Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you like to see Flynn's Booty/Chest rereleased?

Yes. 0.030704815073273 3.1% [ 44 ]
Only in a very limited amount. 0.09351011863224 9.4% [ 134 ]
No, never. 0.83461270062805 83.5% [ 1196 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.041172365666434 4.1% [ 59 ]
Total Votes:[ 1433 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 95 96 97 > >>

Dedicated Wife

12,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Great job :}

Nuglord's Partner

Super Poster

the sites been going downhill for a long while

i didnt mind when they did a lot of the other dumb crap - but messing with the forums, their only really successful gimmick, is pretty dumb even for a company as perennially absent minded and out of touch with their user base as gaia

this might be how it feels to work at a company trying to scrape every last penny together before declaring bankruptcy and cascading into failure

Beloved Friend

Cheer Up Crybaby
It's so nice to see the things that I've complained about actually said in an orderly fashion. This indeed has been the month from hell, and the direction Gaia is heading is leading me to believe it has a very dark future ahead of it. I say it will, instead of we, because I probably won't be around for this s**t if it gets any worse, and neither will a lot of users.

I'm unable to use the marketplace, due to a disabled trading pass (for "investigation" even though I have no real knowledge of doing anything wrong and if I get banned for it I call bull-honkey), so I see no need to spend a single cent on the site until I get it back. I'm one of the humbum people that are happy with what they have right now, so I don't complain much about it. But I'm aware some people are seeing it quite differently, because they have stuff they want to get but are unable to due to inflation. Hell, I've found that large amount of items that I have in my inventory have become "worth" millions more than what I bought it for, due to the inflation. It is absolutely re-god-damn-diculous. This should not be happening. Keiko's cake is at nearly 2mil, when I was able to purchase it for only 400k. Where did we go wrong?! (Sarcasm)

However, my theory is Gaia is doing this inflation s**t on purpose to try and force users to pay actual money in order to try and get the items they want. I say try, because c'mon, look at this inflation. You don't have a chance in hell with some of the items on the MP. Honestly. However, it's a theory that I simply tossed around with a few friends. They agree. So I figured I should say it. And now it is said.

You make take this rant as a delusional man on muscle relaxers, having nothing better to do with his time. I put in great effort to try and make myself a little clear on my opinion, and I hope nothing I said was offensive. If it was offensive for a reason besides me probably being right, and you don't like my swearing, fine. Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough.

Also, my apologies for the post length. It would have been longer, but I don't want to take up an entire page with my ranting.

see, i understand this/ your post most of all because i had the same thing happen to me.my account was banned and i was not ( and still amnot)given a reason for it.I'm apealing a ban for an issue i do not know of. :/

it sucks, cause as a mod of a thread which tries to get scammers/hackers reported and banned...:/

i'd have noting else to add to the other topic cause i agree whole heartedly. i was dragged to gaia byfriends for zomg, made tons o friends and i find the site to be a second home... so this is depressing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Cheer Up Crybaby
However, my theory is Gaia is doing this inflation s**t on purpose to try and force users to pay actual money in order to try and get the items they want. I say try, because c'mon, look at this inflation. You don't have a chance in hell with some of the items on the MP. Honestly. However, it's a theory that I simply tossed around with a few friends. They agree. So I figured I should say it. And now it is said.

Yup, I think you hit the nail on the head, this is what I've thought for a while though. They want money, that's all they want and care about. Their users' happiness doesn't pay for their fancy coffee and creamers after all.

But if they keep giving these out (which take so much less work than releasing cool items, they just spoodge gold all over our users), it makes the inflation awful, sometimes I see things going up 122%. Because of that, lots of people give up and buy more booty, or they're just people who buy into the instant gratification of getting their gold and getting it now. 3 items that I was watching last week have shot up from 100,000 gold to 400,000... 2 of them went from 100,000 to 1,000,000... no joke. One of them is going for 5m suddenly... but that's probably just some greedy dillhole who isn't going to make a sale... but again, gratification. There's those people who get showered with treats in verge ruining s**t for all of us :/ Not all of them mind you, I know there's plenty of good cash shop folks who see the issue and sympathize or at least understand where we're coming from~
But yeah... it's freaking impossible. I'm not gettin' my other couple pieces of this avitar for a long, long time.

Miss Lapine's Queen

Solar Lunatic

20,475 Points
  • New Fan 50
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Good job on this thread.

Now, I buy cash occasionally (the odd $20 every month or so when I have money to spend), but the way cash has been pushed in our faces ALMOST CONSTANTLY lately has really pissed me off. Flynn's Booty and Chest has really infuriated me as well, for the effect it's had on the marketplace, and several admin's steadfast denial that Flynn being whored out is having any negative effects on it, when the effect is pretty plain to see.

Not only that, but the lack of attention paid in ATA about serious, legitimate questions really makes me think that none of the staff actually care about what the users are actually thinking.

Sigh... it's a shame that there aren't too many good avatar sites out there. Subeta would be second best for me... it's a pet site, sure, but it has a very good avatar component as well, and the forums are rather nice.

Tipsy Dabbler

You're completely right. Something really needs to be done.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

True Manticore says:
I came back from a 6 month hiatus on Gaia and I'm appalled at the inflation and cash cult.
If I didn't have great friends here to come back for I might have just continued on my hiatus.

Sex Symbol

Bless this thread.

Friendly Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
This is just a little thing I've noticed lately, but it still seems like a more subtle "spend money!!" thing. Every I click on the shops tab, no matter what account I'm on, it always drops me outside of the cash shop. It doesn't drop me outside of any of the gold shops at random like it used to. Not a big deal since I can just click into whatever other shop still, but it just sorta bugged me since it seemed like another way they're trying to get me to spend money :/

Golden Gekko

See, I -might- be okay with the centered site if it actually looked good. Right now it looks like, no offense devs, baby's first HTML project. But after everything else we've had piled on us in the last month... sorry, my money and time is spent better elsewhere.

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
I used to collect the chance items with Gaia cash I got (from cash tree, usually, but still). Now I'm done, I don't even want to do that for them anymore. Seriously...they won't get another penny from me unless they make some serious changes. -_-

Loyal Sweetheart

26,890 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Noble Shade 100
Also I had turned off Ad Block for Gaia, and I won't be doing that anymore. :/

Apocalyptic Disaster

40,975 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Street 200
Ostsoo
[...] Not only that, but the lack of attention paid in ATA about serious, legitimate questions really makes me think that none of the staff actually care about what the users are actually thinking. [...]

Not criticizing you, just trying to explain a simple fact that seemingly many gaians don't guess by themselves (I think it's because they're used to a different, previous Gaia): actually, Gaia is a business with defined rules for dealing with its customers. This means that, for example, its employees are forbidden from addressing certain issues, and replying to them, unless it's part of their official role in Gaia or they've been authorized to do so. This also means that the "people in charge" decides how to address the sensitive issues and the staff will conform to that. If it's a "no comment" issue, they will not comment on that; or if they are only allowed to give an evasive answer like "we don't know" or "this is not going to impact Gaia's economy in the long run", these are the only answers we'll get from them. This is the reason for the "offcial apology" for the offensive survey took so much time to be given: they had to decide how to word it. This is no more a friendly, informal site were admins easily befriend other users: this is now a business were only part of the staff decides what customers will be told and how that will be told.

Apocalyptic Disaster

40,975 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Champion 300
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Street 200
Deridoveli
This is just a little thing I've noticed lately, but it still seems like a more subtle "spend money!!" thing. Every I click on the shops tab, no matter what account I'm on, it always drops me outside of the cash shop. It doesn't drop me outside of any of the gold shops at random like it used to. Not a big deal since I can just click into whatever other shop still, but it just sorta bugged me since it seemed like another way they're trying to get me to spend money :/

Well, it seems so because it IS so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces