Total Votes:[ 116 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Satisfied Gorilla - x's Partner In Crime

Shadowy Explorer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Marathon 300
I have finished watching the first 12 episodes of Free and I have watched 24 episodes of Attack on Titan.

I reeally like both of them but they are both kind of overated. But i like them both so yee
User ImageUser ImageI enjoyed Free! and Shingeki no Kyojin.

Also, I always thought it was funny when people complain about the "fandom" and "fangirling". If fans ruin an anime for you instead of the content itself, that's really petty.

Star

I personally think they're both seriously overrated.

I don't hate the two anime, but they're just overly overrated.

Shingeki no Kyojin. Where shall I start? The artwork isn't the best but the animation is actually quite good. This is an alright anime. But there was this whole arc about moving a rock. A friggin' rock. I can't really judge the characters yet as I haven't watched the last episode (yet to be aired)

Free. I don't think I can really judge this anime yet as I've only watched three episodes of it like, a couple of months ago. I can't remember the exact date but I remember I first watched it when Free was first airing. I dropped it because I found it somewhat boring. The art is okay, it does have a modern style though. That animation isn't bad either.

I don't understand why people like watching Shingeki No Kyojin. Because killing giants is cool? The characters are cool? Because it's mainstream and people just like following the trend? I have no idea.

At least I understand why people like watching Free. *coughshirtlessguyswanderingaroundaswimmingpoolcough*

Toothsome Dragon

I've finished both of series first seasons. It's really hard to compare since I like them for different things. It's somewhat similar to asking which of those do I prefer: colour blue or rock music.

One of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club's charms is its mainstream...ness. It's so gay and over-rated that it's actually really funny. Besides it did well with your generic anime boys: the cool and quiet, the shota, the caring senpai, the smart one and the jerk, who is actually good (tsundere?). Fanservice scenes make me laugh everytime. Overall it's really good comedy if you watch it with friends or something, besides, animation is really good.

I just got into Shingeki no Kyojin recently because the internet is full of it. =w= What can I say, it's one of the best mainstream action anime and it's pretty high in my list. I like the pacing but sometimes it doesn't really make sense
(like the first Recon corps mission outside which was actually a plan to catch female titan, which was never introduced before (I thought they're going to the basement, dammit))
I don't know, maybe I should rewatch it later (sometimes I doze off during long dialogues). I like that it's not as predictable as most of other fantasy action anime. But I guess I agree that it's concentrated rather on plot than the characters.

I look at parodies, pictures and watch "crack" videos of both Free! and SnK on youtube almost everyday . Still funny. All in all, both are really good in their own way in order to make funny videos.

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
I watched both and loved them both. SnK was serious and bloody, so Free was a nice balance of something more lighthearted to keep my brain intact. i have to admit watching these made my summer a lot fuller, so I'm extremely sad that they're over. I'm just hoping I'll actually find something I like to keep me through this season, though none of them sound too interesting right now.
Though I love both, I do think that both series are slightly overrated due to the hype generated by the fans, but should it really bother anyone that much? When you look at it both series are fairly simple: Free is a fanservice anime for girls about five teenagers who have a passion for swimming and shows the conflicts and choices to be made about it. Shingeki no Kyojin is about a civilization that lives in fear of the Titans and the choices the military needs to make to defend against them. Enjoy it for what it is: the fanbases and fangirls are just things every fandom is bound to have. If they bother you that much, well, that's slightly unreasonable.
In short: I loved both, and they both have their flaws, but I love them regardless.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I enjoy both, though SnK is the superior one. Free is very lighthearted, but with the underlying message of friendship and good sportsmanship. Shingeki no Kyojin literally pulls at your heartstrings and leaves you in suspense every episode. Another thing about SnK that is rare with popular anime - there's no fan service. The females actually look realistic for once XD Both appeal to their fanbases, so they're both good to me. smile

Man-Hungry Otaku

xoAniLuv
I enjoy both, though SnK is the superior one. Free is very lighthearted, but with the underlying message of friendship and good sportsmanship. Shingeki no Kyojin literally pulls at your heartstrings and leaves you in suspense every episode. Another thing about SnK that is rare with popular anime - there's no fan service. The females actually look realistic for once XD Both appeal to their fanbases, so they're both good to me. smile

I agree with you 90%

SNK, i feel like they can't pull too much on your heart strings because there's not a lot of character development. Without character connection (at least to me) I can't really weep over their death because they haven;t connected to me. Hell even Free! had more character development.

But I 100% with the females. There's not much fan service (besides seeing their sweet asses in those white jeans) but it's not meant to be fan service. The females are all portioned correctly, not over exaggerated, and I find that refreshing.

Anxious Smoker

They are both amazing and I am sad because they ended. emotion_8c

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
iThetis
xoAniLuv

I agree with you 90%

SNK, i feel like they can't pull too much on your heart strings because there's not a lot of character development. Without character connection (at least to me) I can't really weep over their death because they haven;t connected to me. Hell even Free! had more character development.

But I 100% with the females. There's not much fan service (besides seeing their sweet asses in those white jeans) but it's not meant to be fan service. The females are all portioned correctly, not over exaggerated, and I find that refreshing.

I see what you mean. What really pulls at me is that I place myself and my loved ones in these situations since some of the characters are like them, and that's what gets me. XD Free really does have more character development, it seems smile And I know, right? It is a relief.

Profitable Prophet

These two shows were my summer obsessions. Except I cried when Free! ended.
i'm a sucker for slice of life, so free! was what i've always wanted.
snk isn't really up my alley at all.
free! was my summer anime~

binkyfish's Husband

Anxious Kitten

14,600 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Free! is pretty lighthearted and fun to watch, I enjoyed the 12 episodes.
SNK I personally prefer the manga to the anime but I am enjoying both.
But I do agree that they both have been overhyped 3nodding

Questionable Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
Haven't checked out SnK yet.. haven't had the time.

I absolutely loved Free! and not because of shipping; Its not really my thing. I enjoyed the fanservice not gonna lie, but I thought the story was a cute sort of cliche. eek For what it was it was done well and a fanservice aimed at girls is woot razz
That has to be the worst comparison I've ever seen. First of all, they are different genres. It's like asking if you like chocolate or cheese better. You can't, because one is sweet and the other is salty. You can only compare sweet with sweet and salty with salty.

Man-Hungry Otaku

im gomen
That has to be the worst comparison I've ever seen. First of all, they are different genres. It's like asking if you like chocolate or cheese better. You can't, because one is sweet and the other is salty. You can only compare sweet with sweet and salty with salty.

I wasn't asking "which is better" I'm asking for the opinions of others on what they thought of the shows. There's a difference there that i think you overlooked.

and you can compare and contract them if one really wants to, and some have already done so by others who have posted in this thread. So no, it's not a "you can't situation" because some people have done it.

The thread was just asking what you thought of the show separately.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff