Welcome to Gaia! ::

Giver

I want to hear the inspirational stories from fellow Gaians! =]

Friendly Explorer

Nout I bet there are some. How many gaians are there? A bunch.
At least one of themhas to be a published writer... sweatdrop right?

AurinJade's Wife

there's one in the NaNoWriMo thread. she self-published.
There are a lot of people who've been published in mags and journals and papers and so on. And, yeah, a lot of self-publishers. Otherwise, I'unno.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Yup, there is. She's one of the Gaians that helped make the 'Writing and Publishing Tips and Links' sticky, and her username is 'Racheling'.
We used to have a lady who went to Clarion. I forget her username. It's been a few years.

Valiant Guardian

22,875 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Cat Royal
Nout I bet there are some. How many gaians are there? A bunch.
At least one of themhas to be a published writer... sweatdrop right?

There should be. I'm hoping to be one. smile As for right now, my guess is that there's at least one, if not a bunch more. LOL

Thirteenth Prophet

10,150 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I hopefully will be very soon. blaugh
self-published, though.
It sometimes takes publishing companies years to get to someone's manuscript. That and some companies won't even give a new author without recommendation a second look. I plan on launching a few books by myself and pimp them out a little bit so I can get some good reviews, ratings, and get my writing out there. Then, a little later, I'm going to submit some new work to the publishing companies.

Backwoods Prophet

22,475 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
I'm published in a research magazine (trust me the article is nothing special right now) for my research in neurology and alcohol. Currently, one of my professors is looking to get an essay of mine on George Orwell published. I feel like these things kind of tend to happen if you're in the right place at the right time.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Q_The_Drama

Anywhere we can find out more about your books?

Thirteenth Prophet

10,150 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
pantiesss
Q_The_Drama

Anywhere we can find out more about your books?

umm.. Probably not much more information until I get a little closer to the release dates. I have a tumblr I started for Sy a few days ago, not much up there, but as for right now that's about it. It's not that I don't want to post anything, I just don't have much time to focus on the tumblrs and websites at the moment. I'd be more than happy to tell you anything you'd like to know about them, other than spoilers.
A real vague answer would be this:
Sy- is a sci-fi book that deals with telekinesis, aliens, war, drugs, and conspiracy.
Breathe - is book one to a spin on zombie Trilogy.

hoekoyami's Wife

Demonic Unicorn

16,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
I'm most likely going to start out self-publishing. I have to gain a reader-base first which is almost as difficult as finishing the actual novel. lol

Dedicated Entrepreneur

I do a lot of work with squidoo.com

While I don't promote any of my own personal writing there. A lot of people do.

Here is a great Lensmaster on the site LindaJm

She wrote a book calle River Girl and she promotes it on all 150 of her pages. She has a big reputation on the site and she's a fantastic writer.

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I think The Pheonix Rises Again is published. I'm not sure where though.

Aged Guildswoman

8,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I will be published in January 2013! I'm really excited, but the only reason I got where I am is because all of my good friends on this site and off. I would have never thought I had the potential to become a published author until all my friends began encouraging me. So I hope anyone who has a talent for writing utilizes it. It can be done! My support system from Gaia was so incredible I just love everyone on here. It started as simple role plays, and I ended up with so many compliments and positive feedback that I began writing. So yes, there are published authors on here, and I am proud to say I will be one very, very soon. But having friends and a good support system is vital to a good writer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff