Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hime-No-Yamii
NiteShadowFox
Oh, and also, this "How to Write Fanfic" page by a really prominent Harry Potter fanfic writer is invaluable. I'd take a look.

Also, I don't know if I said this, but betas can be invaluable. I can beta, and I can advise on how to improve your writing. However, I would need to see it to do that.

Good luck with your fanfic! PM me here or on FF (the link's in the sig), and I'll look over it if you need me to smile

Aww but I don't want my charrie to be mistaken for some Harry Potter like charrie again...but I will look at it b/c I am a very open minded person! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! When I finish my first chappie I'll deff ask you for some hlep!

A lot of the stuff can apply to other fandoms and to writing in general, actually. It's just that, being primarily a Drarry writer, that's what a lot of the examples pertain to. However, it's got a whole section on grammar, punctuation, point of view, and all that stuff that every writer, no matter what fandom, should read.

But seriously, PM me whenever. I'll pretty much always respond within a day.

...And yeah, I changed my name. Sorry 'bout that XD
Kitsune No Tsubasa
Hime-No-Yamii
NiteShadowFox
Oh, and also, this "How to Write Fanfic" page by a really prominent Harry Potter fanfic writer is invaluable. I'd take a look.

Also, I don't know if I said this, but betas can be invaluable. I can beta, and I can advise on how to improve your writing. However, I would need to see it to do that.

Good luck with your fanfic! PM me here or on FF (the link's in the sig), and I'll look over it if you need me to smile

Aww but I don't want my charrie to be mistaken for some Harry Potter like charrie again...but I will look at it b/c I am a very open minded person! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! When I finish my first chappie I'll deff ask you for some hlep!

A lot of the stuff can apply to other fandoms and to writing in general, actually. It's just that, being primarily a Drarry writer, that's what a lot of the examples pertain to. However, it's got a whole section on grammar, punctuation, point of view, and all that stuff that every writer, no matter what fandom, should read.

Hakunamatata Kitsune-chan! I get the feeling that like I won't get any time to work on my fic until like summer or something unless my evil teaches will stop being such sadishs with the level of hw and tests they give out. It's like they wanna tortore us for as long as they can b4 we get out of school!
Hime-No-Yamii
Kitsune No Tsubasa
Hime-No-Yamii
NiteShadowFox

Hakunamatata Kitsune-chan! I get the feeling that like I won't get any time to work on my fic until like summer or something unless my evil teaches will stop being such sadishs with the level of hw and tests they give out. It's like they wanna tortore us for as long as they can b4 we get out of school!

Haha yeah, I know that feel :/ If you really want to write though, try and set out some time, even maybe a half hour or something every day at the same time and write as much as you can. Helps me loads with my current story, just having a bit of time set out every day that I can write.

Um, if you wanna chat about writing or whatever you can PM me for my AIM or Messenger and I'll add you.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
I would advise you not to use 'like' so much or 'totes' or any unnecessary words/slang. I noticed this in your posts, so hopefully that doesn't transfer over to your fanfics.

In fact, if you do that in real life I would suggest you stop or cut back on it. A 'like' here and there or a few slang words is okay, but you don't need to limit your vocabulary that much.

Also, you have to have the attitude like this: *You* are writing a fanfic. You cannot possibly please everyone. There will be trolls and people that critique your story, no matter how good it is. So do your best and if your first few suck, just keep making more and learn from the last fanfics you made. Practice makes you better.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Also, unless you're writing it in Japanese I suggest you do not use Japanese honorifics. They really are not necessary and if you're writing this in English there's no use for them at all. It can irritate people and instead of just moving on they might just troll you. Best thing to do to avoid your feelings getting hurt or an e-argument is just don't tempt people as much as possible.
Being brutally honest here, I would suggest you start reading a lot of books and pay close attention in your English class.
Reading helps you improve your spelling and grammar, as you see how other authors do it. It also widens your vocabulary.
Because I can tell you right now, your posts are painful to read and, assuming you write the same way in your stories, it will affect how seriously your work will be taken.
TY for all the good avice Benteli-chan and Dawn-san. Don't worry my writing isn't like my fun speak b/c like that's unprofessional. And some advice for Dawn-san might be if it hurts you to read posts you may like, wanna go to an eye doc coz that's nto normal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff