Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I have to ask..why didn't anyone bring up the fact that generally asians are usually indirect and not aggressive? 'specially towards elders, and I think the comedian dude looked grandpa/gruncle old. O_o I mean, as a cultural whole. From what I've read-and even met a couple, asians don't tell you when you're messing up or that you should leave; some don't even directly tell you no if you ask a question they don't want to answer. A girl asian I met once never rejected me directly, but would always claimed I was a nice guy but she had something she had to do. Found out waay later that she did not have something she had to do repeatedly, but just didn't want to directly say no, thought I'd eventually "get the message" and it'd "have been rude if she did say no"...which was really weird to me. Wasn't the strangest incident with indirectness I've had at all either.

Or is the submissive indirect overly calm asian a stereotype too? Asking genuinely, as maybe I've just had really bad/good luck on that as I've only ever met one hotblooded asian, most I meet tend to have all their cultural norms eerily and deeply embedded into their brains.

No comment on my personal opinion on the matter though. -and NOPE, we are not past race issues. Lookit Blue popo. rofl Whom is practically a kai, has the strength greater than gotenks ssj3, trained all the Z-warriors, has a crapload of redeeming qualities but what did the board of racism choose to emphasize when they looked at him and branded him as a racist icon? That he looks like tar black (which was a form of mockery)+big lips and he's a servant.

Granted, I don't hear many hispanics outcrying against hispanic maid stereotypes..which I find a bit disturbing, even if "statistically" hispanics are proven to be the most family oriented amongst other qualities that are negatively portrayed. o_O Though Ik within the hispanic community there are comedians like Carlos Mencia who make fun of themselves, which eases that feeling. There may equally be comedians for each race that make fun of themselves though, which, I'd say would be a good thing overall.
Blade Dancer
Usually our Freedom of Speech amendment doesn't apply to direct insults and harassment.

But it does cover comedy.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
castrillo
Old Blue Collar Joe
castrillo
Christ the Holy Son

Calm down. "What if everyone raped that woman right there" is a bit of a crude retort but come on...

It's not that bad. Him getting SHOT is pretty freaking bad.

It's more than just a crude retort. The woman in the audience felt threatened. But, seeing as you're most likely a christian man, it makes sense you would take rape lightly.

And I could care less if Tosh got shot in general though.

I find that highly offensive. Most of the athiests take rape much lighter than many Christians do. Most of those I know are disgusted that there is no statute of limitations on rape, and that they don't get executed.

You're not actually offended.

And statistically, at least in the U.S, Christians are more apt to support rape and take it lightly. First, the bible does not punish rapists, instead, it gifts them a wife. Politically, rape is not viewed seriously by christians. From Akin to Ryan, it's viewed as a joke.

Proof of your claims? Where's the statistics? As far as the 'rape' you're discussing in the Bible, it is more than likely this particular situation you're discussing is close to being 'statuatory rape', as the woman did not have permission to give herself to another, nor did the man have the right to touch any woman not his wife.
Thus, the word 'rape' means, quite simply, 'disapproved by the sire'.
And the woman was NOT automatically married to the man. He was required to pay 50 Shekels to the father. The father also could still refuse the marriage, and take the 50 shekels, for violating his daughter, because at that particular point? Virginity was highly valued.

Statistics of christians in politics dabbling in rape issues? What do you want? Names? I can provide plenty of out christians who have all comment/tried to push sketchy rape-related laws.

And also;

Deuteronomy 22:28
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

And lets talk about Judges, where warriors are sent to Jabesh-gilead to kill everyone but the virgins, and then gave the virgins to men. Then the lord feels pity that not all the men were covered, so he tells the leaders to tell the men to snatch them from the festival of the Lord.

Then in Numbers, god and moses tell the people to kill the midianites, but once again, spare the virgins to keep them for themselves.

Exodus 21:7-11

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Zechariah 14:1-2

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.

Once again, Christian men do not take rape very seriously. But why should they? God loves it.
Blade Dancer
logan the god of candy
what a whiny little b***h. that guy should be banned from attending comedy shows. an asian guy could have done that act and that dude wouldn't have had a problem. i call racism by the asian dude.
If you notice, the comedian gets punched after sexual jokes, not just racist jokes. A white comedian can make fun of Asians in a room full of Asians and it will be funny, but once he picks one out of the crowd to harass? It's a whole new ballgame.

i disagree.
Blade Dancer
Old Blue Collar Joe

Proof of your claims? Where's the statistics? As far as the 'rape' you're discussing in the Bible, it is more than likely this particular situation you're discussing is close to being 'statuatory rape', as the woman did not have permission to give herself to another, nor did the man have the right to touch any woman not his wife.
Thus, the word 'rape' means, quite simply, 'disapproved by the sire'.
And the woman was NOT automatically married to the man. He was required to pay 50 Shekels to the father. The father also could still refuse the marriage, and take the 50 shekels, for violating his daughter, because at that particular point? Virginity was highly valued.
http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

evilbible.com? Yeah, THAT's an unbiased site.

Desirable Businessman

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Christ the Holy Son

My personal opinion is...

That George should have just left with Rachel as opposed to assaulting the Comedian in the middle of his comedic routine.

I mean....

Isn't race just a social construct that we've outgrown anyway?

Attacking the man? I wouldn't, i'm a pacifist.

What about you?
Guy deserved what he got. If i loved the woman i was with and some guy was sexually harassing her like that i would punch him to.
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

That George should have just left with Rachel as opposed to assaulting the Comedian in the middle of his comedic routine.

I mean....

What about you?
Guy deserved what he got. If i loved the woman i was with and some guy was sexually harassing her like that i would punch him to.

If I loved a woman, I wouldn't ruffle my shirt by roughhousing in public, for the sake of her honor.

Desirable Businessman

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

If I loved a woman, I wouldn't ruffle my shirt by roughhousing in public, for the sake of her honor.
Women want to feel safe and like you will protect them. If your going to let some buy sexually harass her and crotch thrust in her face then there is something wrong here. Even Jesus got angry when the money changers at the temple were ripping people off.
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

Racist s**t, I'd have let it go. When he starts sexually harassing the wife? He gets warned, once. He can make all the cracks about me he wants, I don't care. But the moment he's sexually harassing the woman, after his initial warning? Stand by for an a** beating.
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

Women want to feel safe and like you will protect them. If your going to let some buy sexually harass her and crotch thrust in her face then there is something wrong here. Even Jesus got angry when the money changers at the temple were ripping people off.
Sorry, but if I were Rachel...I'd dump him for humiliating me in public by being such a rough cad. Ripping innocent people off is a different story because they had no other options.

George did.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

Racist s**t, I'd have let it go. When he starts sexually harassing the wife? He gets warned, once. He can make all the cracks about me he wants, I don't care. But the moment he's sexually harassing the woman, after his initial warning? Stand by for an a** beating.

I think that "letting go" takes alot less maturity than taking the Beating. I doubt that Rachel would've gotten up and Bludgeoned the comedian to prove something. If the Comedian sexually harassed George, Rachel probably wouldn't have beaten him. Yet George chose to be selfish and let his passions run loose and not Sacrifice his ego for the sake of comedy.

George, I think should have forgiven Brett Eidman(The Comedian).
Christ the Holy Son
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

I think that "letting go" takes alot less maturity than taking the Beating. I doubt that Rachel would've gotten up and Bludgeoned the comedian to prove something. If the Comedian sexually harassed George, Rachel probably wouldn't have beaten him. Yet George chose to be selfish and let his passions run loose and not Sacrifice his ego for the sake of comedy.

A true comedian, who is good? He knows damn good and well how to read people, and knows which ones you can ******** with and which ones you can't, and they learn to spread it around.
They also know full well that sexual harassment is a line that can get your a** beat fairly regularly.
This guy was just desperate for some sort of major reaction, and pushed way beyond the limits. When you walk out on stage with a pair of those 'asian eyes' glasses? You've already proven your 'comedy' sucks donkey dicks. Resorting to gimmicks and shock isn't going to work for most.
It's why I don't waste time on racist comedians like Chris Rock and others. That's their humor model. Crack racist jokes, and expect a laugh.
But very few comedians are good enough to actually interact with the audience and keep it sane. (Note I am NOT discussing a comedian going after a heckler. At that point, the heckler becomes open game.)

Desirable Businessman

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

Sorry, but if I were Rachel...I'd dump him for humiliating me in public by being such a rough cad. Ripping innocent people off is a different story because they had no other options.

George did.
not very good ones imo. The guy pushed to far and got his butt kicked.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son
dwarfshorty
Christ the Holy Son

I mean....

What about you?

A true comedian, who is good? He knows damn good and well how to read people, and knows which ones you can ******** with and which ones you can't, and they learn to spread it around.
They also know full well that sexual harassment is a line that can get your a** beat fairly regularly.
This guy was just desperate for some sort of major reaction, and pushed way beyond the limits. When you walk out on stage with a pair of those 'asian eyes' glasses? You've already proven your 'comedy' sucks donkey dicks. Resorting to gimmicks and shock isn't going to work for most.
It's why I don't waste time on racist comedians like Chris Rock and others. That's their humor model. Crack racist jokes, and expect a laugh.
But very few comedians are good enough to actually interact with the audience and keep it sane. (Note I am NOT discussing a comedian going after a heckler. At that point, the heckler becomes open game.)

I guess you've got a point. I think that they're both at fault(including Rachel). Yet...I see Brett as the biggest victim out of the three because...He just didn't know what he was doing.
Christ the Holy Son
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son
Old Blue Collar Joe
Christ the Holy Son

I guess you've got a point. I think that they're both at fault(including Rachel). Yet...I see Brett as the biggest victim out of the three because...He just didn't know what he was doing.

Stupid isn't a good excuse for not knowing when to STFU, especially for someone trying to be a racist comedian to begin with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff