Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Did Punk so Pop in the first place?
i mean i guess of the pop song's are okay or good at least . surprised
I can't stand most songs on those albums. I'll admit, I love Tonight Alive's cover of Little Lion Man on Punk Goes Pop 4, VersaEmerge's cover of Paint It Black on Punk Goes Classic Rock, Sleeping With Sirens' cover of F**k You, and All Time Low's cover of Umbrella on Punk Goes Crunk, but most of them are really, really bad. smile
avrablix
I can't stand most songs on those albums. I'll admit, I love Tonight Alive's cover of Little Lion Man on Punk Goes Pop 4, VersaEmerge's cover of Paint It Black on Punk Goes Classic Rock, Sleeping With Sirens' cover of F**k You, and All Time Low's cover of Umbrella on Punk Goes Crunk, but most of them are really, really bad. smile

but not so bad that you wont buy every variety of them and listen all the way through?

4,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I really like the Punk Goes Pop's. My favorite so far is Sleep with Sirens version of Forget you. I am going to laugh when the next Punk Goes Pop has 'Thrift Shop' on it.
punk goes pop is epic, just because i rather listen to the "punk" version than the "pop" version.
I think that the hole punk goes pop thing was a really good idea but some of the songs didn't get mixed very well

Greedy Capitalist

seanicthedgehog
punk goes pop is epic, just because i rather listen to the "punk" version than the "pop" version.

they're literally still the same song. they're super straight forward covers of pop songs, making them . . . pop songs
billmarry123
I think that the hole punk goes pop thing was a really good idea but some of the songs didn't get mixed very well

i agree, some songs sounds like the instrumentals are pretty much the same, but others transition the genres pretty well ^_^
DESTROY UR LIFE FOR SATAN
seanicthedgehog

they're literally still the same song. they're super straight forward covers of pop songs, making them . . . pop songs

so you're telling me August Burns Red cover of "...Baby One More Time" is still pop?

Greedy Capitalist

seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

so you're telling me August Burns Red cover of "...Baby One More Time" is still pop?

screamed vocals and breakdowns do not a metal/punk song make exclaim sorry charlie
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

screamed vocals and breakdowns do not a metal/punk song make exclaim sorry charlie

..soooo...what makes it pop then? if you say lyrics, i'll have to smack you in the head with a muffin.

Greedy Capitalist

seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

..soooo...what makes it pop then? if you say lyrics, i'll have to smack you in the head with a muffin.

the song structure exclaim
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

grrr..-picks up muffin-

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

I may not be up on all those pseudo metal genres but I still wouldn't call that pop. A better question would be why would you bother listening to some gimmicky shitty cover of a song you didn't like in the first place? Or why repackaging a band in en "edgy" new package makes it any more palatable to these people?

Greedy Capitalist

Valtiel the Watcher
seanicthedgehog
seanicthedgehog

I may not be up on all those pseudo metal genres but I still wouldn't call that pop. A better question would be why would you bother listening to some gimmicky shitty cover of a song you didn't like in the first place? Or why repackaging a band in en "edgy" new package makes it any more palatable to these people?

exactly! what makes this cover "better"?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff