Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
My rabbit, Cash slept most of yesterday, after being neutered. The second he got up and crawled into my lap, there was a massive amount of blood all over my lap randomly. All I felt was wet and warm, and I thought he pissed on me actually. Looked at his underside which was bleeding profusely from his genitals and just began to scream. I had no idea what was wrong.

I was able to get a hold of my vet, even after they closed for the day. Thank god! One of the sutures inside the scrotum that were put in had popped out of place and slit open the scrotum, causing him to bleed very heavily.

He is all fixed up, and should be alright. He is limited to his carry cage, so he can barely move, on the vets orders. We need to keep him still like this for a few days, so it doesn't happen again. I don't think I ever came that close to having a heart attack before. I stood in her office in tears. She said it was a serious enough bleed that if I had waited much longer he prolly would have died. crying

I asked her why something would happen like that, and she just stared at me, and told me it's a rare thing that happens, and there really isn't a reason on why it happens. He goes back tomorrow to be checked up on, and made sure he is alright.
My vet also did not charge me, since she knows I'm currently unemployed, and gave me a hug, promising that if he needed serious help, she would hold off the bills and let me make small payments every month without interest. I love his vet so much. She is a wonderful lady.

But now he is stuck in his tiny travel cage for days, and constantly doped up so he doesn't move around and make it worse. I just want to take him out and hold him close. I came so close to losing my baby. crying

This top picture was of him sleeping right before all hell broke loose.
User Image
User Image

~~ Any hateful, cruel, or just plain wrong posts in here will be deleted. I am actually upset over my rabbit's health. I do NOT want to read posts that are mocking my pain and worries for my baby boy.~~

lyddieplum's Partner

Poor thing emotion_8c
I'm sure he'll be up and hopping around in no time. I would have been really scared too.

Super Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I hope everything gets better, but props to your vet. I lost a ferret about a year ago because none of the local vets would do anything unless i paid 100% up front and I didnt have a spare 2 grand lying around :c

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
ohval
Poor thing emotion_8c
I'm sure he'll be up and hopping around in no time. I would have been really scared too.

I hope so. I'm terrified to leave him alone for even a minute right now. sad

I keep hovering over him because I'm terrified if I look away he'll bleed again. crying

Brainy Humorist

That is so so sad!
I had a rabbit once.

Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
aww hope hes okay soon cry

does he have a tat tho........lmao

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Cotton Whimsy
I hope everything gets better, but props to your vet. I lost a ferret about a year ago because none of the local vets would do anything unless i paid 100% up front and I didn't have a spare 2 grand lying around :c

I really do love my vet. She is great. She told me if he has scrotal hemorrhages, which is highly possible after the suture popping out, it is fatal, but can be fixed quickly, but is about a $5k surgery. She told me she'll push off the bills and let me pay in small increments and not up front. She knows me well, and knows I'm unemployed and really strapped for money right now.

I'm hoping it gets better and quickly. I'm a walking wreck right now.

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
bad lana

Yup that is a tat in his ear. Before we got him cut he was a show rabbit. And a big winner too.

Hence the tat.

Camera-Ready Star

28,900 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Party Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
awww...get well soon cash! I know how it feels to almost lose a beloved pet. emo

Beloved Bunny

14,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
NEET1337
That is so so sad!
I had a rabbit once.

crying

What happened to your bunny?

Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
-Love Roleplaying-
bad lana

Yup that is a tat in his ear. Before we got him cut he was a show rabbit. And a big winner too.

Hence the tat.

oh right....

Super Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
-Love Roleplaying-
Cotton Whimsy
I hope everything gets better, but props to your vet. I lost a ferret about a year ago because none of the local vets would do anything unless i paid 100% up front and I didn't have a spare 2 grand lying around :c

I really do love my vet. She is great. She told me if he has scrotal hemorrhages, which is highly possible after the suture popping out, it is fatal, but can be fixed quickly, but is about a $5k surgery. She told me she'll push off the bills and let me pay in small increments and not up front. She knows me well, and knows I'm unemployed and really strapped for money right now.

I'm hoping it gets better and quickly. I'm a walking wreck right now.

As long as he doesn't get rowdy before he heals up, he should likely be fine 3nodding just make sure you keep a close watch on him, especially when he starts moving around again

Brainy Humorist

-Love Roleplaying-
NEET1337
That is so so sad!
I had a rabbit once.

crying

What happened to your bunny?

Died of natural causes.
It lived 5 long years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items