Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Ginnjii
Scobre
Now to try to tackle those 72 questions in a post above will be a challenge.

You mean because they don't come with prepackaged explanations from the Watchtower Society?

I don't have seventy-two questions though, don't worry.

Just one, for now.

Carnivorous dinosaurs?

Ha, I answered that one in the 72. Yes I believe there were dinosaurs.

Conversationalist

Scobre

What did the carnivorous ones eat?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Ginnjii
Scobre

What did the carnivorous ones eat?

Meat of course. xd

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
A good video laying out the corruption within the JW's Bible.

Take a look at this video. It'll help you tremendously in understanding how this group is simply a Cult. Get saved, hun.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
LovelyLone
I really don't know what to think. I was raised one and considered it horrible. I didn't believe in it and felt like it just hurt my chances at being normal in so many ways. I don't ever expect my birthday to be celebrated and it still hurts.
I'd surprisingly taken an interest in religion recently and the more I actually read the bible, the more confused I am. They seem so right yet so wrong. I worry about the wolves in sheep's clothing, yet wondering at the same time if maybe, just maybe they are right. The whole of Christianity is so vast and there are so many different takes on it I don't know what to believe.
What do you guys think?

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you can't blame a religion for ruining your life. It's like hating yourself for being a different race. We all can't control what we are born into. Don't think anyone has answered your question of what wolf in sheep's clothing is. It comes from Matthew 7:15-20 and means those who pretend to follow Christ but have willfully and persistently reject his teachings. I get how you can be frustrated about not controlling your life. I had epilepsy as a child and dealing with medical problems now in which I cannot control what my body does. Just know that everyone has free will and as one of Jehovah's Witnesses myself I'm constantly questioning stuff and learning something new each day. I just recommend you research stuff on your own. It helps a lot not only in religion but education also. Take the bible in small sections and research it. I know being one of Jehovah's Witnesses isn't easy and it may seem like the ideas are coming purely from the religion, but I hope you learn that through your research what god's views are. As with laws and taxes there are grey areas so humans aren't perfect. Reading the bible, meditating on it, researching other sources from medical and science, and prayer can really help you understand the oldest book that exist. Despite what people assume, Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a cult and people are free to leave if they choose to. Ideas in many forms of Christianity can differ, so it is interesting to learn. Actually history about the bible in general is interesting and for years the churches kept the bible in Latin so that others wouldn't understand what was in it, so personal ideas wouldn't be questioned. So it's good to have questions, just don't give up and follow up on them. There are so many interesting things to learn. Like I didn't know until reading this thread there was an actual scripture of god saying not to get tattoo. So thank you for writing it so I could learn something new myself. If you have any questions about the bible, be free to ask me. I'll try my best to help and research scriptures and other sources on the topic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff