Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Good. I'm glad this guy punched that ******** in the face. I'm sick and tired of comedians thinking they can say whatever they want and get away with it because "it's a joke."

Too bad this didn't happen to Tosh. After his little "what if everyone raped that woman right there" comment, I wouldn't even feel bad for him or his family if he got shot. User Image
I actually respect the guy. Yes, he overreacted a bit, but at least he did something about it!
Ontological Empiricism
The Herald of Death
Ontological Empiricism
Really, I find punching the man to be unnecessary. It says to me that you let your emotions run rampant, and that you can't control yourself from violent outbursts when upset.

The routine wasn't that hilarious, and if you're getting offended, simply leave. It's really not that hard.

It's similarly not hard to avoid being a racist piece of s**t. It was in fact pretty clearly deliberate so... why care if he gets punched? It'd have been best if he end up in a hospital really.

In the land of comedy, many comedians use racial stereotypes in their skits. Either pointed at their own race, or the race of another. Lisa Lampanelli is one that most prominently comes to mind, and no one has ever run up on stage to punch her out.

What does punching someone doing insult comedy (though not very good, this comedian didn't have any tact whatsoever) solve? Why is that a better reaction compared to simply leaving?

The moment he lost it was when he started sexually harassing his date. He sat through the racist comments,
castrillo
Good. I'm glad this guy punched that ******** in the face. I'm sick and tired of comedians thinking they can say whatever they want and get away with it because "it's a joke."

Too bad this didn't happen to Tosh. After his little "what if everyone raped that woman right there" comment, I wouldn't even feel bad for him or his family if he got shot. User Image

Calm down. "What if everyone raped that woman right there" is a bit of a crude retort but come on...

It's not that bad. Him getting SHOT is pretty freaking bad.

Distinct Phantom

Evanxeco

You're saying they can't be protected more effectively with a calm and peaceful mind?
Not as we were evolving. If you were calm and someone else attacked you, you would lose and most likely die. Therefore your "calm genes" would not carry on. It's evolution. Nowadays, we have worked past that, we don't have to be aggressive to survive, but the biological function is still there.
Blade Dancer
Evanxeco

You're saying they can't be protected more effectively with a calm and peaceful mind?
Not as we were evolving. If you were calm and someone else attacked you, you would lose and most likely die. Therefore your "calm genes" would not carry on. It's evolution. Nowadays, we have worked past that, we don't have to be aggressive to survive, but the biological function is still there.

That was how "killing in cold blood" came to be.
Physical assault always seems excessive when it comes to humour.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

Calm down. "What if everyone raped that woman right there" is a bit of a crude retort but come on...

It's more than just a crude retort. The woman in the audience felt threatened. But, seeing as you're most likely a christian man, it makes sense you would take rape lightly.

And I could care less if Tosh got shot in general though.
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

Quote:
It's more than just a crude retort.
Well...it's certainly not a gun to the face.
Quote:
The woman in the audience felt threatened.
Not threatened enough to call 911.
Quote:
But, seeing as you're most likely a christian man, it makes sense you would take rape lightly.

Your Feminism is showing.

Quote:
Is it because he's a "woman hating misogynist?"

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But, seeing as you're most likely a christian man, it makes sense you would take rape lightly.

Quote:

And judging by your lifestyle choice and thread posted earlier today, you are a misogynist a*****e. But, it's forgivable because you get your information from the bible and not from logic.

And no, he should be shot because he's just annoying in general.
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

And judging by your lifestyle choice and thread posted earlier today, you are a misogynist a*****e. But, it's forgivable because you get your information from the bible and not from logic.

And no, he should be shot because he's just annoying in general.

In my post I gave an example of biblical Misogyny.

You're jumping to conclusions by calling me a misogynist.

Annoying people shouldn't be shot, that's stupid.
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

It's more than just a crude retort. The woman in the audience felt threatened. But, seeing as you're most likely a christian man, it makes sense you would take rape lightly.

I find that highly offensive. Most of the athiests take rape much lighter than many Christians do. Most of those I know are disgusted that there is no statute of limitations on rape, and that they don't get executed.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

I find that highly offensive. Most of the athiests take rape much lighter than many Christians do. Most of those I know are disgusted that there is no statute of limitations on rape, and that they don't get executed.

You're not actually offended.

And statistically, at least in the U.S, Christians are more apt to support rape and take it lightly. First, the bible does not punish rapists, instead, it gifts them a wife. Politically, rape is not viewed seriously by christians. From Akin to Ryan, it's viewed as a joke.
castrillo
Old Blue Collar Joe
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son
castrillo

You're not actually offended.

And statistically, at least in the U.S, Christians are more apt to support rape and take it lightly. First, the bible does not punish rapists, instead, it gifts them a wife. Politically, rape is not viewed seriously by christians. From Akin to Ryan, it's viewed as a joke.

Proof of your claims? Where's the statistics? As far as the 'rape' you're discussing in the Bible, it is more than likely this particular situation you're discussing is close to being 'statuatory rape', as the woman did not have permission to give herself to another, nor did the man have the right to touch any woman not his wife.
Thus, the word 'rape' means, quite simply, 'disapproved by the sire'.
And the woman was NOT automatically married to the man. He was required to pay 50 Shekels to the father. The father also could still refuse the marriage, and take the 50 shekels, for violating his daughter, because at that particular point? Virginity was highly valued.

Distinct Phantom

Old Blue Collar Joe

Proof of your claims? Where's the statistics? As far as the 'rape' you're discussing in the Bible, it is more than likely this particular situation you're discussing is close to being 'statuatory rape', as the woman did not have permission to give herself to another, nor did the man have the right to touch any woman not his wife.
Thus, the word 'rape' means, quite simply, 'disapproved by the sire'.
And the woman was NOT automatically married to the man. He was required to pay 50 Shekels to the father. The father also could still refuse the marriage, and take the 50 shekels, for violating his daughter, because at that particular point? Virginity was highly valued.
http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces