• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102

I dont keep tallies. But I find that the silly people who hate me are more likely to do it by interrupting people's topics and so it is more public. While people who love how i go about it tend to comment on my profile or Pm me, so it is more private. Also I do watch who tip's me, and so when I see some people tip me a lot in a row or like all the time (you know who you are) Obviously they are on the best side. So, it isnt like you could see those. I get pm's about how people like me actually more ofthen that you likely would think. Its weird.

Trying to prove something here?

No, I am not.I just know that I am on people's list of both and I can already tell you dont like me, even if I dont know if I talked to you personally before or not. So might as well make it clear that I do notice both and I do notice how people do it differently. You wanted a meta topic, you got it.

Actually there was no names given. So you're either very vain, or wanting the attention. I only replied to you because I see users who tell you to back off. So kindly, just back off.

Wait...what? Like really..what?

So you not only imply that you agree that you think a lot of people dont like me, and have personally SEEN people tell me to 'back off', yet me acknowledging those things is being vain?

Lol...what? Or maybe I am not going to pretend that I am ignorant to other people and even if people dont name names, I KNOW that at least one person is talking about me because I do remember arguing with that person, and that if this continues that people will be at least referring to me at times, and wanted to give my input to the situation?

I am really not going to get into a pissing contest with you. And yes, I have myself and other have told you to back off a few times (obviously another account for gaia was used) There is no input to give, if someone doesn't like you, they don't like you. If they give a name, awesome, but yea it's pretty vain to think that most everyone is referring to you when they've probably crossed many more users with attitudes. Enough said.
I dont feel worse, because I've yet to see a decent problem here. Smart ppl choose a professional before the internet.

angel_259236102
Meta topics arent really meant the LI. Anyways, I know that I am probably one the list of people's worst at times, yet i am probably on some's best. You weirdos, why cant you just be one collective group on this?

Realistic would be a better way to describe it.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102

I dont keep tallies. But I find that the silly people who hate me are more likely to do it by interrupting people's topics and so it is more public. While people who love how i go about it tend to comment on my profile or Pm me, so it is more private. Also I do watch who tip's me, and so when I see some people tip me a lot in a row or like all the time (you know who you are) Obviously they are on the best side. So, it isnt like you could see those. I get pm's about how people like me actually more ofthen that you likely would think. Its weird.

Trying to prove something here?

No, I am not.I just know that I am on people's list of both and I can already tell you dont like me, even if I dont know if I talked to you personally before or not. So might as well make it clear that I do notice both and I do notice how people do it differently. You wanted a meta topic, you got it.

Actually there was no names given. So you're either very vain, or wanting the attention. I only replied to you because I see users who tell you to back off. So kindly, just back off.

So you not only imply that you agree that you think a lot of people dont like me, and have personally SEEN people tell me to 'back off', yet me acknowledging those things is being vain?

Lol...what? Or maybe I am not going to pretend that I am ignorant to other people and even if people dont name names, I KNOW that at least one person is talking about me because I do remember arguing with that person, and that if this continues that people will be at least referring to me at times, and wanted to give my input to the situation?

I am really not going to get into a pissing contest with you. And yes, I have myself and other have told you to back off a few times (obviously another account for gaia was used) There is no input to give, if someone doesn't like you, they don't like you. If they give a name, awesome, but yea it's pretty vain to think that most everyone is referring to you when they've probably crossed many more users with attitudes. Enough said.

I never said everyone was talking about me, just that I know one person was. It isnt vain to realize that someoen that has been hating you for a bit recently was making comments that directly refer to you but even refer to what was brought up WHEN I aruged with that person, and make the connection that it is likely me. It is too similar for it to be anyone else, and I am too muc of a reg to not have noticed if it was someone who just acts too much like me. Your lack of logic on this is outstanding, you really just want ot see me in a bad light, even when I did purposely wrote in a nicer tone because it was an interesting topic. Good job on ******** up your own topic with your prejudices.

Tipsy Poster

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102

I never said everyone was talking about me, just that I know one person was. It isnt vain to realize that someoen that has been hating you for a bit recently was making comments that directly refer to you but even refer to what was brought up WHEN I aruged with that person, and make the connection that it is likely me. It is too similar for it to be anyone else, and I am too muc of a reg to not have noticed if it was someone who just acts too much like me. Your lack of logic on this is outstanding, you really just want ot see me in a bad light, even when I did purposely wrote in a nicer tone because it was an interesting topic. Good job on ******** up your own topic with your prejudices.
You're still posting? And still making this about you? I'd quit while I'm ahead- if I were you.

Fluffy Wolf

There are definitely some ruder users on here, but like others have said, asking for advice here is just like asking a random crowd of people. It's entirely possible to get wildly different responses from people with very different backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.

It's true that many of us can be VERY skeptical and cynical because we get quite a few trolls. Another problem is simply that people asking for advice don't give us enough details or their scope isn't wide enough. It's easy to make a judgment when you only get one side of the story, but a lot of the time, that's not what the person asking for advice NEEDS. If you REALLY want to solve your problem, REALLY get to the root and make a dedicated life change, you're going to have to do things that make you uncomfortable and that will be uncomfortable/awkward for a long time. Too many people are looking for a quick, easy fix, and that's just not how life works. People have a hard time being realistic about their lives and their problems and it's our job to break through that shell. Some people need coddling, coaxing, bluntness, hell, some even NEED bitchiness. Whatever it takes to get into someone's head so we can work from the inside out and help them help themselves eventually. You only hurt yourself by trying to justify your behavior and find people who will enable you.

Fluffy Wolf

iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102

You're still posting? And still making this about you? I'd quit while I'm ahead- if I were you.

I admit Angel isn't my favorite either, but seriously? You try and pick a fight with her, then when she gives you a response, you accuse her of trying to make this about herself? neutral

You're the only one here doing anything wat-worthy. Just stahp.

Tipsy Poster

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
young dryas
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102
iDate Rape Cookie
angel_259236102

I admit Angel isn't my favorite either, but seriously? You try and pick a fight with her, then when she gives you a response, you accuse her of trying to make this about herself? neutral

You're the only one here doing anything wat-worthy. Just stahp.

Try to pick a fight with her? There was no trying to do anything, she wasn't even on my mind until she posted. So I replied, now I am done replying to her. Either way I am over it.

Heated Visionary

Mmh-pretty sure I can be both blunt and too crude sometimes. But I give honest and to the point advice, most of the time. (Or I try to alteast)
I mean I could try to sugar-coat it a bit better I guess, but I've had such bad experience with that RL, and have over the years stopped doing it, plus, I bring me myself and I when I'm on the interweb. However I respond, is the way I'd respond if I stood/sat right next to you, the way I would to my friends, family, etc. Tough love is needed some times, and so is common sense, but a lot of people have sort of blurred it out, and instead use full blown personal attacks. It's not the same.

I never really feel worse after posting or lurking around here. I've got a tad broody a few times with a few posters, but meh, it happens :3 and then you get over it in a blink of an eye, and put your awesome face back on.

Gawker

I think some people look past what these "rude" and "mean" replies are and just look at how they're being said. Yes, they're being very blunt and snappy at you, but generally their advice is very valid. Some of the most blunt and rude people in here give the best advice. It's because they don't mind getting into the nitty gritty and point out what that person is possibly doing wrong. There's no need to sugar coat advice as long as the person gets the advice. With some people, being blunt and letting them know how stupid they are gets through to them a lot better. It kind of snaps them into reality.

Then, there are those people with problems that are very sensitive at the time of writing the problem. So they're more likely to be upset by what is said.

You basically need to look through any horrible words, any mean tones of voice and just look at what is being said. That's what the LI is for; getting advice. Not molly-coddling.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
LI's has always been a fairly volatile forum, 90% of the 'issues' posted are complete bull and the remaining 10% are treated accordingly.

The problem for me is that a lot of the OP's in these threads can't sit back and apply a little common sense to their issues; you're having trouble in your relationship? Maybe talking to the other party would be a good idea!

Most of the posters here are realistic, sure they're blunt but in most cases they seem to be right.

People scream the advice is 'bad' because it's not what they want to hear most of the time.

Ruthless Gekko

I usually leave feeling worse than I did before I logged in and posted/lurked on the LI. I have given my fair number of tough love approaches and "dayum is the OP really this ******** stupid" responses.

Romantic Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Love Machine 150
That really depends on how you take what is being posted. A user can post the exact same advice to two different users, one can be fine with it, one can throw a fit. I mean, I'm not going to lie, there are some regulars to this forum who I think can tone it down a LITTLE bit, but in the end, if you post here asking for advice and can't handle what is said, don't post.
I just think people are too quick to call troll here, when they really have no evidence that someone is a troll. Ridiculous things happen all the time. A ridiculous situation or scenario does not automatically mean troll, and it should never be treated that way. I'm so glad none of you are ever going to be real therapists or anything. You would just blow off problems and call your patients attention whores. Psh, like that's going to make them feel better. Then they blow their own head off with daddy's pistol because no one, including their therapist, will listen to them.

This forum makes me sick.
I post here pretty regularly, so I know what to expect . . . and in most cases, embrace all advice. Unless I don't like it, then I just ignore it. Any advice that tells you to change your way of thinking completely is just lame advice. There's more to people than that.

Otherwise, I find Gaia quite helpful. I go here to gain an outsider's view, and that's what I get. And it's a fairly intelligent one at that, and they most certainly do not coddle you. Although I also have to say that it's not often I've gotten extremely judgmental advice - if I have (like one time, someone told me they thought I was making up something I was feeling for attention) I calmly explain the real intent behind my post and they usually repent and offer better advice. xP

Treat it as a therapist, honestly. If they don't help, try somewhere else. But for some people, this website is the best place for them. For me, I go to Gaia for personal things because this is also the forum I've grown up with and I'm most familiar with.
No because I'm not really p***y enough to get offended by people on the internets negative opinions. Mostly like 50% of the replies to a thread I make are total bullshit that makes me laugh and has no logical reason to make an impact on me. If you honestly take LI's trolls and the 'harsh' responders seriously then you probably need to get yourself together. Taking STRANGERS ON THE INTERNETS slurs seriously is just stupid.

And also if someones responses bother you just block them or tell the to get out of your thread. It's that simple.

The way I see it expecting to come on Gaia and get 100% serious responses to a problem is stupid. After all, it is Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff