Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi everybody!

Every time I watch Naruto, I always get a huge hankering for ramen. ALWAYS!
So instead of continuously spending all of my money on Ramen bars, I decided to have a go at making it myself.

Now obviously I couldn't just call up Teuchi from the Ichiraku and ask him how he makes it of course lolol, so after much research on ramen recipes and important ingredients, I came up with my own!

I'm sharing it with all of you because I know that I'm not the only Naruto fan who's wanted to sit at the Ichiraku Ramen bar with our beloved main character, and indulge in the amazing treat that he loves so much.

So, my question for all of you before I write up my recipe;

Do you have your own Ramen recipe to share?
What is a food on any anime show that you've always wanted to try?
Have you ever been to Japan to try REAL Ramen?
What is your favourite season of Naruto and why?

Please post your answers, comments and questions in the thread, and enjoy my recipe!

Here is the video I posted on Youtube for those of you who'd like a step by step guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBP36sm6eU&feature=g-upl

Please watch it for better guidance!
----------

Ingredients:

1 Stalk of green onion
1 roll of Narutomaki Fish Cake (you can find these at any asian grocery store)
1 egg
1 thin pork chop
1 bag of Instant Ramen Noodles
1 bag of Dried Seaweed sheets (only using one sheet)
Miso Paste/otherwise known as white soybean paste
Soy sauce
BBQ sauce (or any sauce you would like to cook your pork chop with)

Materials:

Large cooking pot
Deep coking pot
Frying pan
Strainer
Bowl for the ramen
Mini strainer for the miso paste (optional, it's okay if you don't have one)
Cooking chopsticks
Olive oil for the pan
Spatula
Chopping knife

Directions:

1. Fill the Deep Cooking Pot with water over half-way full, put onto the burner for in between High and Medium heat.

2. Place the egg into the pot and let it boil.

3. Fill the Large Cooking Pot with water over half way full also. And, the same as the first step, put the burner on in between High and Medium heat.

4. Put the Ramen Noodles into the pot (JUST the noodles, do not add the flavouring powder that is included in the bag!)

5. Chop the green onion into small pieces

6. Chop TWO slightly thick pieces of the Narutomaki fish cake

7. Take a sheet of dried seaweed and rip it up into small pieces, until you have a small pile

8. Check on the noodles and egg. Please make sure to be doing this the whole time! You don't want them to boil over cause it'll make a mess!

9. Place the frying pan onto the burner. Put the burner onto in between High and Medium heat. With your olive oil, coat the pan. Then place the pork chop into the pan to fry!

10. At this time, your noodles should be done (they should be a soft and squishy-looking consistency).
Put your Ramen Bowl on the bottom of the sink. Place the strainer over top of the bowl. Then (WITH AN OVEN MIT! Please guys don't burn yourselves!) turn the burner OFF, bring the pot to the sink, and pour into the strainer.

11. Do not pour all of the water in, cause it'll over flow lol and we don't want that. Keep an eye on how much water is going into the bowl. You want about just a little bit over halfway full.

12. Pour the rest of the water that is in the pot into the sink. Then place your separated noodles into the ramen bowl.

13. If it is over flowing, you can always get a towl and gently pour some of the water out of the bowl.

14. Check on the pork. You should always be doing this throughout as well because you don't want to over cook it!

15. Now your egg is properly boiled. Turn the burner off and (with an oven mit!) take the pot over to the sink, and pour the water out, making sure you don't pour your egg out too!
Then fill the pot up again, but this time with COLD water. Place back on the burner (but remember to keep the burner off!)

16. Take the pork off of the burner and onto a small plate to cool off.

16. For the ramen broth, take your now filled bowl of ramen to a table surface. With your miso paste, take a spoon and fill it generously. Then, take you mini strainer, place them into the ramen bowl water, and rub it around until it begins to dilute.

17. Add a bit of soy sauce of extra flavour (add as much as you want, but not too much or it will become salty!) Then, mix it all around!

18. With your dried seaweed pile, sprinle it into the ramen and mix it in.

19. Take your cooled off pork chop, cut it in half, and place in on top of the ramen, and on the back lining of the bowl.

20. Take your green onion and sprinkle in on top of the ramen in a small pile.

21. Take your now cooled off egg, drop it a few time onto a hard surface to crack it a little bit, then start peeling the shell off. Once completely peeled, take your chopping knife, and ROLL your egg WHILE you are cutting it to avoid squishing the yolk inside.
The place the egg into the bowl

22. Place the Narutomaki fish cakes anywhere you think they'd look good.

23. YOU ARE DONE!!

---------

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy my recipe!

Please post your questions, comments, and answers to my discussing question in this thread, and let's talk about it!

Dapper Ladykiller

As a vegetarian, I would be horrified to eat anything in Japan.
Land of the rising fish flakes. Mmm.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
If we had nods, I'm pretty sure this is the first thing they take down. Because not anime. Jesus Op, stop being so butthurt about it in the wrong forum and do this I the food forum instead.
Gunnisberg
If we had nods, I'm pretty sure this is the first thing they take down. Because not anime. Jesus Op, stop being so butthurt about it in the wrong forum and do this I the food forum instead.

If we had 'nods' which I will assume you mean mods, I'm sure you would have been banned from this site years ago.
This is about anime. This is a discussion thread.
We are discussing the show, and the recipe.
Stop being so 'butthurt' that your life is so meaningless that you have to hide behind your keyboard and throw around your non existing power by saying that this is in the wrong thread, when it clearly is not.

And you aren't a mod anyway, so your post was pointless and a waste of yours and our time.

Also, you're off topic.

You have been reported, now remove yourself from my thread, and carry on with your terribly fun life of being a troll.

Goodbye.
sinfully_cute
As a vegetarian, I would be horrified to eat anything in Japan.
Land of the rising fish flakes. Mmm.

Lol yeah, I heard Japan is not a great place for vegetarians! Unless you speak the language really well and can ask for certain meals to be meat free, you're outta luck.

My friend who is a vegetarian went there for her brothers wedding and almost starved lol I felt so bad for her!

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

If we had 'nods' which I will assume you mean mods, I'm sure you would have been banned from this site years ago.
Stop being so 'butthurt' that your life is so meaningless that you have to hide behind your keyboard and throw around your non existing power by saying that this is in the wrong thread, when it clearly is not.

And you aren't a mod anyway, so your post was pointless and a waste of yours and our time.

Also, you're off topic.

You have been reported, now remove yourself from my thread, and carry on with your terribly fun life of being a troll.

Goodbye.

Being off topic in an off topic thread. Wow this sure isnt the CB v2.

You know mentioning that you reported someone is a warnable offense. I'm not doing anything wrong asides telling you to do it in the correct forum.
Gunnisberg
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

You know mentioning that you reported someone is a warnable offense. I'm not doing anything wrong asides telling you to do it in the correct forum.

This is not an off topic thread.

I have consulted a 2 different Moderators after you guys ripped on me in the last thread, and they both explained to me that it was alright, as long as I kept it as a discussion thread, by perhaps adding questions for discussions. Which, if you look at the top, I did.

You HAVE done something wrong. Because your 'warning' that this thread is off topic, is incorrect.
Therefor, kindly remove yourself from my thread if you do not wish to discuss this thread ON TOPIC.

Good day.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

This is not an off topic thread.

I have consulted a 2 different Moderators after you guys ripped on me in the last thread, and they both explained to me that it was alright, as long as I kept it as a discussion thread, by perhaps adding questions for discussions. Which, if you look at the top, I did.

You HAVE done something wrong. Because your 'warning' that this thread is off topic, is incorrect.
Therefor, kindly remove yourself from my thread if you do not wish to discuss this thread ON TOPIC.

Good day.

Hey Looks its in Chatterbox. Guess whose wrong.(Its definitely not me) Also quote what the "mods" said because the last time I checked the a/m/c mods are offline. unless you consulted different mods, then that means jack s**t.

Lastly LEARN TO READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES! emotion_awesome

Mega Sex Symbol

oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

Actually there is an anime form, you will not find any nice people in the CB. I wanna try like real ramen sooo bad. but i hate fish and bbq ;o

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
lol, Chatterboxed!

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
iFun Size
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

Actually there is an anime form, you will not find any nice people in the CB. I wanna try like real ramen sooo bad. but i hate fish and bbq ;o

Dude that was the wrong forum, dont feed her anymore of CB's stupidity.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iFun Size
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

they posted this in the AMC, it didn't belong there since it was discussing food, not anime so the mods Chatterboxed it.

Mega Sex Symbol

Mugetsu Ookamiza
iFun Size
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

they posted this in the AMC, it didn't belong there since it was discussing food, not anime so the mods Chatterboxed it.

Ohh i see, lol why the chatterbox xD
Don't they have a food one too? o:

Mega Sex Symbol

Gunnisberg
iFun Size
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

Dude that was the wrong forum, dont feed her anymore of CB's stupidity.

*feeds her stupidity*

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iFun Size
Mugetsu Ookamiza
iFun Size
oO.shikamaru_lover.Oo
Gunnisberg

Also, you're off topic.

Goodbye.

Ohh i see, lol why the chatterbox xD
Don't they have a food one too? o:
they posted about it in the Food & Drink forum, too, then claimed posting it in two forums wasn't repeat spam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff