Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Elder

This is caused for two reasons...

1.) The ED was created without too much foresight and the idea of having long term regulars who would grow chummy seemed alien to a fledgling cast of admins. As you could probably tell, the rule is usually rarely enforced outside of known repeat trolls.

2.) I see the word "Facts" and put it in a web-diagram concept. Yes, there are definite facts, but the questions we should be asking are ones that have multiple answers or have a greater answer that hasn't been found but will be through a tiered ladder of basic and lesser facts, not ones that are "Yes, no, (insert common or obscure knowledge here).".

Fanatical Zealot

Dakotapikpik

1.) The ED was created without too much foresight and the idea of having long term regulars who would grow chummy seemed alien to a fledgling cast of admins. As you could probably tell, the rule is usually rarely enforced outside of known repeat trolls.

2.) I see the word "Facts" and put it in a web-diagram concept. Yes, there are definite facts, but the questions we should be asking are ones that have multiple answers or have a greater answer that hasn't been found but will be through a tiered ladder of basic and lesser facts, not ones that are "Yes, no, (insert common or obscure knowledge here).".

But how am I supposed to prove that D:

Barton Elder

Suicidesoldier#1
Dakotapikpik

But how am I supposed to prove that D:

That's a good question.

Liberal Dabbler

Suicidesoldier#1
But the difference is that true, factual evidence has no argument.

A well supported hypothesis is different from raw facts; when the facts themselves are at the core of the ED, we lose an ED.

A stupid's person's response is a stupid person's response.

But if all we argue are the facts themselves then there is no argument.

Pointing out someone is definitely wrong is one thing.

But we aren't supposed to argue about things that are obviously right or wrong in the first place. xp

Well I suppose in theory I agree with you, but I don't see in practice how questioning and hypothesizing are disrespected in the ED as long as they are not presented as facts or known truths.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Wait there are rules?

Wait...wait scratch that.
There are ENFORCED rules?

Fanatical Zealot

-Kali-La-Fae-
Wait there are rules?

At least 5-6 really good threads have been removed on this basis, maybe more D:

Fanatical Zealot

FlySammyJ
Suicidesoldier#1
But the difference is that true, factual evidence has no argument.

A well supported hypothesis is different from raw facts; when the facts themselves are at the core of the ED, we lose an ED.

A stupid's person's response is a stupid person's response.

But if all we argue are the facts themselves then there is no argument.

Pointing out someone is definitely wrong is one thing.

But we aren't supposed to argue about things that are obviously right or wrong in the first place. xp

Well I suppose in theory I agree with you, but I don't see in practice how questioning and hypothesizing are disrespected in the ED as long as they are not presented as facts or known truths.

I for instance, made a thread asking users what super power they would like, or what would be the best super power.

Since none of this could be verified in fact they decided to remove the thread despite it's popularity and frequent posts. ._.

Kind of a tad silly. xp

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Wait there are rules?

Define good thread firstly, and by whose definition?

Fanatical Zealot

-Kali-La-Fae-
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Wait there are rules?

Uh... lots of posts, lots of activity, people were having fun.

Um... I know a sword versus gun thing got removed, best zombie weapon, and I guess super power thread, favorite beverage etc.

I suppose I could link you some but they'd be in the chatterbox or the trash bin by now. xp

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Wait there are rules?

Um... I know a sword versus gun thing got removed, best zombie weapon, and I guess super power thread, favorite beverage etc.

I suppose I could link you some but they'd be in the chatterbox or the trash bin by now. xp

I had one once that was an in depth discussion of the meaning of dreams that got sent to the chatterbox in favor of a thread asking peoples' favorite flavor of ice cream.

s**t happens.

Fanatical Zealot

-Kali-La-Fae-
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Suicidesoldier#1
-Kali-La-Fae-
Wait there are rules?

I had one once that was an in depth discussion of the meaning of dreams that got sent to the chatterbox in favor of a thread asking peoples' favorite flavor of ice cream.

s**t happens.

But it's avoidable right? xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas