Welcome to Gaia! ::

Valiant Gaian

Okay, so there's this one shoujo manga I read when I was really little and I really want to read it again. The story goes like this (bear in mind I was 10-12 when I read this):

The girl got drunk (can't remember why) and then was helped by a guy I presume she's never met before. Then while she was drunk she asked him to marry her, I think. Not sure if it was the other way around but anyway, they got married a month later, or so. She barely knows him and they started living together. Then the usual stuff like they learn about each other's quirk. The husband in particular learns how to make his wife's mood swing go away. Using jan-ken-pon, or rock-paper-scissors. They didn't sleep together for a long time either.

I don't remember much about it and I may or may not mix this up with another manga but there was a scene where she climbed up a flag pole because she was angry at her husband. She saw postcards from a female name and assume that the sender was a girl, But when he calmed her, he told her that the person is actually a guy.

I don't remember much more than that. I read this over 10 years ago so the detail are a lot blurry. heck I'm not even sure if that story was the first story in that tankobon I read. Please help! A name of the mangaka would be super appreciated!

Beloved Shapeshifter

I know that this may not help much, but you may be able to look by company on animenewsnetwork.com. Based on your description, it'd have to be before going to the Japanese format because that started gathering popularity in '04, which would mean that it'd be the L-R format. That should narrow it down to being a Viz, Tokyopop, Dark Horse or Comics One title.

Though that still means that it could be any number of titles, it narrowed down possible titles by quite a bit. I'll help look and edit this post if I see any possible candidates. smile

Valiant Gaian

Suiseiten
I know that this may not help much, but you may be able to look by company on animenewsnetwork.com. Based on your description, it'd have to be before going to the Japanese format because that started gathering popularity in '04, which would mean that it'd be the L-R format. That should narrow it down to being a Viz, Tokyopop, Dark Horse or Comics One title.

Though that still means that it could be any number of titles, it narrowed down possible titles by quite a bit. I'll help look and edit this post if I see any possible candidates. smile

I tried but it was a no go. Thanks for helping. ^-^

Beloved Shapeshifter

Nick_austin90
Suiseiten

I tried but it was a no go. Thanks for helping. ^-^
Anytime. It sounds like it's an interesting premise, so if you ever find the title, let me know. There's something about the "Taming of the Shrew" theme that you presented in your synopsis that really appeals to me.

Valiant Gaian

Suiseiten
"Taming of the Shrew"
What does that mean???

Beloved Shapeshifter

Nick_austin90
Suiseiten
"Taming of the Shrew"
What does that mean???
Well, it's a reference to the play by Shakespeare. The woman comes off as particularly callous toward men because of her jaded view on love and courting. She's especially bad with her love interest out of fear, but ultimately falls in love, in short form. From the way it sounds, the main in the series you're looking for, it may be a similar case.

Valiant Gaian

Suiseiten
Nick_austin90
Suiseiten
"Taming of the Shrew"
What does that mean???
Well, it's a reference to the play by Shakespeare. The woman comes off as particularly callous toward men because of her jaded view on love and courting. She's especially bad with her love interest out of fear, but ultimately falls in love, in short form. From the way it sounds, the main in the series you're looking for, it may be a similar case.

Ah, I see.
We don't study Shakespears in my country. Not much so I didn't get what you meant. Thanks for clarifying. ^-^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff