Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sophomore

12,000 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I didn't know a 10k difference from the regular price made so much difference. eek That's what people do on almost every single item. I had no complaints when Angelic Manner jumped from 5m to 8m. That's the way of the MP. That's how you make PROFIT.

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Well... since all the blue dots are posting here. I think, I have to do it too...

I will still abuse you Eros, once I get to see you in zOMG. And no, that was a clone of mine and not me... since I bite! razz

On the other note... good job with making profit! I am proud of you! emotion_yatta

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
fml.........
i might start a protest.......

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
W`nnabe
      I completely fail to understand how flooding the market with overpriced listings of an item is going to cause that item to inflate. Only people who want amps badly enough to not care that the item is 20% more expensive than usual will buy those listings. If that number of people is so high that it genuinely inflates the price of amps, then the problem is not “omg some b**** listed 12 deluxe amps for 96k each, so selfish” but that the demand for amps has risen too much or that the value of gold has decreased again. I’m assuming that if they were listed for 70k-80k they would be picked over fairly quickly by people wanting to buy amps at a “normal” price and not with GCash.

The fact of the matter is that it’s because people enjoy using amps enough to view them as a “necessity” in DMS (and SMEB a lot too) that causes the equilibrium cost of amps to fluctuate. But quite frankly this idea that they could genuinely inflate to 90k-100k each is simply absurd considering that a 3 pack can be bought for 250 GCash and stuff like the current RIG pack that costs almost 1000 GCash is only selling for about 750k in the market right now.

Tl;dr: Not understanding why people are upset about this when it’s not going to change anything. lol

The problem here for me isn't the long-term so much as the fact that those amps were up to 90K+. Some people expecting 70-80K Legitimately cannot afford that. Since amps are pretty much a requirement for most DMS crews, this hurts many people's chances at joining or doing a run. It's not like an equippable item where you'll be rejected if you aren't wearing it.

Also, I remember an age where revives would run 30-40K tops and now you're lucky to find them at 56K. My friend mass-flooded them at 56-60K and they've never gone back quite right. So this could affect amp the same way.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Divorux
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
fml.........
i might start a protest.......

I would suggest "not" buying my amps but they are secretly "not" 96k.

And let's not forget the last protest.
It happened at the DMS gates.
That's where I live.
Come get me!!!!!
Whhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!
Charge!!!

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Dandeliondart
I didn't know a 10k difference from the regular price made so much difference. eek That's what people do on almost every single item. I had no complaints when Angelic Manner jumped from 5m to 8m. That's the way of the MP. That's how you make PROFIT.

I makes as much difference as finding a ant crawling up your skirt.

It doesn't happen often but when it does you flail like a crazed deranged
hobo on cocaine realizing the world does exist for the split second you come back to reality.
And then over a short while return to your previous mad state of delusions.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Final word o3o
people will always undercut.
abe is a good example of that xD
iFaiji
Final word o3o

I am not done yet.
User Image

User Image

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Abelard Kaufmann
iFaiji
Final word o3o

I am not done yet.
User Image

User Image
can you work on the revives too o3o
too much inflation there
k,thanx

Dangerous Sex Symbol

iFaiji
Abelard Kaufmann
iFaiji
Final word o3o

I am not done yet.
User Image

User Image
can you work on the revives too o3o
too much inflation there
k,thanx

You missed my revive secret sale....
eA e

Dangerous Sex Symbol

ToshiTo-chan
Well... since all the blue dots are posting here. I think, I have to do it too...

I will still abuse you Eros, once I get to see you in zOMG. And no, that was a clone of mine and not me... since I bite! razz

On the other note... good job with making profit! I am proud of you! emotion_yatta

I'm good with money irl too.
And I love you too Toshi.
;D

Noob

LMAO. My friends' statuses look like that often these days xD
Good thing I used free GC to buy all mine 8DDDD
emotion_bigheart

Dangerous Sex Symbol

lnvincibIe
LMAO. My friends' statuses look like that often these days xD
Good thing I used free GC to buy all mine 8DDDD
emotion_bigheart

Lol.

IRL Labtech

Signomi
I have never been so happy to downvote a thread than I am right now.

A friend of mine linked me to this thread on meebo after telling me some bad experiences with crews that couldn't afford powerups. As of late I've encountered the very same thing and was puzzled why. Then he linked me to this thread and it all made sense, and I felt my blood boil.

I'm sorry, but I don't find this funny—in fact I find this absolutely awful.

Why would you go out of your way to play with the price of powerups? A lot of DMSers at the very least RELY on those during any time period in order to get full enjoyment out of the game. And as far as I can see, right now a lot of them can't do that because two silly individuals decided it would be funny to put a bunch of them up for so high prices, forcing at least TWO people I know to use GC they were saving in order to grab them off the Cash Shop.

I'm happy to see Abelard trying to deflate them but I don't think it excuses the matter altogether.

I can't tip you enough. And can't agree more.

Wheezing Prophet

10,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hrm. I have enough to deflate :3 But effort. Bigger fish to fry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff