Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

dear Christians: your god is evil.

“A Manichean might retort that this is the worst of all possible worlds, in which the good things that exist serve only to heighten the evils. The world, he might say, was created by a wicked demiurge [who] created some virtuous men, in order that they might be punished by the wicked; for the punishment of the virtuous is so great an evil that it makes the world worse than if no good men existed.”

"History of Western Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell (1946)

“A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: Tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god.”

-- Vexen Crabtree

if your god is omnipotent and benevolent, why would he create a world which requires suffering to operate?

Hygienic Humorist

Just to point out, Lawful Good =/= Lawful Nice.
eyeless haruspex
if your god is omnipotent and benevolent, why would he create a world which requires suffering to operate?

it's not his fault it's like that. we're the ones who ******** up.

Fashionable Cat

cam i don't think you understand

in order to survive, organisms require either the consumption of other organisms or parts of them for sustinence. this results in the death or partial destruction of the organism which is consumed.

i think you'll find this is not unique to humans.

Rich Capitalist

Like a Banner

in order to survive, organisms require either the consumption of other organisms or parts of them for sustinence. this results in the death or partial destruction of the organism which is consumed.

not to mention the whole sacrificing animals to god bit. weirdos
Like a Banner

you're right. i didn't understand. big surprise, right?

i'll just bow out now and let the smart people talk.

Tipsy Smoker

Like a Banner

^ this

Shirtless Seeker

eyeless haruspex
dear Christians: your god is evil.

“A Manichean might retort that this is the worst of all possible worlds, in which the good things that exist serve only to heighten the evils. The world, he might say, was created by a wicked demiurge [who] created some virtuous men, in order that they might be punished by the wicked; for the punishment of the virtuous is so great an evil that it makes the world worse than if no good men existed.”

"History of Western Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell (1946)

“A god could not have created a more vicious cycle if it tried: Tying the very existence of life with the necessary killing of other life is the work of an evil genius, not of an all-powerful and all-loving god.”

-- Vexen Crabtree

I'm not a Christian, but I was raised as one.
The way I was taught was just the opposite of what you're saying: evil exists in order for good to be visible and appreciated. Without darkness, we take light for granted and fail to recognize it as the wonderful thing that it is. Death is a natural part of life and is inescapable, but suffering is not. One man's suffering is another's ecstacy. One who looks forward to joining God in heaven does not fear death, thus he does not suffer from the thought of it.

Fashionable Cat

sojikai
One man's suffering is another's ecstacy.
so many things wrong with this sentence

hell, with the entire post

Shirtless Seeker

Like a Banner
sojikai
One man's suffering is another's ecstacy.
so many things wrong with this sentence

hell, with the entire post

Just tellin' what I was told.
Though that line didn't come out how I intended...

Versatile Explorer

I can get into many reasons as to why God isn't good but I won't.

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Ghosts Of Tanith
Why would I listen to the contemptible noise created only in service of a religion?

I have no respect for most christian musicians that choose to consciously make their music about their religion. Music is an expression of the self, and if all of yourself that you can give into your music is worship to a god or a belief system, your self is weak and undeserving of my attention.

Sorry to burst your bubble sweetie but a lot of music is based on religion. And not just christian either. For instance Celtic music is based of nordic and celtic religion. Need i go on?
The Wholly Of Nothingness
Well, wouldn't you think that concepts like good and bad don't really apply to a god?

Lovecraft seems to think so.

Wheezing Businesswoman

Some Nights
The Wholly Of Nothingness
Well, wouldn't you think that concepts like good and bad don't really apply to a god?

Lovecraft seems to think so.

I would just think that overall that the way a god reasons and thinks would be incomprehensible to any being/entity but itself.

I mean, if there is a god and if he did create the universe you would think that he has more s**t going on in his mind(?) than our meager little human minds.

So good and evil might not even come into play.

Fashionable Cat

sage-the-wanderer
a lot of people doing something doesn't necessarily make them right

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out