Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

sojikai
eyeless haruspex
dear Christians: your god is evil.

“A Manichean might retort that this is the worst of all possible worlds, in which the good things that exist serve only to heighten the evils. The world, he might say, was created by a wicked demiurge [who] created some virtuous men, in order that they might be punished by the wicked; for the punishment of the virtuous is so great an evil that it makes the world worse than if no good men existed.”

"History of Western Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell (1946)

“A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: Tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god.”

-- Vexen Crabtree

if your god is omnipotent and benevolent, why would he create a world which requires suffering to operate?

I'm not a Christian, but I was raised as one.
The way I was taught was just the opposite of what you're saying: evil exists in order for good to be visible and appreciated. Without darkness, we take light for granted and fail to recognize it as the wonderful thing that it is. Death is a natural part of life and is inescapable, but suffering is not. One man's suffering is another's ecstacy. One who looks forward to joining God in heaven does not fear death, thus he does not suffer from the thought of it.

yeah, I've received that propaganda since birth, sadly.
not embracing death IS suffering...

the promise of heaven is another example of the evilness of the Christian god. Hey guys, I created this amazingly baller place up in the sky. I'll tell you about and maybe even show you heaven, tell you that you can get there through servitude. divine salvations are prominent in religion, but this one encourages man to embrace faith for selfish motives to reach a place void of immorality and greed. (inb4 Nirvana, which is a diff story that I don't know in detail)

one quick point: why would an omnipotent being allow his creation that he "loves" die of hunger when he apparently has the ability to make manna rain from the heavens? or design the creation with genetics that create diseases? if the Christian god isn't evil, he is at the very least a poor geneticist.

Fashionable Cat

eyeless haruspex
sojikai
eyeless haruspex
dear Christians: your god is evil.

“A Manichean might retort that this is the worst of all possible worlds, in which the good things that exist serve only to heighten the evils. The world, he might say, was created by a wicked demiurge [who] created some virtuous men, in order that they might be punished by the wicked; for the punishment of the virtuous is so great an evil that it makes the world worse than if no good men existed.”

"History of Western Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell (1946)

“A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: Tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god.”

-- Vexen Crabtree

if your god is omnipotent and benevolent, why would he create a world which requires suffering to operate?

I'm not a Christian, but I was raised as one.
The way I was taught was just the opposite of what you're saying: evil exists in order for good to be visible and appreciated. Without darkness, we take light for granted and fail to recognize it as the wonderful thing that it is. Death is a natural part of life and is inescapable, but suffering is not. One man's suffering is another's ecstacy. One who looks forward to joining God in heaven does not fear death, thus he does not suffer from the thought of it.

yeah, I've received that propaganda since birth, sadly.
not embracing death IS suffering...

the promise of heaven is another example of the evilness of the Christian god. Hey guys, I created this amazingly baller place up in the sky. I'll tell you about and maybe even show you heaven, tell you that you can get there through servitude. this is just another example of religion offering "divine salvation" and inviable immortality.

one quick point: why would an omnipotent being allow his creation that he "loves" die of hunger when he apparently has the ability to make manna rain from the heavens? or design the creation with genetics that create diseases? if the Christian god isn't evil, he is at the very least a poor geneticist.
he failed science sad

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Like a Banner
sage-the-wanderer
a lot of people doing something doesn't necessarily make them right

Doesn't make it wrong either. last time i checked time i checked we all have free will to do what we want. Just because you do not agree with it does not mean that they have to stop doing it. I don't remember anyone making you king of the galaxy.

Zealot

I'm offering this thread as a sacrifice to Zyuzumeaux.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I assure you, you will all die...
so, what God promises life after death?
you can all argue about it but, what would be the best, to believe that after we die ( which is inevitable, there's no science that could cure it ) we would continue our lives in eternity or to believe that there's nothing more, live life at our ways and still, die ?
I believe in the unknown.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Real Horrorshow Groodies

what meaning are you giving yourself in this life to be prepared for the "unknown"?

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Real Horrorshow Groodies

You believe in the unknown.

The date when I'll finally get laid is unknown.

Therefore, you believe that I'll get laid. At least someone does.
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies

what meaning are you giving yourself in this life to be prepared for the "unknown"?

I'm not preparing for anything. I just accept the fact that I cannot understand how the universe operates, whether or not there is a higher power, and how that higher power operates. Both religion and atheism are somewhat arrogant in their convictions.
Zelkiiro
Real Horrorshow Groodies

You believe in the unknown.

The date when I'll finally get laid is unknown.

Therefore, you believe that I'll get laid. At least someone does.

I'm here for support.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Real Horrorshow Groodies
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies

I'm not preparing for anything. I just accept the fact that I cannot understand how the universe operates, whether or not there is a higher power, and how that higher power operates. Both religion and atheism are somewhat arrogant in their convictions.

you are trying to analyze something that humans can't explain, that's why there must be a God

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies

you are trying to analyze something that humans can't explain, that's why there must be a God

Wait a minute...

User Image
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies

I believe God is the explanation, so in that sense, I suppose I believe in God. Honestly, I'm not opposed to organized religion, I just don't subscribe to it. Although some more dogmatic believers might claim that I oppose religion by not subscribing to it.

Wheezing Businesswoman

Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies
Teocadista
Real Horrorshow Groodies

Fashionable Cat

sage-the-wanderer
Like a Banner
sage-the-wanderer
a lot of people doing something doesn't necessarily make them right

Doesn't make it wrong either. last time i checked time i checked we all have free will to do what we want. Just because you do not agree with it does not mean that they have to stop doing it. I don't remember anyone making you king of the galaxy.
i don't remember making anything other than a neutral statement. what are you trying to argue?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff