Welcome to Gaia! ::

That's because you're only looking into what's popular in the mainstream and not at the entire musical spectrum. Almost all pop music is designed to be catchy enough to sell, not enough to have any merit.

If you want a good band then listen to Flesh Field.

Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
There's good music, it's just that you have to think like a hipster to find it and go really underground. Most real talent doesn't get paid well because they won't sell out/autotune the s**t out of their voice/go on reality TV shows.

Are

Are

Are you kidding?

Not at all, my boy. For example, take a look at the pipes on this beauty from a band called Tennis. They put out their best selling album in 2011 (yes, that modern). I'm willing to bet you haven't heard of the group before, but they're lovely. And best of all, it's all real, no fake voices here:

iirc Tennis does use Autotune on their album.

Over two hundred thousand listeners =! Obscure.

Even then, Autotune =! Bad in any sense. Auotunes #1 use is to save money.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
I don't listen to the mainstream crap. You could find good things if you look hard.

I had no idea music was about issues. I thought it was about love...?
J.Cole
Jay Z+Kanye West album that just came out
The upcoming ASAP Rocky
Kendrick Lamar
Childish Gambino
Schoolboy Q
Fabolous releasing a great, well known mixtape
(I only listen to rap really)
So we can just rule out these great accomplishments by these artist because you only listen to bullshit?
Look at the siggy, and respect it.

4,600 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
IKR i especially hate lady gaga shes a whore and shes a bad example for kids lol.

Enduring Phantom

Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
There's good music, it's just that you have to think like a hipster to find it and go really underground. Most real talent doesn't get paid well because they won't sell out/autotune the s**t out of their voice/go on reality TV shows.

Are

Are

Are you kidding?

Not at all, my boy. For example, take a look at the pipes on this beauty from a band called Tennis. They put out their best selling album in 2011 (yes, that modern). I'm willing to bet you haven't heard of the group before, but they're lovely. And best of all, it's all real, no fake voices here:

Well they still sound just as good live as they do on the album, so the autotune has not become an issue. It's doing what it was meant to do, give an enhancement, not block out, and that's what makes it acceptable here.

When you put that two hundred thousand in context, I'd say it's a pretty small amount. Besides, when have you ever heard of or met someone who knew about this band prior to this? I have yet to see the day.

And just to be clear, are you stating that you don't like them? I couldn't tell if you were referring to the group or autotuning as bad. It's fine in any sense, not everyone likes that style of music, nor do they have to.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Axel Brodin
People in the music forum are all metal heads. So don't let them see you sayin that. Their taste sucks. But that's a matter of opinion. They most like new crap.
?.. Which music forum? The metal forum maybe
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti

Are

Are

Are you kidding?

Well they still sound just as good live as they do on the album, so the autotune has not become an issue. It's doing what it was meant to do, give an enhancement, not block out, and that's what makes it acceptable here.

When you put that two hundred thousand in context, I'd say it's a pretty small amount. Besides, when have you ever heard of or met someone who knew about this band prior to this? I have yet to see the day.

And just to be clear, are you stating that you don't like them? I couldn't tell if you were referring to the group or autotuning as bad. It's fine in any sense, not everyone likes that style of music, nor do they have to.

Autotunes biggest use is with saving money on producing. Fixing small errors. There are a few flaws in the video you posted with her voice.

Not really. I only consider something obscure if it has under 20k on last.fm because you have to add more humans.

I didn't state anything about them.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
As far as my opinion on today's music, there are quite a few old artists still making great music. As far as my favorite modern artists, most of them are hip hop artists like Soul Khan and Jedi Mind Tricks. I also enjoy the black keys from time to some but admittedly most of my music library consists of punk rock, blues, alternative country, rock and roll, Rockabilly, Jazz, And others.
A lot of music is catchy but I haven't found a single song or artist I actually enjoy from this era.
Even if I end up liking a song, it eventually gets overplayed and I start hating it after a week.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti

Are

Are

Are you kidding?

Autotunes biggest use is with saving money on producing. Fixing small errors. There are a few flaws in the video you posted with her voice.

Not really. I only consider something obscure if it has under 20k on last.fm because you have to add more humans.

I discovered that i am the only person with plays from the dj bonebreak trio. I think I broke it or something.
You go on the big label to make money, you go on the independent label to make music.

Enduring Phantom

Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti
Juxtaposed the Angel
Resonare Praeteriti

Are

Are

Are you kidding?

True, and I understand that with autotuning. It helps the artist be money smart. I just have a distaste for it when you can't even hardly tell what the actual voice sounds like, and when you hear the artist actually sing you're disappointed because the album version sounded better. My prime example is Blink182, they're horrendous live and yet their albums still sell.

And I suppose so, but I still consider it a relatively underground group, seeing as the amount of people that listen to them aren't even enough to make up one sixth the population of Mexico City, haha. I'd call under twenty thousand more of a garage band.

I guess that part was just my derpy interpretation skills that surface late at night, then. Must've misread something. sweatdrop
There's still good music out there. It's just that the media chooses to show all the crappy songs. You should look more though. There are some bands and singers that are worth listening to nowadays biggrin

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
There's always pointless music meant to do nothing more than make money for the corporation. ALWAYS. For all the times we wax nostalgia for 'good music', it wasn't always appreciated because there were gobs of crap that clogged the system at the time. There's always people saying 'the music back then, now those are the hits' and there's probably good music now and we don't realize it yet. It's weird how nostalgia works.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff