beastie allupons
Draconic Star
vvhimsical
Draconic Oni
beastie allupons
Draconic Star
beastie allupons
Draconic Star
It's how I got Oni's avi. x3 Someone gifted me the Fafnir doll and I wanted to match it somewhat. I found the wings in Loyal's and went from there. xD
You probably saw Crimsonlegendsx threads about it. XD It's one event I wish I could of originally played, despite the fact I've heard from originals that it was buggy as heck. I missed it by six months. 8( All my accounts were chanced with the potions released last year in the Treehouse.

Aha, I see. I love the purpley bits in it as well....Blue's my fav color... xD
Maybe? I think it was a petition to have another kind of base for the grombie...?
Yeah the whole site was back in the day I've heard....Bwaaah that sucks! D; At least you got in on it eventually I guess? Ahh kickass, I wondered what that was for. I didn't realize it was there until after the event.... emotion_facepalm
Blue-purple is technically my favorite color, though I usually just say 'purple'.
The Prombie petition, probs. If that ever happened, I'd switch over in a hurry. XD The Grunny green can be painful to match.
Yea, I had the misfortune of joining when the botting was really bad on the site. Luckily I escaped with my original accounts intact. |D (although the others I've abandoned since then, Oni is the only one left from that time)
My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that they had been released. I had been waiting since I had heard about the skins back in 200....uh...2007 I believe. I burned something like 2-3 mil on them since I didn't have enough wing stickers. The original Grombies (there's still some around) had mixed feelings about it though. Something about getting their avis perma-changed into the avi system. Although, most of them welcomed their potion-converted brethren with open arms. XD

[/hijacks conversation]
I'm a stage 3 grombie. <3 Probably could've been a four... don't think I would've made it to five.
When you first started the event, no one knew what the grombies would look like... even though people had made it to each of those stages. It took about a day before people changed. (I think it was about a day? Could've been half a day. I don't know. So long ago.)
So. The grombie effect took change right before I'd made it to stage three. ...And once I saw the other stages, I stopped at 3. XD Did. not. want. other. stages.
Anyway, yeahhhh I still remember the event. I remember it fondly now, but it totally shaped my Gaia experience. It was hell. Complete and utter hell. The site kept breaking so it was barely up. Posts were sooo laggy, not even counting the fact that most people were on dial-up to begin with. D; And it was glitchy. Your goal was to collect goo. You'd earn "goo" at random if you post landed below someone who had more goo than you did. It wasn't guaranteed. But you wouldn't get goo if the person above you had less.
People tried to make threads for certain goo levels to help speed up the process. Many people broke thread rules and would post in threads even though they weren't at the level that the thread requested. It was a s**t storm. A very slow, molasses s**t storm. Just a bunch of angry, frustrated people. Everyone. The admins even promised to extend the event a day and then cut it short, pissing off a lot of people who went to bed thinking that they could post again the next day. It only lasted over a weekend. Saturday, Sunday and part of Monday morning. (Maybe Friday night? Er, it's getting hazy.)
Anyway, the worst part about it were the months following the event. It was a while before grombies were oohed and awed. Most people automatically labeled a grombie as a jerk because there's no way someone could've finished the event without being a jerk. (I did it without being a jerk, but only because I played from the start of the event. <.<; )

Anyway @ .@ a trip down memory lane. XD; Sorry about that. I wasn't going to ramble, but I did.
I was one of the people who was against the re-release of the grombie skins. It was a badge of something I went through. ... I wasn't happy when the skins were released for wing stickers. By that time, I was okay with the thought of a re-release if people had to work for it. ...Er, not go through the same hell, but at least have to put a few hours of meaningless grinding into it. You know, only the people who really wanted it would get it.
... But now? XD; I don't know. Everything has been re-released. And I'm okay with it. That whole era is over anyway. No one cares about grombies anymore when we have so many other skins and bases. I've seen that the only people who got and kept the skins are ones who embrace the grombie... so~ yeah. We all might as well have a shot at getting an item we love.

And all of that was just because all I wanted to say was that it's cool that you're embracing the grombie life. That's gotta be neat to get the skin. I know I'd feel that way. Heck, I feel that way because I now own a couple of the 03 MCs that I never would've owned. Feels great.
Oh, beastie, we haz a hacker on our hands!
Oddly enough it quoted this account instead of my main. It's why I didn't reply immediately. I was in zomg. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I'll be honest, that's the most I have ever heard about the event, and now it makes perfect sense why some people would be upset, especially with a awful fiasco like so. I woulda been one of those poor saps on dial up, and at the time I had just turned 16, although I was a very immature 16.
(And it looks like some parts of Gaia haven't changed much, otl xD) And yes, if Gaia had made it to where we had to work for them, I definitely would of (at least on Oni). The event grindfest I remember doing was the one Easter event where you had to clicky all the little winged eggs. I clicked my way up to the Pink Bunny Slippers.

Yea, nowadays everything is up in the air. There are many other bases. (And believe me, I've tried so many of these. When the Demonbusters event was said and done, I remained a vampire until the release of Skin Tyte, then I was a light-skinned dark elf for a long time as well. I've also been a centaur, angel imp, Gimpi, and glomphie.) But the Grombies have always appealed to me. It's a bunch of things (The Grunnies, the skin tone, the manga, the lore). However, it was definitely reading the manga as a newbie that got me interested in the first place.

I think it's happened so often that we are all okay with it. XD I happen to be fond of the majority of the vintage MC's myself, so I'm really happy that you were able to finally get the ones you wanted! mrgreen

gonk gonk Ahh I knew I should've clicked that! What an excellent history lesson. Ahh sounds fun in theory but maddening...Omg I can imagine the pixely tension. Dx Ahaha Gaia broke their promises back in the day too...Although that was due to lack of funding and staff more than anything, I'm sure. </3 D; Hmm I bet a lot of people switched them from the pressure even...Womg I never would've thought that. o.o

Hurrdurr I was real immature on here back in the day...I think I was 14-16 on here then.... emotion_facepalm
I kinda want to play around with a centaur av, tho I do like being a dark elf...So easy and there's a lot of skin mods. xD
Yea, noone could fault Gaia back then for stuff like that, methinks.

Vira's my second centaur avi. XD Ambrose Oni (may he rest in piece) was my first before I made him a merman.

Serpentine Guest

Adored Lunatic

Super Spirit

BMPP pt. 131!!!
******** I keep forgetting about all the mertails....

Aged Misfit

I'm really sleepy. I didn't get enough sleep...

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items