the musical equivalent of fecal matter, and you don't deserve to live.

ABSOLUTES!
ABSOLUTES EVERYWHERE!

Absolutes are BULLSHIT.

You're saying that nothing I say(as in, anything that I ever say) holds any weight because I have shitty taste in music.
Oh wow, someone accurately interpreting what I'm trying to say! How refreshing!

Shirtless Seeker

Ghosts Of Tanith
Real Horrorshow Groodies
sojikai
Real Horrorshow Groodies
I agree with Dan, though I try to be less dogmatic about it. There are definitely good Christian bands out there, but far too many that I've heard place the message in front of the music. They seem to get by simply by virtue of being Christian, and quality songwriting and innovative compositions fall by the wayside.

"Christian metal" is popular, so of course they're going try to be as blatantly Christian as possible to appeal to those people. For those bands, it's just a gimmick. It's no different from any other trendy gimmicky s**t. Of course there are going to be a bunch of shitty bands putting the message in front of the music, since the message is what is selling.

Seriously, your entire argument was just a logical reinforcement of my standpoint, Jakers. How could any of that be conceived as worthy or good, regardless of religious context?

I'm not defending them.
Not at all.

I never said that all Christian bands are just being trendy sellouts.
Just that there are plenty of bands like that.
Andt those bands give the whole thing a bad reputation.
i hate it when a perfectly good idea gets a bum rap because stupid people use it wrong
sojikai
Ghosts Of Tanith
Real Horrorshow Groodies
sojikai
Real Horrorshow Groodies

I'm not defending them.
Not at all.

You're making an awfully big stink about semantics.

Conservative Conversationalist

tim is a portal
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith

That ended well.

i get it now

sad
how so? that's exactly what he was getting at
he said that ideologies of the music is enough to judge whether or not music is good or not and evidently doesn't disapprove of anti-christian ideologies
thusly: anti-christian is okay in music

Conservative Conversationalist

Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith

That ended well.

i get it now

... seriously, what the ******** are you talking about? If you can have an entire argument in your own head, why bother including me? Go off in the corner you goddamn nutcase, we'll send someone over with a straight jacket for you later.
2 lazy 2 type response 2 times
i'm just summing up your beliefs gathered from evidence of your posts
Sculptured
tim is a portal
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith

That ended well.

i get it now

sad
he said that ideologies of the music is enough to judge whether or not music is good or not and evidently doesn't disapprove of anti-christian ideologies
because you lack the proper knowledge of black metal and are making yourself look really stupid by continuing to have this stink all over you posts about how he is saying christianity in music is balls. why do you care so much? he's not being hypocritical.

your whole deal is that their ideology is the opposite of religion. the opposite of religion is a lack of religion. you then say that they sing about their religion. that is ******** retarded

Shirtless Seeker

Real Horrorshow Groodies
sojikai
Ghosts Of Tanith
Real Horrorshow Groodies
sojikai
Real Horrorshow Groodies

I'm not defending them.
Not at all.

You're making an awfully big stink about semantics.

Not all Christian music puts the message before the music.
'sall I'm saying.
i wanted to correct tim by saying that a more apt phrase would be 'the opposite of theism is atheism' but i'm not sure all religions are theistic.

Shirtless Seeker

tim is a portal
Sculptured
tim is a portal
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith

That ended well.

i get it now

sad
because you lack the proper knowledge of black metal and are making yourself look really stupid by continuing to have this stink all over you posts about how he is saying christianity in music is balls. why do you care so much? he's not being hypocritical.

your whole deal is that their ideology is the opposite of religion. the opposite of religion is a lack of religion. you then say that they sing about their religion. that is ******** retarded

Religion =/= Christianity
sojikai
tim is a portal
Sculptured
tim is a portal
Sculptured
Ghosts Of Tanith

That ended well.

i get it now

sad

Religion =/= Christianity
where did i say this

please quote exactly where i said this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out