Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Share this!
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s466/StopKony/kony.jpg
Hath No Fury
I think that as important as it is, people are treating the cause as a fad.
People are all over Tumblr posting pictures of bracelets and t-shirts that're available.
He's been doing this s**t for 26 years no one has done anything.
Why? Because as awful as it is, the justice system over that was is terribly flawed

Personally, I think that within 2 months, tops people will stop caring because as a nation we cannot keep out attention on one cause for an extended amount of time.
Sorry guys, that's my opinion on the matter.
My brother is still a member at university which tries to fundraise for helping the Haitian people. They used to get tons of volunteers and donors. Now there's only a handful of people. Been that way for... well, like 2-3 months after it had passed, and then it was on to some other fad.

Maddy Bowen
It's like one of those infomercials with African kids with swollen bellies and flies in their eyes. See here I've got dead mothers, I've got severed limbs, but it's *nothing* new. Sure, it might make some people cry if they read it, maybe even write a check. But it's not going to be enough to make it stop!

Liberal Genius

Stuch BSc
MissAlvina
Honestly, I dont believe you watched the whole video otherwise you wouldn't of said that.

All Joseph Kony has to do is wait until we all inevitably move on to the next great tragedy.

I wish I could be as cool as you man. So edgy.

Liberal Genius

Remember though y'all badass edgy ********. Giving a s**t starts with you.

Now later dicks. I'm working to get the liberals here in Canada give an official response in support of this movement within this week.

Enjoy forever permeating the creation of child soldiers and sex slaves through your indifference. You guys are really cool and badass for doing that.
One of the sad things is, once the children are indoctrinated for a few years, they're broken beyond repair. If they don't learn empathy within a short but crucial developmental period in their youth, then they'll never be able to integrate into society.

No amount of therapy or help will work on them, they're beyond hope.
Testament of Death
One of the sad things is, once the children are indoctrinated for a few years, they're broken beyond repair. If they don't learn empathy within a short but crucial developmental period in their youth, then they'll never be able to integrate into society.

I'm skeptical of painting everyone in broad strokes like that. I do believe that there would be at least some children that could be helped even if they are indoctrinated.
Kiumaru
Testament of Death

I'm skeptical of painting everyone in broad strokes like that. I do believe that there would be at least some children that could be helped even if they are indoctrinated.

Quite honestly, I'm just parroting what I've heard from a few psychiatrists I used to know. I wouldn't know the in-depth details of it, but considering how ******** in the head I still am from things that happened when I was a kid, I'm willing to believe it's true. That kind of crap stays with you forever.
Testament of Death
Kiumaru
Testament of Death

Quite honestly, I'm just parroting what I've heard from a few psychiatrists I used to know. I wouldn't know the in-depth details of it, but considering how ******** in the head I still am from things that happened when I was a kid, I'm willing to believe it's true. That kind of crap stays with you forever.

I don't think it can make you "irreparable", though. Some cases, it may, but I don't think that means that we should give up trying to help people with childhood traumas. I have a tendency to believe that even if those types of things stay with you forever, it might be possible to overcome them.
Kiumaru
Testament of Death
Kiumaru
Testament of Death

I don't think it can make you "irreparable", though. Some cases, it may, but I don't think that means that we should give up trying to help people with childhood traumas. I have a tendency to believe that even if those types of things stay with you forever, it might be possible to overcome them.

The kinds of things that happen to these kids though... it's much more than "just" getting beaten or sexually abused. They're systematically trained and turned into soldiers, forced to watch and participate in torture and dismemberment and gang-rapes and all kinds of bad things. There are kids out there who've killed more people than many American soldiers have. Sure, if you get some of them early enough, and if they haven't suffered as much, then it might be possible. But they'll be the very rare exception rather than the rule.

Sure, I still think we should still try to help them. I'm not a heartless b***h. But I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.
I_Invented_The_Internet
Kiumaru
Testament of Death
Kiumaru
Testament of Death

Lowest of all trolls is the one that preaches false hope.

You're accusing me of being a troll that preaches false hope?
Testament of Death
The kinds of things that happen to these kids though... it's much more than "just" getting beaten or sexually abused. They're systematically trained and turned into soldiers, forced to watch and participate in torture and dismemberment and gang-rapes and all kinds of bad things. There are kids out there who've killed more people than many American soldiers have. Sure, if you get some of them early enough, and if they haven't suffered as much, then it might be possible. But they'll be the very rare exception rather than the rule.

Sure, I still think we should still try to help them. I'm not a heartless b***h. But I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Well, we won't know which ones are able to be helped unless we try in the first place.
I_Invented_The_Internet
Why? So you can point out that you expressed yourself in the form of personal opinion? That doesn't achieve anything when you're transparent.

Why would you accuse me of being a troll who preaches false hope? Because I wouldn't know if you were doing so. I'm asking if you are or aren't doing so with me. I don't consider myself a troll as I'm not saying things merely to rile people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff