Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I've come across many people in the music forum that not only dislike rock music, but perhaps even detests it. I'm just curious to know why. I'm not a huge rock fan, but I don't detest it. Someone help me out por favor•~
because guitars sound like s**t

plus, too many whities
TOO MANY WHITIES
THEY GOT ENOUGH BROS
AND SOME OF THEM WHITIES
LOOKIN LIKE CHODES
tripcode
TOO MANY WHITIES
THEY GOT ENOUGH BROS
AND SOME OF THEM WHITIES
LOOKIN LIKE CHODES

this sounds like a One Life Crew song
Deftones ain't white.
...Because they simply don't like the genre?

I'm a huge rock fan, but I don't think it's that bewildering that people don't like it.
self-esteem roller
tripcode
TOO MANY WHITIES
THEY GOT ENOUGH BROS
AND SOME OF THEM WHITIES
LOOKIN LIKE CHODES

this sounds like a One Life Crew song

should have added *to the tune of Spiteful Chant by Kendrick Lamar*
A Turnip
...Because they simply dont like the genre?

Im a huge rock fan, but I dont think its that bewildering that people dont like it.

Lol. I know that some people arent going to like a genre of music, but when people say rock music is s**t, Im guessing that they more than just simply dislike it. Curious is all I am•~
E L Y S I U S x
A Turnip
...Because they simply dont like the genre?

Im a huge rock fan, but I dont think its that bewildering that people dont like it.

Lol. I know that some people arent going to like a genre of music, but when people say rock music is s**t, Im guessing that they more than just simply dislike it. Curious is all I am•~

it's s**t. end of story.
don't listen to what people say in this forum.

they're all cynical cunts who can't stand to see another person enjoy something.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's simple: not everyone likes the same kind of music. No one genre is universally popular.

Why do I absolutely loathe rock music? Because it's a dull and redundant form of music that severely lacks variety, and yet so many practitioners act like rock is dynamic. It's not at all. It's a very needy and repetitive genre. It runs on a narrow road, and it will never thrive much further than it has because of its overdependence on a specific instrument. That's how I'll always feel about it.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Its simple: not everyone likes the same kind of music. No one genre is universally popular.

Why do I absolutely loathe rock music? Because its a dull and redundant form of music that severely lacks variety, and yet so many practitioners act like rock is dynamic. Its not at all. Its a very needy genre. It runs on a narrow road, and it will never thrive much further than it has because of its overdependence on a specific instrument. Thats how Ill always feel about it.

This. This was the kind of answer I needed. Not some kind of smartass comment like Its s**t so deal with it.
So I thank you for your personal insight•~
Oh and Namie Amuro? I also give you props to that. I LOVE her•~
When it comes to progress as an art form, rock music has, for several decades, been a very conservative genre, to the point of being regressive; to exemplify, there are many people who listen to rock music who actually refuse to even listen to contemporary rock music, choosing instead to be content with backward-gazing "classic rock" worship.

Making guitar music isn't inherently a bad thing, but when you're writing the same song that people have heard for 50 years, there is a problem.
morepunxthanthou
don't listen to what people say in this forum.

they're all cynical cunts who can't stand to see another person enjoy something.

(will, this thread is in direct response to the pop thread, jsyk)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff