Total Votes:[ 32 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

And I am done. Once the things in the MP settle I will disappear. ^^

Dapper Elocutionist

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Timid 100
Imagination Unleashed
This being said what is to say that when spells are stopped there is no 'residue' force, such as when a knight had fire negating armor and is hit with a fireball which contains alot of physical momentum and force? Why can't he 'fall back' or stumble?

For the simple reason that fire, itself, is an illusion.

Flame as we see it is simply light given off by burning gas, and the distortion of such light due to superheated air that is moving in waves.

As such, a fireball does not have mass, simply heat. Any force that is put into it (other than perhaps telekinetic, in the event of a magical fireball) would be directly due to mass. As a magical fireball does not have a fuel source, such as would hucking a burning log at someone, there is no real mass to draw from other than perhaps gasses. Gasses do not have much mass. However, in the event of an explosion people can be thrown back and things can go kablooie? Why? Because extremely rapid expandiature of superheated gasses creates a shockwave of 'hard air', to use a loose term, which delivers a fast, and hard 'blow' of force. Like a wave breaking on the shore.

However, in the event of a fireball, traveling through the air at constant size rather than rapidly expanding, it is more or less a ball of superheated air... at which, the victim would experience, at most, a strong wind.

TANKUU-COMEAGIN.
themightyjello
Imagination Unleashed
This being said what is to say that when spells are stopped there is no 'residue' force, such as when a knight had fire negating armor and is hit with a fireball which contains alot of physical momentum and force? Why can't he 'fall back' or stumble?

For the simple reason that fire, itself, is an illusion.

Flame as we see it is simply light given off by burning gas, and the distortion of such light due to superheated air that is moving in waves.

As such, a fireball does not have mass, simply heat. Any force that is put into it
(other than perhaps telekinetic, in the event of a magical fireball) would be directly due to mass. As a magical fireball does not have a fuel source, such as would hucking a burning log at someone, there is no real mass to draw from other than perhaps gasses. Gasses do not have much mass. However, in the event of an explosion people can be thrown back and things can go kablooie? Why? Because extremely rapid expandiature of superheated gasses creates a shockwave of 'hard air', to use a loose term, which delivers a fast, and hard 'blow' of force. Like a wave breaking on the shore.

However, in the event of a fireball, traveling through the air at constant size rather than rapidly expanding, it is more or less a ball of superheated air... at which, the victim would experience, at most, a strong wind.

TANKUU-COMEAGIN.

Magic is telekinesis, for it is the mental projection of something into something, the metaphysical and planar control of atoms causing the heat capacity of a given area to be exceeded, thus "fire" is not an element, heat is, but due to the fact that 90% of Gaia can't comprehend that s**t they say "fire" is an element which would make it a force of nature. At any rate, obviously to move a fireball without touching it there is telekinetic force, and thus, you are self defeating.

... rolleyes I'll keep what I think to myself.
DRAKE IS RIGHT FOR HE IS GOD AND GOD IS RIGHT FOR GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT

-A follower of the Drake Religion-
Magic is not telekineses, it is psionics on the lowest ignorant level it can be at. Magic is what we call things that we cannot explain, tricks and illusions that OBVIOUSLY have physical explanations, and thus when someone in the real world does something through 'magic' they cause an 'dent in the natural order making something unnatural happen...

K. So, what is magic really? Magic is born from the parent of psionics, willpower; both of which are exactly the same only magic easier to understand for the horribly retarded masses which cover the earth. There is no magic. So what do spells do when the actual process is that of willpower? Its like a placebo, tell someone they will get better from taking a sugar pill and they might just do it; same with magic and the little spells; tell them that they can make water from nothing with this 'spell' and tons of concentration. Note: concentration. Hey? Wait? Don't psionists need to concentrate mildly to make what they wish happen? Yes. Now, the spell has two effects; 1. Allow for the belief in the ideal and 2. Make one focused. Note that over time magic is cast, which means as the person becomes more into the idea, and more into the 'spell' focusing it comes to pass.

Hm. Would that explain why those adept at certain types of magic would be able to cast it faster? Yep. A trained mind and those words which are but illusions; note that when a fire master wills fire to be in his presence it is, how? Psionics.

So is you ******** magic real?

NO.

Ever?

NO.

Please?

NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Idjits. I swear all the people against psionics that are pro magic are ******** retarded since they are of the same parent! They are essentially the SAME ******** THING - SHAPING THE WORLD TO YOUR WILL -

So then why do magic users not get harmed like psionic users? Note the time difference, psionics is immediate which would mean that there would be a sudden exertion, while 'magic spells' take longer or allow you to ease into the position over time making it easier upon the body for the psionic strain to effect, however BOTH are mentally draining.

- cockslaps you imbeciles -

Magics not real, and you all practice planar psionics, and you are all simple. Stupid bitches.

Example: I teleport?

What? Changing spatial coordinates? Whats that? PLANAR? Oh, sorry, no its just magic, no, better yet its simplistic for trash who refuse to be able to explain what they do.

"I leave reality and come back and I don't know how I did it but I did!?"

This is one of my final rants. ^^
Orannis The Destroyer

Pshaw, no. talk2hand
Imagination Unleashed
Orannis The Destroyer

Pshaw, no. talk2hand

-Puts him to sleep with a tranq- Shh God.
Summons: They are illusions, stories and other useless things; note that when a summon rampages the effects of the rampage are apparently taken out on the summoner; normally they lose strength... Which could actually account for them willing the being to live, or using planar physics and then mental intrusion to tell the being what to attack after moving them to the place which you wish for them to be. If the creature is real, it is probably overcomable, and thus can be moved with alot of focus, thus summon spells take longer. Which would mean that psionics and planar manuvuers are common in everyday life.

"Summoning" anything, such as a sword, is simply moving its spactial coordinates and fixing them from one place to another within reality.
Orannis The Destroyer
Imagination Unleashed
Orannis The Destroyer

Pshaw, no. talk2hand

-Puts him to sleep with a tranq- Shh God.
=/ But I want to talk about their fallacies and retardation more!
-Takes out the tranq then?- ninja
THank you.

Anywho, how do we define 'magical properties' since they obviously do not follow physical ones? What makes the energies 'stronger/weaker' and what not? It seems that psionists do not cast spells, and spellcasters are not psionic, however both are using the same thing. So then what DOES define magical force, and to what magnitude it is considered 'magical'? What is the scale and measurement of that which is magical in comparison to other spells and people; for the magic depends on the caster and a miriad of other things which no one ever takes into account.

No one takes much into account at all; scientology and magix mix in RP, well actually; knowing what you are actually doing so that you can explain, or attempt to, to others who were not understanding what you did. For instance, as Josh so graciously pointed out, fire in the physical world does not and should not effect fire in the magical world.

Ok, so we've to a crossroads, what is what? What is the source of magic, what do we do with it, and IF it holds its own properties how do we measure them? For instance, Josh, God bless his heart, did not state the actual "magical" properties, such as what sparks and feed magic fire? Well, it can't be air, or oxygen, or anything of that sort, since magic cannot hold physical properties. If it does, then its not magic, its psionics.

But that would cause a massive change in the way things are done.

Somethings don't want to change; melee is what we need since magic is outdated and dead.
Magic is metaphysical, and thus, it is unexplainable by regular physics. What is to say that magic fire isn't cold? Has no heat? It does consist of atoms... So then why the heat?

Newbie Noob

((you're looking at everything in most basic terms. Yes, magic and psionics both draw from the basic of 'willpower'. Magic does take the long and easy way by drawing energy, and then using it. And yes, psionics are instant, but they must draw their source of power directly from themselves(mind), to enact instant will usage. However, to say that psionics is any more explainable than magic is BS. If it isn't real, it's fantasy. I encountered this flaw in Ertai's logic after I last argued with him, and later some of his followers. He was trying to attack others' logic, based on his own. That's like saying, "I'm right, and you're wrong, because I've been thinking about this a little longer", which is wrong. Let's seperate the real, from the unreal:
Real:
- people can wield weapons
- jumping
- running
- living
- responding to an attack, and only countering if there was ample time to examine, react, and execute.

Unreal:
- magic of ANY kind
- instant countering
- 3rd person awareness
- unwieldly weapons (great swords, sickles, acupuncture needles, etc.)
- complex strategies that you'd only see in movies (they require days of choreography to pull off, and only after several practices, even with trained professionals)
- immortality, or extremely prolonged life
- any race aside from basic human and known animals(demons, angels, psions, vampires, werewolves, elves, hybrids, etc.)
- tech without evidence of completion in the near future
- any person from an era outside of current
- mastery at a young age
- guild creation

.... the list can go on and on and on...))
(Heavy weapons can actually be used very easily, it only takes strength, zweinhanders were used in real life, and so were battle axes. It depends. Many people do misuse them, a common example is people swinging them like crazy when in real life when you swing a weapon of that size you tire as fast as a pig humping monkey.)
Oblivionic
((you're looking at everything in most basic terms. Yes, magic and psionics both draw from the basic of 'willpower'. Magic does take the long and easy way by drawing energy, and then using it. And yes, psionics are instant, but they must draw their source of power directly from themselves(mind), to enact instant will usage. However, to say that psionics is any more explainable than magic is BS. If it isn't real, it's fantasy. I encountered this flaw in Ertai's logic after I last argued with him, and later some of his followers. He was trying to attack others' logic, based on his own. That's like saying, "I'm right, and you're wrong, because I've been thinking about this a little longer", which is wrong. Let's seperate the real, from the unreal:
Real:
- people can wield weapons
- jumping
- running
- living
- responding to an attack, and only countering if there was ample time to examine, react, and execute.

Unreal:
- magic of ANY kind

- instant countering
What if the person was prepared for the action?

- 3rd person awareness

- unwieldly weapons (great swords, sickles, acupuncture needles, etc.)
All of the above weapons in your examples HAVE been used in the past, and I used sickles at one time. A real unwieldy weapon is... the elements?

- complex strategies that you'd only see in movies (they require days of choreography to pull off, and only after several practices, even with trained professionals)
My question here is how 'complex' are we talking and in what way? Visually complex is simple, but complex physically can be visually unsatisfying.

- immortality, or extremely prolonged life
You forgot 'the invulnerability of the dead'...

- any race aside from basic human and known animals(demons, angels, psions, vampires, werewolves, elves, hybrids, etc.)
Genetic testing ( which is illegal mind you... not that you can do it ) and cross breeding humans with other animals or giving exchanged genes might prove differently. That is if it is possible; I wouldn't really know. Probably not.

- tech without evidence of completion in the near future
The computer you are on was not as unreal as you think it was; the microwave, along with a miriad of other inventions, was discovered by mistake. So... this doesn't apply if it adheres to 'modern day physics'... But no, no one should be pulling out Vegnagun ( besides me )

- any person from an era outside of current
In real life we do 'cosplay' and pretend to be others from other times. So, such as with the Omish, this is possible.-

mastery at a young age
Depends on what you are mastering; language and math came easily to me. I'd consider myself young and able...

- guild creation <- K, well, chya.

.... the list can go on and on and on...))

| Free time is a dangerous thing... |

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces