Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Phantom

Those are the points listed on the front page.
I took them directly off there.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Indulge [In Words]
Those are the points listed on the front page.
I took them directly off there.
You win many internets for that post.

Healer

dreamsk - Ahem. Just because I make a reference to a different website doesn't necessarily mean it will end up that way. Did I say that it would end up that way? Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I can say Gaia will be a successful site that will even topple Google, Myspace, Facebook, etc. Does it mean it will happen? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

YOU yourself either don't know for sure about Gaia's future. So. I don't see how my own "argument" is invalid.

In the past I DID not imagine Gaia to turn out like this. They may or may have disregarded what they stood for in the beginning. Maybe the fact that they've even admitted that they don't know their 'identity' and are trying to still get one during the MTV fiasco is proof of that. (And yea, they admitted it, a developer replied to one of my posts.) So identity crisis much?

---

Oh regarding how they really are more on the 'We need money to support our website thus we will take an idea that you loved and wanted into something else'. That would be Aquariums. From what I've heard people wanted to do more with the fishes they got from Fishing. Well what happened? Took that idea and made a Gaia Cash exclusive feature with the exception of earning the items via chance from the Daily Chance or from other users on the Marketplace.

They really couldn't make a feature that wasn't bent on Gaia Cash? That's pretty hmm I don't know - "I like your idea,but how about, we make money while you have fun? That's even better because it's a win-win situation!"

Take a look again. What happened to that idea of fishes from Fishing? Completely out of the picture.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
FirePhoenix
dreamsk - Ahem. Just because I make a reference to a different website doesn't necessarily mean it will end up that way. Did I say that it would end up that way? Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I can say Gaia will be a successful site that will even topple Google, Myspace, Facebook, etc. Does it mean it will happen? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

YOU yourself either don't know for sure about Gaia's future. So. I don't see how my own "argument" is invalid.

In the past I DID not imagine Gaia to turn out like this. They may or may have disregarded what they stood for in the beginning. Maybe the fact that they've even admitted that they don't know their 'identity' and are trying to still get one during the MTV fiasco is proof of that. (And yea, they admitted it, a developer replied to one of my posts.) So identity crisis much?

---

Oh regarding how they really are more on the 'We need money to support our website thus we will take an idea that you loved and wanted into something else'. That would be Aquariums. From what I've heard people wanted to do more with the fishes they got from Fishing. Well what happened? Took that idea and made a Gaia Cash exclusive feature with the exception of earning the items via chance from the Daily Chance or from other users on the Marketplace.

They really couldn't make a feature that wasn't bent on Gaia Cash? That's pretty hmm I don't know - "I like your idea,but how about, we make money while you have fun? That's even better because it's a win-win situation!"

Take a look again. What happened to that idea of fishes from Fishing? Completely out of the picture.
Thats what I thought you were getting at. Sorry.

I have no idea why they decided GC. confused And yeah, I think everyone would've loved for the aquarium to have been that way. To show off their caught fish!

Shy Phantom

About the aquariums-
Morally speaking,
would it be considered fair to
complain about charging money,
but then demand another free feature
that is a task close to being on the MMO-scale?
To create and animate all of the fish from
fishing would be an epic task,
spanning many months, taking the attention
of much needed employees, bringing about the need
for new employees to fill their old spots, more servers, etc,.
Its unreasonable to ask them to add so many free features,
while believing they can do so without charging.
Gaia doesn't use all that money just to pay for servers.

8,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
FirePhoenix

---

...why would you want fishes from fishing? I wouldn't want a trout or anything as a pet. o.o That is just bizarre.

8,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Indulge [In Words]
About the aquariums-
Morally speaking,

...I think Imma keep you X3
Indulge [In Words]
Perhaps the staff aren't paying attention to your threads because you see more interested in attacking at them instead of offering suggestions? I'm sure you'll delete this, but by doing so, you're only proving my point.

I don't/can't delete posts, and I wouldn't anyways.

(1) Gaia is located in America. America is a CAPITALISTIC society. Of course money is going to be extremely important- as the value of the dollar drops, Gaia has to, like many companies, raise salaries just so their workers can get by. Gaia is not unaffected by the economic crisis. In fact,they may even be harder hit,being in California. If you haven't heard, California is not only suffering from the global economic problems, but also because the state treasury is in complete disarray. Don't assume that money shouldn't be an issue just because its an entertainment site aimed at teens. Those staffers have homes and families to support as well.

A. You didn't read the thread very well as I support Gaia getting money.
B. If they're suffering for money it only goes to prove that we, too, are suffering for money, and perhaps they need to try an alternative route.
C. I never assumed they shouldn't be having money problems.

Quote:
(2) THE AQUARIUM WORKS JUST FINE WITHOUT PURCHASING ANYTHING. Don't you dare try to say it doesn't, because I'm living proof of it. I haven't bought a single aquarium item with Gaia cash OR with gold on the marketplace, yet I still get a free item everyday for sticking in the goldfish I won in the daily chance and feeding it once a day. Simple, easy, and it can't get any freer than that. Are you aware of the amount of work that would go into animating all of the fish from Fishing to go into an Aquarium? You're basically asking them to do more work- but do it for free, because their work doesn't deserve money.

A. Yeah, you do. But if you want a worthwhile aquarium, or the decent items that come when the fish die, you better start paying.
B. They could and should have done that from the start before twisting the idea into something most people are mad at. They could have just as easily charged cash for food or something if they have to charge cash at all. Not saying I would like that, but it's true. They screwed up the idea in favor of getting more money and you can't say they didn't.

Quote:
(3) Are you complaining about the BETA TESTERS? Honestly. Its basic game knowledge- testers are a given. They are needed to ensure that game runs smoothly. If Gaia chose not to have beta testers, than it would either take them even longer to release it or it would be filled with obvious glitches. Which would you rather have- a MMO that actually works or one that doesn't work half the time?

No, I'm not. Where did you get that? I'm a tester, so what do I care?
Quote:

(4) IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GOLD, DON'T COMPLAIN. Hello? I'm sitting right here, telling you its possible to make it on Gaia without buying cash or hacking/scamming/botting. But guess what? It doesn't take a week or two. It takes time! If you work at it, you'll succeed. Its pointless to whine over what others have and what you don't. You want something? WORK FOR IT. That's what I did. That's what hundreds of other users do! So instead of complaining about how Gaia "doesn't care for their users," why don't you find a nice guild/thread, make some good friends, and earn gold the old fashion way? Or better yet-! Enter a contest. Learn how to vend.

Tell that to the people trying to get evolving items. AS SOON AS they get the gold together, the EIs will be pulled from the shelves and they'll go up even more. It's not as easy as you make it out to be.
I work for everything I have. PHYSICAL work, by drawing. I don't have a problem getting the items with gold, if you want to know the truth of it. But if I didn't draw, I'd have absolutely nothing.
Not everyone can draw, or vend (you need gold to do that anyways) and not everyone can draw for a contest either. Again, it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

Quote:
MORAL OF MY POST: Don't complain about them charging, and then turn around and ask them to do more. That's just unfair.

You didn't read the thread very well. I'm complaining that they're charging and NOT fixing anything. If they want to charge, fine by me, as long as they make it fair for those of us that can't afford the premium things. I want things to work properly, like the inventory, trades, guilds, towns, homes, fishing, wordbump, jigsaw, etc.

That is FAR too many things to list as needing to be fixed. And notice how none of those get them cash.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
PinkPandora
FirePhoenix

---

...why would you want fishes from fishing? I wouldn't want a trout or anything as a pet. o.o That is just bizarre.
Pride. Bragging rights.

Healer

PinkPandora
FirePhoenix

---

Again, I do believe the point was users wanted to do more with the fishes they got from Fishing.

Why not? :3

It's Gaia after all, haha.

The point is that it's not what users wanted even if it sounds absurd.

For example, I do believe a Pet System was mentioned in the past. What if they decide to completely take that idea and just like 'Aquariums' make into a Gaia Cash exclusive with exceptions of getting items through I don't know... Daily Chance and the Marketplace?

Would those be the only means of being able to utilize that feature?

I mean if Aquariums wasn't decked out with purely Gaia Cash items it probably would have been much more well received than it has.

dreamsk - It's okay, haha.
Indulge [In Words]
About the aquariums-
Morally speaking,

Bull. They had no problem animating and drawing/coding the current fish. Just give it awhile and they'll have as many fish as fishing does. It doesn't really matter, does it?

And again, I never said that they don't need/deserve money.

8,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
dreamsk
PinkPandora
FirePhoenix

---

Pride. Bragging rights.

Couldn't you imagine it having hooks in it? I think it would be cool to have a fishing plaque or something for your house for bragging rights.

@FirePhoenix: How many users wanted to put fishies you stick hooks in into a fish tank for safe keeping? o.o I kinda like having gold fishies and the like better. ^^

Healer

Indulge [In Words]
About the aquariums-
Morally speaking,

That's understandable, but it's also unfair on the people who asked for that feature with fishes.

Again execution is something they probably do poorly.

It doesn't necessarily have to be completely free, heck they could have made the nicer fishes, etc. Gaia Cash exclusive.

BUT for it to come out as Gaia Cash exclusive for the most part is what put people off. The mentality is that people will then get off of that is - "I have to spend Cash to enjoy something?"

Yes, keeping in mind the Daily Chance, Marketplace, etc. But I'm saying that's what it seems to give off when you see that the majority of the items are Gaia Cash.

And I've said it in the last thread.

The focus seems to be evident that it's on money that everyone is focusing on it too much. No kidding it'll make it seem like everywhere you turn it's money that's talking.

8,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
[ .NK. ]
Indulge [In Words]
About the aquariums-
Morally speaking,

Bull. They had no problem animating and drawing/coding the current fish. Just give it awhile and they'll have as many fish as fishing does. It doesn't really matter, does it?

And again, I never said that they don't need/deserve money.

Yeah. MCs. Where do you think the money goes? To keep the games, to buy new servers and the like. But it's to the point where thats not enough to keep the site running. Its a lot of money. A loooooooooot of money to run this site, offer merchandise (which users requested), go to cons (another request) and have things other than just forums.
PinkPandora
dreamsk
PinkPandora
FirePhoenix

---

Pride. Bragging rights.

Couldn't you imagine it having hooks in it? I think it would be cool to have a fishing plaque or something for your house for bragging rights.

@FirePhoenix: How many users wanted to put fishies you stick hooks in into a fish tank for safe keeping? o.o I kinda like having gold fishies and the like better. ^^

Lots. There were tons of petitions/suggestions about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff