Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Consumer 100
*watches and eat fried Chicken* 3nodding

Scholarly Student

curtneko

Remember though, being logical doesn't mean it to be true.
Well then people can argue what friendship really is.
In the end, it's made clear that someone is acting selfish.
But we are all selfish and we all hurt people close to us (to some extent, both willingly and unwillingly), so why do we act as if it's something sacred?
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
curtneko

But we are all selfish and we all hurt people close to us (to some extent, both willingly and unwillingly), so why do we act as if it's something sacred?

Logic is defining the gears of a drive.
If Logic fails to define the gears by logic and definition it isn't logic.

IRL Cat

K i n g X u m o t - XVI
curtneko

stop with all this psychological bullshit for once in your life, xumot

if your friends up and left without even have the decency to inform you personally (instead having to hear through someone else or as a general statement), you'd be upset

Devoted Lover

12,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Binary Mess
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Binary Mess

That isn't even the issue.
The issue is if people want to stop being on a website then let them.
It's not selfish for them to leave (even without a warning or a goodbye).
It's selfish for you to hold them back in any way because you just want your needs filled, not theirs.

This is what the Internet has taught us, only think for ourselves.
And if need be, work in a collective group to achieve universal goals (which is still selfish for each individual replies on the other to help them fulfill their part).
Also, it's the whole Bandwagon affect.
They want to makes threads so everyone can see, when they could have just sent a PM.

Don't you think this thread shouldn't be created in the first place?
Just look at the drama it caused because someone wouldn't leave quietly.
Now their friends and wannabe lovers are creating such affection that really makes them clingy.

sorry but excuse me this thread was created to let miya know we're gonna miss her when she goes but when unvited company decides to insult them and there decisions is when the thread becomes like this. I'm CBB did not want this to happen in his thread and there are some people who are feeling down about there leaving but knows their doing what is best for themselves. It's just a pity sincere people can't do anything special without an antagonist causing mischief. Earlier i was out of line but i was defending a leaving friend i don't want her leaving with all this Drama with everyone at each other throats because of someone's stupid opinion. neutral

Devoted Lover

12,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Musik Shigeko
*watches and eat fried Chicken* 3nodding

lol i would join you but Curt is bullshit and this needs to stop emotion_omnomnom

Scholarly Student

Binary Mess

Everything abides to Murphy's law.
Because not anything is perfect, not even humans.

Quote:
"She should have taken her "Freedom of Speech" and kept it to herself."

No.
You have no right in telling people how they should act nor what they should or shouldn't say.
She did as she pleased.

It's a defense mechanism known as "psychological projection".
Which means that an individual denies their attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then aimed toward others to blame.
They knew that one day she would stop using Gaia, everyone does.
They knew it was a POSSIBILITY that she wouldn't say anything before she left.
But they denied this and couldn't accept that as fact, so instead of taking ANY responsibility they place ALL blame on her.

Easy as that.
K i n k y M e t h o d s
Binary Mess
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Binary Mess

That isn't even the issue.
The issue is if people want to stop being on a website then let them.
It's not selfish for them to leave (even without a warning or a goodbye).
It's selfish for you to hold them back in any way because you just want your needs filled, not theirs.

This is what the Internet has taught us, only think for ourselves.
And if need be, work in a collective group to achieve universal goals (which is still selfish for each individual replies on the other to help them fulfill their part).
Also, it's the whole Bandwagon affect.
They want to makes threads so everyone can see, when they could have just sent a PM.

Don't you think this thread shouldn't be created in the first place?
Just look at the drama it caused because someone wouldn't leave quietly.
Now their friends and wannabe lovers are creating such affection that really makes them clingy.

sorry but excuse me this thread was created to let miya know we're gonna miss her when she goes but when unvited company decides to insult them and there decisions is when the thread becomes like this. I'm CBB did not want this to happen in his thread and there are some people who are feeling down about there leaving but knows their doing what is best for themselves. It's just a pity sincere people can't do anything special without an antagonist causing mischief. Earlier i was out of line but i was defending a leaving friend i don't want her leaving with all this Drama with everyone at each other throats because of someone's stupid opinion. neutral

You obviously forgot the point of my post.
I said that she wouldn't leave quietly.
This thread is the result of not leaving quietly and therefore she deserves the hate.

Scholarly Student

curtneko

I'm a psychology major, this is what I do.
Yes, I would be upset, and I would let them know how I felt but in the end I would let them know that if that choice made them truly happy then I would be glad for them.
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Binary Mess

Everything abides to Murphy's law.
Because not anything is perfect, not even humans.

Quote:
"She should have taken her "Freedom of Speech" and kept it to herself."

No.
You have no right in telling people how they should act nor what they should or shouldn't say.
She did as she pleased.

It's a defense mechanism known as "psychological projection".
Which means that an individual denies their attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then aimed toward others to blame.
They knew that one day she would stop using Gaia, everyone does.
They knew it was a POSSIBILITY that she wouldn't say anything before she left.
But they denied this and couldn't accept that as fact, so instead of taking ANY responsibility they place ALL blame on her.

Easy as that.

Are you really going to take that seriously no matter how many people are affected by it?
How reckless.

Devoted Lover

12,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Binary Mess

ok waitaitwait if im understanding this probably you saying she deserves all this hate for not leaving quietly eek
K i n k y M e t h o d s
Binary Mess

ok waitaitwait if im understanding this probably you saying she deserves all this hate for not leaving quietly eek

Yes.

Scholarly Student

Binary Mess

Something can be logical yet still fail in proving truth.
It's logical to think that when someone dies people would cry, but that doesn't happen all the time.
It doesn't mean it's illogical, it's till following logic.
Something illogical is expecting no one to cry, because that follows no logic.
There is a difference.

And if you'd like, I'll give you my Philosophy instructor's e-mail so you can ask him about this.
He graduated from Yale with a masters is Philosophy, so I'm pretty sure he didn't teach us bullshit.

Scholarly Student

Binary Mess

People have to realize that humans aren't inherently good.
Our morals don't share common ground in many cases.
All this labeling of who is bad, good, selfish, or selflessness is just a coping mechanism.
Thing to do is move on and hope for better.
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Binary Mess

Something can be logical yet still fail in proving truth.
It's logical to think that when someone dies people would cry, but that doesn't happen all the time.
It doesn't mean it's illogical, it's till following logic.
Something illogical is expecting no one to cry, because that follows no logic.
There is a difference.

And if you'd like, I'll give you my Philosophy instructor's e-mail so you can ask him about this.
He graduated from Yale with a masters is Philosophy, so I'm pretty sure he didn't teach us bullshit.

Using logic alone is a fault.
Using emotions alone is a fault.
I use logic to help compute several different instances with the aide of knowledge.
Therefore while my logic can be followed to a fault I have different logic that I can apply to the situation at hand therefore reducing the fault.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games