Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39 > >>

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Introduction gaia_angelright

Let's keep the introduction brief. I want to make a fantasy-school-sim game, except I don't have the skills to do it alone (I'm no Pacthesis). So, I've decided to start a team project to make the game together! In this team project we will all work together to make a flash game- and hopefully have a laugh while doing it. Interested? Read on!

IMPORTANT: In the thread so far, I have referred to the game as a flash game. Somebody has since told me flash is generally hated by programmers. Ergo, it can now be made in whatever the programmers want. If you're applying as a programmer, please state what you can program with, since the programming used is currently under debate. (I say debate, but nobody's actually debating this with me).

After a certain comment, I just want to make a point before you read any further: No money will be involved in this project. It will be made and played for free. It's a team project for fun, not profit. If you need convincing to signup, I might tip you with some Gaia Gold- but nothing else. If you want to gain more than friends and pleasure from this flash game project, then leave now.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft About the game gaia_angelright

Before you think about getting involved with this project, you probably want to know what kind of game it is. I've made a list of some of the basic game facts- the rest will be decided later on, when we have our team!

gaia_diamond The literary genres are fantasy, drama, and school-life. And probably some romance and comedy thrown in for good measure.

gaia_diamond The game genre is going to be life-simulation. There will be stats to build, choices to make, and quests to complete- the programmers can change this a bit though, depending on their skills. Think of games like the choice-of series (they are way too addicting) with the freedom of a Pacthesis sim date (don't be scared, this one's mainly adventure)

gaia_diamond It will be a flash game, uploaded to New-Grounds (the best online gaming site ever). If you know of any other sites where we can add the finished game for free, please tell me!

gaia_diamond I'm hoping this project won't take longer than 6 months. But at this stage, I honestly can't predict how long it will be. That's why I'm going to ask how dedicated you will be to the project in the application, so I know not to give main jobs to people who want to help, but can't entirely dedicate.

gaia_diamond Finally, the actual game idea. It starts with you waking up in a room you've never seen before. It turns out your at a boarding school on an island, alongside many other students your age, who are equally as confused as you are. A mysterious voice can then be heard throughout the school, explaining you have dormant powers (aka. MAGICAL POWARS!), and have been selected to attend a special school, where these powers can be trained. Over the course of the year (or term- which ever is more convenient) you complete quests, which develop character relationships and give you clues about the school/voice/powers (and gives you a chance to play with your super-cool-magic-powers). At the end of the year/term you earn one of several endings, half of which reveal the secret of the school (want to know the secret? SIGN UP!). That's all I can tell you about the game so far, since everything else is going to be discussed with the team before being decided.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Who should sign up gaia_angelright

Still want to help out with the game? If so, great! Time to decide how you can help. Below is a list of the types of people needed on the team, and the skills they need. Unless you have lots of time to spare, or are incredible at your job, I'd only chose one role (the exception being the 'Other' job). All jobs are equal- nobody is in charge, you all have to work together (I know your teachers lectured you on team work at school!).

Writer
gaia_diamond Writers are the people who create the story, and decide what happens in the game.
gaia_diamond They write the game dialogues, devise the plot, and make up the quests.
gaia_diamond Writers must be able to describe scenes clearly to the other members of the team, so others can create the scenes with ease.
gaia_diamond I'm only looking for one dedicated writer, other than myself. I don't mind having a few temporary/extra writers though, only to help with small quests and scenes.

Programmer
gaia_diamond Programmers are the people who actually make the game work.
gaia_diamond They make buttons click-able, circumstances change, and put everyone else's work together.
gaia_diamond Programmers should have some experience in using flash. If you have samples of previous flash work, it would be appreciated.
gaia_diamond The amount of programmers needed depends on how much work each of them can/will do. But I'm guessing 1-3 dedicated programmers, and a few extra/temporary programmers.

Artist
gaia_diamond Artists draw the various features of the game.
gaia_diamond They create characters, draw backgrounds, and make everything pretty.
gaia_diamond Artists are probably going to have to work closely with the programmers, since the programmers are the ones who put the artist's images together and make them work.
gaia_diamond If you can create animations, it would be super appreciated. But it's definitely not a requirement.
gaia_diamond The team will most likely need at least 3 dedicated artists, more or less depending on how fast they can create images. To keep consistency, each artist will only be doing one type of image (eg. Characters, Backgrounds, Buttons, etc.), so it'd be worth saying what kind of art you specialize in when you sign up.

Musicians and Voice Actors
gaia_diamond Musicians and voice actors make the sounds heard in the game.
gaia_diamond Musician compose background music, create special effects, and construct the button-clicking noises (what a technical term). Voice actors make the characters speech, by recording and editing their voice.
gaia_diamond You don't have to be able to do both- if you're just a musician or voice actor, that's fine.
gaia_diamond Musicians and voice actors need to be able to generate sounds suitable to the genre. You might be Mozart, but classical symphonies aren't really suitable for the game.
gaia_diamond While they greatly improve the game's quality, we don't actually need any musicians or voice actors for the game. This means I don't really mind how many we have. Still, I think a maximum of 10, dedicated and temporary/extra, will do.

Other/Miscellaneous
gaia_diamond Do you want to help out, but don't think you can do any of the above? Then apply for this job!
gaia_diamond This can also be a secondary job, for people who want to be even more involved in the project.
gaia_diamond People who want to do this can help design the interface or characters, beta test the game, organize online meetings, and just give moral support.
gaia_diamond There is no limit on how many people can do this job! That said, only a few of you can help with the designing- there isn't an endless amount of things to be designed!

If you were wondering, my job is writing for and organizing the project.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Sign-ups gaia_angelright

Once you've chosen your role you can sign up. Just post the sign-up sheet below (filled in, smart-arse!) in this forum. Please be sensible with your answers- for example, if your job is 'other' then you don't need to give a sample of your work. Also, I may reject your application if I feel it's necessary- but I'll tell you why, and you can apply again later. But it's highly unlikely I'll reject anybody. When I have accepted your signup, please join this guild.

Username:
Nickname:
Job/Role In The Team:
Sample Of Work:
How Dedicated You Can Be:
Other Important Notes:

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft The Team gaia_angelright

This is an on-going list of who is in the team. Here I'll list people's usernames, nicknames, dedication and jobs. The purpose of this page is so you know who you're working with, and so I can keep track of you all.

Writers:
gaia_diamond Shadow-E-Claire, aka. E-Claire. Fully dedicated.
gaia_diamond Snowblazer, aka. Snow. Fully dedicated. Is female. Considering voice acting.

Programmers(need more):
gaia_diamond Shadow-E-Claire, aka. E-Claire. Fully dedicated, but no previous experience.

Artists(prefer more):
gaia_diamond HollyCloak, aka. Twigg. Comes from Newgrounds (http://hollycloak.newgrounds.com/)
gaia_diamond Bassomen. Comes from Newgrounds. (http://bassomen.newgrounds.com/)
gaia_diamond CosmicGlitch, aka. Colby. Traditional art. No characters.
gaia_diamond SnowBlazer, aka. Snow. Edity.

Musicians/Voice Actors:
gaia_diamond CosmicGlitch, aka. Colby. Fully dedicated. Considering voice acting.
gaia_diamond MK300. Samples here.
gaia_diamond Zant532, aka. Troy Anthony. Fully dedicated. Samples here.
gaia_diamond Nova Pierrot, aka. Nova. Voice. Dedicated.

Other:
gaia_diamond Shadow-E-Claire, aka. E-Claire. Fully dedicated.
gaia_diamond Profexia, aka. Pro/Ali. Pretty dedicated. Beta-testing mainly.
gaia_diamond Vampiroz. Beta-test only.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Notes gaia_angelright

gaia_diamond This thread is for signups, introductions, and questions only. I've made a separate guild for all other discussion. You can find it here.

gaia_diamond If only a few people signup, the project will not be abandoned! I'll go look for some people on New-grounds to help out as well.

gaia_diamond Please, if you like the project, invite your friends to help out too! You'll have extra fun with them here, plus we'll be able to start sooner.

gaia_diamond I accept signups at ANY time. Don't be scared to signup half way through the project- your help will still be appreciated! You might have to quote me to get my attention, though.

gaia_diamond I can also kick anybody off the team at any time. I'll do this if you're being rude, offensive, unhelpful, dominating, or something equally negative for the team. First you'll get a warning. Next you'll be given 'a forced break' (aka. temporary exclusion). If you continue behaving badly, you'll be kicked off the team. In extreme cases, I'll just kick you off straight away. So please behave! emotion_kirakira

gaia_diamond There is no money in this project. It will be made for free, and played for free. I might bribe a few people to join the team with some Gaia Gold, but nobody will actually get paid for this project. It's being made entirely for fun.

gaia_diamond Have any questions about his game/project? Ask them below!

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Updates gaia_angelright

gaia_diamond With this being in the ever-flowing chatterbox, I hired a bumper. Please don't mind her, she's just here too keep the thread alive!

gaia_diamond A guild has been made for the project! It's not much at the moment, but I'm working on it. You can find it here.

gaia_diamond The game type is now up for debate! It was originally going to be a flash game, but the programmers can now decide what programming they want to use.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
gaia_angelleft Reserved gaia_angelright

You may as well use this for quoting me for attention.

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hey guys, glad I'm done with all of that. I'm Shadow-E-Claire, but just call me E-Claire, or even Claire- but please not just E! I'm looking forward to doing this project with you guys (I don't even know who you are yet XD). Well, I hope your ready to embrace THE LOVE project!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Username: Snowblazer
Nickname: Snow
Job/Role In The Team: Writer (kinda interested in voice acting but I've never done anything like it before...unless being in a play counts...)
Sample Of Work:
Sandy, his housekeeper, busied herself in front of the stove. Bacon piled high on a plate caused his stomach to growl again. Osiris walked in just as Sandy turned with a plate full of scrambled eggs.

She let out a high screech, “Dear Lord! Don’t sneak up on an old woman like that Osiris! You’re bound to cause a heart attack!”

“Old? You just turned forty-eight.”

“Forty-eight is old enough young man,” she shoved him into a chair, “Now eat up! A growing boy needs his sustenance.”

“Yes Ma’am.” All kinds of breakfast food sat within reach. It reminded him of the old days of eating with his family. He picked a few slices of bacon, a spoonful of eggs and two waffles. Sandy sniffed. “If I eat anymore I’ll get fat.” He laughed.

“A growing boy needs to eat a healthy diet.”

“I have grown enough Sandy. Besides,” grease dripped from the bacon he held between his finger and thumb, “This isn’t exactly healthy.”
“A storm is brewing.”

Looking up as well I saw the dark clouds sneaking in. I nodded and set off for the hollow tree.

Our tree still stood tall and proud, nothing had changed in the years of their absence. I placed my hand on the rough bark and closed my eyes. I could almost hear the laughter of our childhood. She was five and I was six when we first met out in the park. We had both climbed the same tree; I fell out and ended up in the hospital. Alyssa’s bright green eyes stared at him when I awoke; they were full of concern and fear. We had just met and we had an instant connection. Every since that day we were inseparable. One of the nights I was over, we snuck out and found this tree. We vowed to keep the spot a secret and to never forget it existed. That night, I made a silent vow to always protect Alyssa.

“What are you doing?” her voice broke the connection.

“Remembering.”

“What exactly are you remembering?”

I took my hand away and climbed into the tree, I held out my hand for Alyssa, “Come on.”

“You did not answer my question.”

A smile spread across my lips, “You didn’t answer mine either.”

She crossed her arms and shifted her balance. “It is a simple question.”

“So was mine.” Her expression didn’t change, “You’re not the only one who is stubborn Alyssa. You can either climb in here,” I looked at the dark clouds over the tree, “Or you can stay out there and get drenched. Your choice.”

She weighed her options. Knowing I was just as stubborn, if not a little more
vengeful, than her. Giving up she rolled her eyes and took my hand then stepped into the tree. Bark collapsed under her weight throwing her off balance. I fell backwards under her sudden movement. Blush spread across my cheeks as I held her.

“You can let go of me any time now.”

I mumbled an apology and released my hands around her back. She pushed herself up, look around the small room. I pulled myself into a carved out bench then patted the space next to him. Alyssa joined him with a smile, “It has been awhile, has it not?”
I ask you to look deep into your hearts. Do not use your mind, for it will lead you astray. Our hearts are the focus of our power. Not the strength of our muscles nor the wit of our minds. Our hearts alone govern our power. It cannot move a mountain. It cannot speak our way out of trouble. Yet, it is with our hearts that our true desires, our true motives shine through. It is with our hearts we are able to choose our fate. To know the truth even when we blindly turn away. It is with your hearts I ask to answer this question. Will you follow me where ever I go? Even into deaths lair?” the crowd cheered.

“If you cannot lay down your life for your Kingdom, your friends and family, if you cannot lay down your life for me. Then lay down your sword. Look around you; see the faces that have survived many a battle. See the weariness in their eyes, the burning desire in their hearts. If you cannot lay down your life for them, then lay down your bows and arrows. If you cannot accept the unknowing as your fate or death as your destiny. Then lay down your axes, maces, and war hammers. If you are unwilling to die for freedom, all our freedoms, then lay down your weapons! You will not be branded as a traitor! Your names will go down as heroes! We will shout your names in battle! You will have a seat at the victory table! Now, who will stay with me until the end! Who will lay down their life for everything?!”

How Dedicated You Can Be: As long as I have some form of communication (minus skype, does not work on laptop) I am very dedicated
Other Important Notes: I work 5 am-2 pm thursday-monday

Kawaii Vampire

16,165 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Team Edward 100
  • Waffles! 25

Kawaii Vampire

16,165 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Team Edward 100
  • Waffles! 25

Quick Reply