Enemies shall not be tolerated! D<
Into traffic they go!

b-b-b-but but but
L u l l a b y Fx

Into traffic they go!!

Timid Sweetheart

Crying Sleep
latias1236

I'm assuming they use viruses because viruses self replicate?
The idea kind of reminds me of "I Am Legend" the whole idea of taking cancer cells and making them work for the body. Just a thought and I could probably just google this but is there any testing of Gene Therapy of people with say HIV/AIDs? As I understand it weakens the immune system which while the negative effects would probably outweigh the positive, but it seems like a much more viable human adult test subject.
Yes science does have a lot of criticism, I'm all for the advancement of man through science.

I remember "I am Legend"! I stayed up late watching it, but I was disappointed when the science didn't make sense. I believe that there has been research regarding gene therapy with HIV/AIDS. Scientists think that this virus would be a good candidate for gene therapy if it didn't produce such harmful effects. The virus is very effective in infecting the human body, which is needed for gene therapy to be successful, but it could kill you as easily as you could be killed by the genetic disease that you have. It is also difficult when the virus is constantly mutating - it might be a difficult virus to work with.
A good addition to working with viruses could be using somatic cells. These are cells that you can take out of the body, infect with a virus, and reintroduce the cells back into the patient. I'm not sure if in vivo or ex vivo gene therapy would work better....
(in vivo = in body, ex vivo = out of body)

Hooray for scientific advancements! whee
Crying Sleep

Probably not. I don't know how long it will be before I get internet turned on at my new place. I will try to be on though. 3nodding

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Crying Sleep
Panumbra
What would ultimately make me happy would be freedom. Limitless freedom.

That idea to me is pretty incomprehensible.

True freedom, to be unshackled from the confines of society and my own mind. Freedom to exist and do what I desire without consequence, while existing unbound by convention.
Panumbra

Still a very incomprehensible idea.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Crying Sleep
Panumbra

Still a very incomprehensible idea.

Ah well. When you get older...

Quick Reply