Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji yaoi fanbrats who hate all women in these series cause they get in the way of Ciel/Alois, Ciel/Sebastian, Hibari/Mukuro, or any male paring with Tsuna.

The Shirley and Lelouch/Shirley fanbase...well the more vocal and diehard part of it to be exact. Why you might ask? Cause never in all the years I have been on the internet (since 2006) was I ever this bashed/flamed on so much for hating an single character and paring while loving the character who destoryed everything between the two. Some lulzy remarks I got from these fans "I hope you die and burn in hell cause you deserve since you like that rag/It" "OMG *insert spoiler here* you deserve to be tortured and killed for liking Rolo." "I bet your ugly and a f*****t just like Rolo is." Lets just say I avoid most of this fanbase unless I know they will respect my opinions and we can find something else we both love and have in common.

Then again the whole shipping war revolving around Lelouch/Shirley,CC,Kallen is pretty lame I support Lelouch/Harem (as long as Shirley isn't in it and Euphie is in her place instead) and Rolo/Harem with Suzaku and Gino being Sunohara to Rolo and Lelouch's Tomoya. So that way everyone wins.

Gundam elitist who claim that everything outside of UC is either a ripoff or s**t and thinking they are superior cause they like the original timeline.
          ████████████████ MONOCHROMEMINT SAYS. . .

一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一一►

I don't think it's an issue of fandom so much as the fans themselves.

There are just some people that take things to the extremes, no matter what they like, especially when it comes to ships. The younger fans are also a problem most often, so the anime that aim for a younger fanbase are often seen as the most obnoxious. Of course you also have fans that like the more mature series and believe themselves superior because of their more "sophisticated" taste.

████████████████████████████████
there are many, many MANY, terrible homestuck fans. mainly, the people who read it SOLELY for the trolls, the people who skip to act 5, the people who skip ANY PART OF IT.
and lets not mention the bucket jokes.
PLEASE, NO.
someone earlier in this thread commented on the large amounts of homestuck cosplayers and how they take zero effort. as someone who has cosplayer homestuck, i'd have to disagree. it was pretty damn difficult to paint myself gray, not to mention some of the ridiculous hair some of the characters have. (the god tier outfits are much more costumey, too)

i've never had any bad encounters with the pmmm fandom, and i'm glad for that. (though, now that you mention it, the people who hate on kyousuke and hitomi are pretty damn annoying)

Ruthless Sweetheart

Lunar Raine
Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, hands down.

Shipping wars and gender wars. Yes, people are actually arguing about whether Grell is a transsexual or just a flamboyant gay man, thanks to a mistranslated fan translation and the fact that Japan portrays/handles the LGBT community far differently than the West does. It gets really, really ugly on Tumblr.

So the thing is, Grell is an okama, which is a Japanese stereotype of a transvestite. Usually gay, these men are extremely effeminate and enjoy crossdressing. They identify as male, but they joke around about being born in the wrong body, wanting sex changes, etc. The social justice fangirls insist that Grell's a transsexual woman and that you're insulting the entire trans* community if you don't refer to him with feminine pronouns. They will rip you apart and literally have temper tantrums if you dare to call him a man.

That's more about how goddamn crazy people are on 'social justice' Tumblr than it is about the Kuroshitsuji fandom as a whole, though.

I've never seen anybody act like SebaCiel isn't shota unless they have actually aged him up in their fanworks. He's 12 when the show starts, of course it's a shota pairing, and I fully understand how people acting like it somehow doesn't count would tick you off.

Sparkly Star

15,940 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ShadowedMoonlight
That's more about how goddamn crazy people are on 'social justice' Tumblr than it is about the Kuroshitsuji fandom as a whole, though.
I dunno...these are serious fans of the series, not just plain old social justice white knights. This wasn't on tumblr, but I actually saw this girl throw a fit when someone translated the text on some concept art of Grell and posted it. He's got a chain dangling over one of his thighs, and it's a wallet chain. That's what it says. This girl freaked out and said that Grell wouldn't have a wallet because it's too manly.

Ruthless Sweetheart

Lunar Raine
ShadowedMoonlight
I dunno...these are serious fans of the series, not just plain old social justice white knights. This wasn't on tumblr, but I actually saw this girl throw a fit when someone translated the text on some concept art of Grell and posted it. He's got a chain dangling over one of his thighs, and it's a wallet chain. That's what it says. This girl freaked out and said that Grell wouldn't have a wallet because it's too manly.
Jeez, that is stupid on so many levels. Ok, I might start to concede your point on this.

I've had my own issues with Kuroshitsuji fans, even though I am one, but they're mostly about how much I loathe and detest the second season of the anime.

Gracious Tycoon

Hoc cor mei metum atrum lacrimat...

Not really a fandom, but the seasonal anime watchers. Most of them are fine, but there's a specific group of them that think they're the s**t for watching adaptions of stories that others have already read or played. Plus, they seem to look down on people who talk about older anime.

There's also the extreme slash yaoi fandom. I'm fine with the yaoi fandom and some of the slash yaoi fandom. I mean, the main characters of No. 6 are just asking to be paired, but mortal enemies stay mortal enemies (I'm looking at you, Shizaya fangirls) and bros are just bros. No need for every straight guy in a series to go ******** with every other straight guy in the series.

...atqui animus meus insaniam sanguinat albam.

Hilarious Conversationalist

Well, I know the Hetalia and Kuoshitsuji fandoms totally killed both animes for me. They just got to being WAY to annoying for me. I'm also pretty tired of seeing Homestuck everywhere. I tried it out, didn't like it at all and don't understand how people can.

And then there's the Sonic fans. Being an actual Sonic fan myself I feel safe saying that most fans are freaking insane. With the creepy fetish art, annoying "OCs" that are just recolored versions of existing characters, and constant squeeing over Shadow I can't stand the fandom. Then the ones that don't do all that, complain about EVERY SINGLE GAME that isn't classic. It just irritates me. They NEVER stop complaining. Ever.

Interesting Phantom

I support Lituania x Belarus!
But actually, I don't mind the Hetalia fanbase much. whee I've never really gotten flamed at for preferring a pairing.
Being around Russia brings out the crazy side of Belarus... xp Which is why I prefer her with Lituania. But anyone is free to disagree, whatever.

What I don't like is when fans dislike "the entire female cast" for "getting in the way" with yaoi. Not that I don't enjoy yaoi from time to time, but I can't wrap around the mind of fans who have that reason for disliking all the female characters... xd
Kuro Krusnik
Kriemhild Gretchen
Homestuck. HOLY HELL IS THE FANDOM ANNOYING.

I like reading homestuck. I have no beef with the author or the work, but the obnoxious fantards make me upset to be part of the fandom. They make it seem like it's the best thing since sliced bread and chastise you if you don't read/like it. They always seem to have this stagnant air of superiority around them that makes them think they're better than you just because they have read Homestuck and you haven't. Few of the most common excuses I hear are "You just hate reading" (referring to it's lengthy chatlog-esque way of dialogue) or "It's probably too complicated for you to understand" (in reference of it's confusing plot twists).

I know I could simply look it up on Google but, if you don't mind, could you explain to me what it's about from your own view? I've never really heard of it sweatdrop

Oh. It's about 4 kids playing a game that causes the end of the world. trolls are aliens and betty crocker was their queen.
Definitely Hetalia, as pretty much everyone already said.

But I'm surprised to see K-ON and Angel Beats on that list. I've yet to come across an annoying fan for those animes.

Not even sure why Gundam Seed is on there too.

Mega Fatcat

digihearts35
Hetalia: self explanatory
Haruhi Suzumiya: Those people have...issues

I just started watching the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I've actually never heard about it before I found it. I didn't think that there were a lot of fans for that at all. Where do they hide? I need to find these issued people and become one with them!

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
          Kaichou wa Maid-sama.
          Didn't see that coming didja?
          The people around me, whoever watched it, have a tendency to mold into the characters, such as guys thinking if all they wear are uniforms and jump around that they'll be cool, and girls thinking when they have a boyfriend they should be all spartan violent on them sometimes and be completely submissive other times.

All Bishounens's Princess

Sparkling Bunny

Hetalia, enough said. also yaoi fans, GOD SOMEONE SHUT THEIR FRIGGIN' MOUTHS! scream

All Bishounens's Princess

Sparkling Bunny

x_CreamyCakes_x
Well, I know the Hetalia and Kuoshitsuji fandoms totally killed both animes for me. They just got to being WAY to annoying for me. I'm also pretty tired of seeing Homestuck everywhere. I tried it out, didn't like it at all and don't understand how people can.

I don't get why people like those series. ._.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff