Welcome to Gaia! ::

My personal opinion is...

That George should have just left with Rachel as opposed to assaulting the Comedian in the middle of his comedic routine.

I mean....

Isn't race just a social construct that we've outgrown anyway?

Attacking the man? I wouldn't, i'm a pacifist.

What about you?
I'd like the Comedian to finish the routine. That was an unnecessary interruption that probably ruined the bar patron's evening.

Distinct Phantom

Usually our Freedom of Speech amendment doesn't apply to direct insults and harassment.
A nut allergy? And being allergic to monogamy? I’m sure to some people that’s funny, but if he was truly allergic to monogamy I can only wonder why he got married in the first place.

I’m also pretty sure that during the last part of his routine he was even sexually harassing someone and trying to pass it off as comedy. Maybe the guy who attacked the speaker had a problem with harassment and less so with racism.
madstobias
A nut allergy? And being allergic to monogamy? I’m sure to some people that’s funny, but if he was truly allergic to monogamy I can only wonder why he got married in the first place.

I’m also pretty sure that during the last part of his routine he was even sexually harassing someone and trying to pass it off as comedy. Maybe the guy who attacked the speaker had a problem with harassment and less so with racism.

Yeah, he seemed to hate the guy more when he went after the girl who was with him.

However, his reaction was a bit immature don't you think?

Distinct Phantom

Hmmm. I'm going to have to say no. What were his other options?

1. Leave the club.

This leaves them open for more ridicule by said comedian. They would have left with embarrassment and would have ended their date (no, I don't know if it was truly a date) on a sour note.

2. Use words

This might seem like the most "Mature" option. I honestly hate the word immature unless it's being used by a doctor. Once again, this option leaves them open for ridicule.

3. Punch him in the face.

This last option, while leading to him being thrown out of the club, and possibly arrested, ceases insults for the time beings, he asserts his dominance over the comedian, and if the comedian DOES continue his rantings, his moral is probably considerably lower. All in all, the night could easily ended up with "Dude, George beat the hell out of this a*****e comedian while he was on stage!" "Dude! No way!" It immediately solves the problem while also saving face.

Distinct Phantom

Option 4. Burn down the club.

A little over the top...just a little.
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias

Yeah, he seemed to hate the guy more when he went after the girl who was with him.

That depends upon the perspective. If I was the comedian and didn't want to get punched in the face by a stranger, then yes, I would consider that immature. But If I was the guy who saw an Asian woman being harassed by someone who wore something racist toward Asians and I decided to assail that crass individual, I would probably consider myself to be heroic.

And if I was the Asian couple who was being thoroughly yelled at by a racist guy holding a microphone, I would wonder why I was still in the comedy club.
madstobias
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias

That depends upon the perspective. If I was the comedian and didn't want to get punched in the face by a stranger, then yes, I would consider that immature. But If I was the guy who saw an Asian woman being harassed by someone who wore something racist toward Asians and I decided to assail that crass individual, I would probably consider myself to be heroic.

And if I was the Asian couple who was being thoroughly yelled at by a racist guy holding a microphone, I would wonder why I was still in the comedy club.

You make a good point.

Would you feel guilt after beating up that guy if you were George?

Greedy Consumer

Blade Dancer
Option 4. Burn down the club.

A little over the top...just a little.
Have your asian mafia burn down the club lol. xd
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias

You make a good point.

The guy did go overboard. Then again, so did the comedian. Comedy doesn't necessarily involve racially insulting people. I mean, the comedian just put on a pair of squint-eyed prop glasses and went off on some Asians. I think the comedian was just angry at something.

In a way it would be like calling yourself a comedian, going on stage, getting right in someone's face and then repeatedly yelling "F YOU" at that one person for 5 minutes straight, which only Dane Cook could get away with.

Adored Admirer

That comedian wasn't even funny. emotion_eyebrow

Distinct Phantom

Christ the Holy Son
madstobias
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias

You make a good point.

If I were George? So my thoughts and feelings are involved in this? No, I would not feel guilt. Imo, that guy deserved it.
Pseudo-Onkelos
That comedian wasn't even funny. emotion_eyebrow

BRO, that was pretty hilarious in my opinion.
Blade Dancer
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias
Christ the Holy Son
madstobias

You make a good point.

If I were George? So my thoughts and feelings are involved in this? No, I would not feel guilt. Imo, that guy deserved it.

I think he deserved to be called out, but not punched in the face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff