Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Gawker

7,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Bubble Shark
well, before my bike got stolen, I rode on the road because there weren't sidewalks or a bike path or anything. But I live in a town of 4,000 people. There's not like traffic or anything xd

But I mean, yeah, when I see people on the highway riding bikes, I'm like WTF YOURE GOING TO DIE. But I guess, where else are they going to ride, if there's not a designated bike path?

I am pretty sure that riding a bike on the freeway is illegal in all or most of the states in the US. I know in NC, it is.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Elly_Masamune
Bubble Shark
well, before my bike got stolen, I rode on the road because there weren't sidewalks or a bike path or anything. But I live in a town of 4,000 people. There's not like traffic or anything xd

But I mean, yeah, when I see people on the highway riding bikes, I'm like WTF YOURE GOING TO DIE. But I guess, where else are they going to ride, if there's not a designated bike path?

I am pretty sure that riding a bike on the freeway is illegal in all or most of the states in the US. I know in NC, it is.

Oh for real?

I see people do it all the time xd
Not so often the four lane interstate, but sometimes. But the two lane highway? ALL THE TIME. Crazy ********.

I'm in IL and I have no idea what the law is on it.

Hygienic Smoker

It is against the law in my area to ride bikes on the sidewalk. I think this law is idiotic, specifically because we have maybe a mile stretch of a biker’s lane in the entire city.

Gawker

Diimari_Lives
xolorus
i don't care how experiences you are, and how you're experienced and all. that is besides the point. because the reality is, the people in the cars don't follow the rules of the road, speed, run reds, and they will run you over and kill you.
someone in my area on a bike gets killed by a car every month.

Legally, in most states, bikes are supposed to be on the road.

i know where they're supposed to be. but i'm saying they shouldn't be anywhere, because the drivers here are irresponsible and a biker gets killed by a car in my neighbourhood every month.
I live in an area with windy country roads. Its incredibly stupid to bike on a road that cars have trouble driving on, and that has so many curves if someone were to hit you they would not see you until its too late.

But nope. We're bikers, lets be ******** dumb.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Perhaps your State should get some more Cops, or have a mandatory license re-test every few years.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Cyclists on the road are a nuisance in my city. There isn't a side street or main road that's safe from them. Everyone has to slow down and watch out for them. It's ridiculous!
xolorus
i don't care how experiences you are, and how you're experienced and all. that is besides the point. because the reality is, the people in the cars don't follow the rules of the road, speed, run reds, and they will run you over and kill you.
This wouldn't be such a big problem if bicyclists started obeying the rules of the road. All the time I see idiots on bikes weaving in and out of traffic, running lights, ignoring stop signs, and just generally acting as if all those pesky "laws" are only for cars, and that their safety is everyone else's problem. Protip: If you run a red light or fail to stop at a stop sign, it's not my fault when I run you over.

4,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
My best friend in 2nd grade was riding in the bike lane on his way to his house from mine and a pizza delivery man zoomed around the corner hitting and killing him. I don't ride in the bike lane anymore to say the least and when I have to ride on the road because there's no sidewalk it's kind of scary.
deadguy
xolorus
This wouldn't be such a big problem if bicyclists started obeying the rules of the road. All the time I see idiots on bikes weaving in and out of traffic, running lights, ignoring stop signs, and just generally acting as if all those pesky "laws" are only for cars, and that their safety is everyone else's problem. Protip: If you run a red light or fail to stop at a stop sign, it's not my fault when I run you over.

Seconded. Roundly and completely seconded.

I have been bicycling as my main mode of transportation since I was a sophmore in high school and few things drive me more nuts than when someone doesn't follow the rules of the road. I have come close to mowing down two guys in my town because they were riding their bikes in the opposite lane of traffic.

Drivers are certainly a problem, but bicyclists are often just as bad.

Gawker

deadguy
xolorus

they're both stupid.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
I just wouldn't ride a bike in the dark, I rather ride on the pavement.

Dedicated Loiterer

Haha Coffee
In my country it's illegal to ride bikes on the path, so while commuting I have to ride on the road.

Also, speak for your own stupid country, by and large moterist's follow the rules of the road very well and I have very few problems with them when I cycle.

If anything it's cyclists who need to learn the ******** what there doing on the road.

Pretty much. A lot of cyclists where I live don't seem to consider their bikes vehicles and therefore don't obey the laws of traffic.

Drivers here, from personal experience, tend to generally be shittier to pedestrians who cross the street at the correct time, strangely--revving engines to hurry them, cutting them off and nearly hitting them, honking, flipping the bird, etc..
This thread sucks.
Some people do foolish acts on the road. They do not care about others. I think so they are usually absent minded.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff