Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm home with my girlfriend during break, and the walls are really thin.

We're trying to watch Ink Master, and other shows as a family, but they PAUSE THE ******** SHOW EVERY TWO MINUTES, then my dad goes on a tirade about the artwork, my mom asks questions, they're so ******** loud.

It takes us two and a half hours to watch an hour long show because they pause it so much.

Also, my dad is going deaf, and he uses surround sound. I swear, I'm losing my ability to hear because of this.

And yes, I've tried telling them to be quiet, keep it down, etc. DOES NO GOOD AT ALL.

My girlfriend can't sleep in our room, EVEN with the door shut and fan on for white noise, and my parents don't give a ********. sad

I'M MAKING AN ANGRY JOURNAL RANT AND TREATING LD LIKE MY DIARY BECAUSE I AM A STUPID ******** AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS.

Discuss,

- Does your family annoy you? What about them bugs the hell out of you?

- Who are your LEAST favorite family members? Why?

- Is there anyone in your family you honestly and utterly hate?

- What are some of the worst, most terrible, annoying things your family has ever done? Any stories?

- Do you have any friends who have a family you find annoying? Does your significant other have annoying family members? Tell us some annoying family stories.
Video tape it and sell on the internet

Lonely Noob

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Sucks for yooooooooooooooou
emotion_awesome

The Committee Staff Member

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Speech Jammer Gun

Or you could ask them to be quiet and ask questions after the show is over.

Does your family annoy you? What about them bugs the hell out of you?
Not at all.

I can't say I have one. We're family.

Nope.

- What are some of the worst, most terrible, annoying things your family has ever done? Any stories?
One morning when I felt like sleeping in, they'd constantly talk out loud. Never mind the fact that they would tell me sometimes to be quiet when someone was sleeping.

- Do you have any friends who have a family you find annoying? Does your significant other have annoying family members? Tell us some annoying family stories.
I don't get involved with my friends family affairs unless he brings it up, which in most cases, he doesn't.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Sucks for yooooooooooooooou
emotion_awesome

lol

is it sorta like this ?
Offizier Wolfgang

Speech Jammer Gun

Not at all.

Nope.

One morning when I felt like sleeping in, they'd constantly talk out loud. Never mind the fact that they would tell me sometimes to be quiet when someone was sleeping.

I don't get involved with my friends family affairs unless he brings it up, which in most cases, he doesn't.

Of course I tell them to keep it down, they just get annoyed. Nothing works.

The Committee Staff Member

Namekuji Kimi
Offizier Wolfgang

Speech Jammer Gun

Not at all.

Nope.

Of course I tell them to keep it down, they just get annoyed. Nothing works.

You really need to get your hands on that speech jammer. Other than that, I'm not sure what else will help. Maybe you should get revenge. Nothing extreme, but to the point they're bothered.

Hellraiser

I know that feel!

- Does your family annoy you? What about them bugs the hell out of you?
Yes because they won't leave things in the past, they have to bring it up and cause fights and issues and stress.

My mom and dad. They cause me the most stress by not believing in me, kicking me when I'm down, and again they bring up my mistakes.

Above ^

My mom called me a b***h and got into a physical fight with me.

- Do you have any friends who have a family you find annoying? Does your significant other have annoying family members?
Yes, I just hear about them though.
And as for my SO, I've heard s**t.
Shoot them.

Dapper Phantom

...Wait your GF sleeps over at your PARENT'S house and you want them to let you shut the door and drown them out? Usually people do that to ********. I don't know what the rules are in your house, but most parents are not ok with that. Is there a reason you can't get your own place? If you don't like their rules, you should probably move out.

I'm pretty lucky because my parents let us shut the door and turn white noise on, usually so that we don't disturb others. We are both adults. He is only over a couple times a week at most, though.

My family doesn't do much to annoy me, nor do I have a "least favorite" family member. The only thing that sucks is when my step dad has really serious rage fits. I've had to call the cops on him a few times. Despite that, he is not my "least favorite" family member.

On the other hand, I really don't like my BF's family. They would never let us sleep over-- they claimed we were having sex on their couch (utterly not true at all in any way whatsoever). They do a lot of weird s**t on his house and it's why I try to let him come over here to escape as much as he can, but my family says he can't live with us or "practically" live with us by staying too much. I don't resent my parents for this, and I understand why they have these rules in place.

I think the most annoying things my BF's family does is that they make a ton of assumptions and then gossip. The gossip stories hardly resemble the original s**t they heard, which they also take out of context. Things are slowly getting better but basically I hate how paranoid his mother can be sometimes. Then she'll turn around and like, not address her younger sons, who are both mentally ill. There's a lot of stories I could tell about that, but to keep it short, they have no respect for authority and express no remorse for their wrong doings, and one of them is 13, the other is just 12. These boys are going to be ******** criminals by the time they're young adults unless she does something about it. But she actually would rather waste a lot more time saying I'm a pervert and a deviant and freaking out about that. Fortunately, she stopped that recently (like as in the last month or so). However, she's done that before and got back to being a crazy person again so I don't really have any trust here. I am always walking on eggshells with his family, and have to hide who I am, my true personality and my hobbies, because they are passively homophobic, and if I do anything "gay" it makes them feel validated in their assumptions about what gay people "are".

I think the most annoying s**t that's happened is like they accused us of ******** in their living room, his mom called me a ***** (she apologized for it but still), they'd say my BF would only visit me for sex (not true), and they believed all of the paranoid rantings of his sister's best friend, who was living with them, but that girl hated me because I am gay and she is Catholic. She has only unkind things to say about gay people, though she generally "keeps it to herself". However, she was a large instrument in my boyfriend's family hating me without even really knowing me. And every time I made an effort to get to know them, they'd basically ignore me and made sure the tension was really high.

Fortunately, most of that has blow over. They hate that girl and they've basically tried to kick her out. My BF's mom was trying to let her save up money so she could move out properly, but she's been constantly causing a lot of drama, and enabling their daughter who cheated on her boyfriend with a guy 5 years older than her. She's taken over a month to move out, gradually removing her things, to everyone's annoyance. And since my BF's sister cheater on her BF (who is now her ex), his family started liking me more, saying that at least I don't cheat and at least they know we use protection (they freaked out when they found our condoms). Suddenly a lot of the s**t they used to be mad at me about are things they are praising us for. My BF also overheard his mom (he was eavesdropping) saying that she cares about ME (what?!) because her son loves me very much and she wants to be there for us. This is UNHEARD OF... So yeah, I am hoping things are getting better, and that their previously insane behavior is a thing of the past.
Hitch Slap
...Wait your GF sleeps over at your PARENT'S house and you want them to let you shut the door and drown them out? Usually people do that to ********. I don't know what the rules are in your house, but most parents are not ok with that. Is there a reason you can't get your own place? If you don't like their rules, you should probably move out.

I'm pretty lucky because my parents let us shut the door and turn white noise on, usually so that we don't disturb others. We are both adults. He is only over a couple times a week at most, though.

My family doesn't do much to annoy me, nor do I have a "least favorite" family member. The only thing that sucks is when my step dad has really serious rage fits. I've had to call the cops on him a few times. Despite that, he is not my "least favorite" family member.

On the other hand, I really don't like my BF's family. They would never let us sleep over-- they claimed we were having sex on their couch (utterly not true at all in any way whatsoever). They do a lot of weird s**t on his house and it's why I try to let him come over here to escape as much as he can, but my family says he can't live with us or "practically" live with us by staying too much. I don't resent my parents for this, and I understand why they have these rules in place.

I think the most annoying things my BF's family does is that they make a ton of assumptions and then gossip. The gossip stories hardly resemble the original s**t they heard, which they also take out of context. Things are slowly getting better but basically I hate how paranoid his mother can be sometimes. Then she'll turn around and like, not address her younger sons, who are both mentally ill. There's a lot of stories I could tell about that, but to keep it short, they have no respect for authority and express no remorse for their wrong doings, and one of them is 13, the other is just 12. These boys are going to be ******** criminals by the time they're young adults unless she does something about it. But she actually would rather waste a lot more time saying I'm a pervert and a deviant and freaking out about that. Fortunately, she stopped that recently (like as in the last month or so). However, she's done that before and got back to being a crazy person again so I don't really have any trust here. I am always walking on eggshells with his family, and have to hide who I am, my true personality and my hobbies, because they are passively homophobic, and if I do anything "gay" it makes them feel validated in their assumptions about what gay people "are".

I think the most annoying s**t that's happened is like they accused us of ******** in their living room, his mom called me a ***** (she apologized for it but still), they'd say my BF would only visit me for sex (not true), and they believed all of the paranoid rantings of his sister's best friend, who was living with them, but that girl hated me because I am gay and she is Catholic. She has only unkind things to say about gay people, though she generally "keeps it to herself". However, she was a large instrument in my boyfriend's family hating me without even really knowing me. And every time I made an effort to get to know them, they'd basically ignore me and made sure the tension was really high.

Fortunately, most of that has blow over. They hate that girl and they've basically tried to kick her out. My BF's mom was trying to let her save up money so she could move out properly, but she's been constantly causing a lot of drama, and enabling their daughter who cheated on her boyfriend with a guy 5 years older than her. She's taken over a month to move out, gradually removing her things, to everyone's annoyance. And since my BF's sister cheater on her BF (who is now her ex), his family started liking me more, saying that at least I don't cheat and at least they know we use protection (they freaked out when they found our condoms). Suddenly a lot of the s**t they used to be mad at me about are things they are praising us for. My BF also overheard his mom (he was eavesdropping) saying that she cares about ME (what?!) because her son loves me very much and she wants to be there for us. This is UNHEARD OF... So yeah, I am hoping things are getting better, and that their previously insane behavior is a thing of the past.

We're ADULTS, they don't care. They know we screw, but my girlfriend is like a daughter to them, and my parents aren't conservative. My girlfriend and I share a bed every night, we're always behind closed doors, and they don't care.

Also, I said we're home for break, as in from UNIVERSITY, as in, I usually live in dorms.

I'm not going to get my own apartment just for when I'm on break.
Hitch Slap

And to clarify, I meant that my girlfriend IS sleeping with the door shut, and fan on. I am simply saying that neither of those things help drown the noise.

I apologize if that was not clear, that is on me.

Dapper Phantom

Namekuji Kimi
We're ADULTS, they don't care. They know we screw, but my girlfriend is like a daughter to them, and my parents aren't conservative. My girlfriend and I share a bed every night, we're always behind closed doors, and they don't care.

Also, I said we're home for break, as in from UNIVERSITY, as in, I usually live in dorms.

I'm not going to get my own apartment just for when I'm on break.
You made it sound like you're not allowed to close your door and turn a fan on. That's why I replied the way I did.

What about her? Why doesn't she have a place?

Namekuji Kimi
And to clarify, I meant that my girlfriend IS sleeping with the door shut, and fan on. I am simply saying that neither of those things help drown the noise.

I apologize if that was not clear, that is on me.
Ok, that makes a bit more sense.

Even though you don't want a temporary apartment that might be a good idea of your "vacation" is hell with your parents. You may be able to find people who are willing to let to stay with them for the break if you chip into their rent, for instance. It's temporary, after all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff