Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gawker

wtf? i made this in november. why'm i still getting notifications?

Liberal Dabbler

xolorus
wtf? i made this in november. why'm i still getting notifications?

Welcome to the ED.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Sooooo because other people break the law and/or can't be bothered to pay attention to what their multi-ton hunk of aluminum and plastic is doing at roughly 40-50mph the people on the bikes are stupid?
emotion_facepalm
This is why Mommy drinks, you know.

Gawker

AsuraSyn

Sooooo because other people break the law and/or can't be bothered to pay attention to what their multi-ton hunk of aluminum and plastic is doing at roughly 40-50mph the people on the bikes are stupid?
emotion_facepalm

yeah. because they're going to be killed by stupid people. it's like walking into an NRA convention and yelling "Equal Rights Amendment".

Gawker

Heimdalr
Cyclists can die in several well-placed fires along the ditch to the smell of burning diesel and whiny 90's songs fading out on the radio as the battery melts. They are vermin and we should build a fenced-in oval to contain them. The fence should be double. Fifteen feet tall. And electrocuted, uh, electrified.

hmm. not sure if you're serious or not.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
xolorus
AsuraSyn

emotion_facepalm

yeah. because they're going to be killed by stupid people. it's like walking into an NRA convention and yelling "Equal Rights Amendment".

emotion_facepalm
Okay, there's a LOT wrong with that statement but I'm gonna limit my response to two issues:
1) Running people over is a crime, ya know. You are not required, nor expected, to live in fear because other people commit crimes. That's what the Second Amendment is for.
2) You are a bigot. Not every NRA member is a goddamn Klansman. Stop judging people based off of the caricatures presented on tv.

Gawker

AsuraSyn
xolorus
AsuraSyn

emotion_facepalm

emotion_facepalm
Okay, there's a LOT wrong with that statement but I'm gonna limit my response to two issues:
1) Running people over is a crime, ya know. You are not required, nor expected, to live in fear because other people commit crimes. That's what the Second Amendment is for.
2) You are a bigot. Not every NRA member is a goddamn Klansman. Stop judging people based off of the caricatures presented on tv.

don't i know where i am now.

but you shouldn't walk through the rape woods at night.

Gawker

Larry Matasareanu The 2nd
The drivers should pay attention

they don't. i live in quebec. they'll run you over if you're on the sidewalk

Gawker

We Are Organisms
xolorus
i don't care how experiences you are, and how you're experienced and all. that is besides the point. because the reality is, the people in the cars don't follow the rules of the road, speed, run reds, and they will run you over and kill you.
someone in my area on a bike gets killed by a car every month.
Retards are stupid, i dont go around advertising it though.

hmmm. . .how are you responding to my thread? i am very confused.

Gawker

Jolie Maidele
Maybe you just live in a bad/unsafe area. Road safety is obviously going to differ from area to area. I live in Florida and people comment all the time how drivers are horrible here.

I always use common sense and caution when biking and always choose to bike on the sidewalks, when present. I don't like using bike lanes on main roads, since there's so much traffic and I'd rather not have to think about all the cars flying by me. I'm fine with using the bike lanes on campus where there's less traffic. If I'm coming home at night, I just turn on the lights on my bike. I have lights in the front and back of my bike.

i live in quebec. the people here drive erratically. They'll run you down if you're on the sidewalk. Some guy almost ran me over while he was running a red and I was crossing on a green. They dont' even look.

Gawker

Je Nique vos Merdiers
Summary: Both bicyclists and car drivers are stupid.

Conclusion: Stop building all your stupid s**t so far apart so we can walk and take trains and you won't have to b***h about safety.

city won't pay for that

Gawker

washu_2004
If there is a bike lane on the road I use it, and motorists have no cause to complain, I am in the right lane.

Otherwise I ride on the extreme left shoulder of the road as the law requires, so I am in the right place. (In Australia we drive on the left hand side of the road.)

the drivers in my city are so bad that they drive in the bike lanes. and they drive in the bus lanes too. they're ******** retarded.

Gawker

1-harmony-1
Dear xolorus, based on your first and second post, I wouldn't say that people who ride bikes on the street aren't necessarily stupid. There are times when bikes need to or it is a lot easier for them to ride on the road. If drivers would obey the rules there would be many less people getting killed like that there. Of course, people riding should have the sense to keep to the left (or right, depending on your country) side of the road so cars have room to overtake them safely and they may be able to ride further from the road if there is a car coming up and they can do so, for their own safety. People in cars must also understand that there are people out there who have the same rights that they do and need to be more careful and try to obey the road rules. If cars "run reds, drive on the sidewalks, cut off school buses." etc, then obviously they are in the wrong.

the drivers don't follow the rules though. they're ******** idiots in my city. they run reds. they go 100 in a parking lot. they drive in the bike lanes, bus lanes, and sidewalks. this one retard in a bmw did a uturn right in front of a bus that i was on once. the cops don't do anything. i don't know why. cuz we have like no crime in my city, so they should be getting those bad drivers instead.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
xolorus
AsuraSyn
xolorus
AsuraSyn

emotion_facepalm

emotion_facepalm

But you can if you have a shotgun and a rottweiler.
Else the terrorists win.

Gawker

AsuraSyn
xolorus
AsuraSyn
xolorus
AsuraSyn

emotion_facepalm

emotion_facepalm

But you can if you have a shotgun and a rottweiler.
Else the terrorists win.

i live in quebec. no one carries shotguns here. i don't even know where you'd buy a shotgun here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff