Welcome to Gaia! ::

?

That's a REAL woman 0.23571428571429 23.6% [ 33 ]
That's a FAT woman 0.55714285714286 55.7% [ 78 ]
A real woman is smaller than this and bigger than skinny.. No exceptions 0.20714285714286 20.7% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 140 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Blind Guardian the 2nd
Lokshen
Didn't you hear? Health is probably a social construct.... or something insane like that.

Health is partly a social construct. Certainly approaches to what constitutes an illness (and whether or not people should be permitted to occupy the "sick role" when afflicted by it) is social. Some ailments are deemed worthy of compassion and treatment, while others are not, despite being negative influences upon physical and social ability.

Some illness is the fault of the afflicted.

For example the overweight and underweight.
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Lokshen
Didn't you hear? Health is probably a social construct.... or something insane like that.

Health is partly a social construct. Certainly approaches to what constitutes an illness (and whether or not people should be permitted to occupy the "sick role" when afflicted by it) is social. Some ailments are deemed worthy of compassion and treatment, while others are not, despite being negative influences upon physical and social ability.
Have you hit you head? Sick is sick what we think is. I can support aids all day and have 50mill people do the same don't make it any better for you.
Oh Miss
"REAL women have CURVES!"]

Real women have vaginas

Timid Dabbler

8,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
For gender, "REAL" should have NOTHING to do with size.
That is just disgusting.

Although I understand that the people that say this probably have good intentions. They are trying their best to counter a really horrible ideal of being half-starved to death. But, two wrongs don't make a right. sad

6,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Abrey Selyn
Oh Miss

Real women have vaginas

What about physical males identifying as women?

Tipsy Gekko

It's used to make people who aren't thin feel better.

Is it wrong? Damn straight.
Two wrongs don't make a right and people need to stop body shaming each other.
Regardless of size; we need to stand up together and promote beauty and health at any size.
Kimihiro_Watanuki
Abrey Selyn
Oh Miss

Real women have vaginas

like said
real women
have vaginas

6,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Abrey Selyn
Kimihiro_Watanuki
Abrey Selyn
Oh Miss

Real women have vaginas

like said
real women
have vaginas

And I must assume now that you are the authority on what a real woman is and is not? What makes a transgendered male to female woman any less of a real woman than one born with a v****a?
Kimihiro_Watanuki
Abrey Selyn
Kimihiro_Watanuki
Abrey Selyn
Oh Miss

Real women have vaginas

like said
real women
have vaginas

And I must assume now that you are the authority on what a real woman is and is not? What makes a transgendered male to female woman any less of a real woman than one born with a v****a?

no
as long as you have one
you are pretty much real lady
for that is what make somebody a real woman
is a v****a

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Requiem in Mortis
Northawke_rs
Being a real woman has to do with XY chromosomes, I thought. Irregardless of whether you're fat or thin.
Y chromosome=male.

Well aware of that. Thanks for reminding me to be clearer next time.

REPHRASE: Being a real woman has to do with having X chromosomes and lacking Y chromosomes, I thought.

Invisible Browser

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Oh Miss

Why is this hypocrisy left unchecked? Who are THEY to decide what a REAL woman looks like?

Who am I to decide this thread lacks the potential to be taken seriously?
Oh Miss
Bigger women now are throwing around this saying:

"REAL women have CURVES!"

Pretty much discriminating against naturally thin women in the way the bigger girls have been discriminated against.

Why is this hypocrisy left unchecked? Who are THEY to decide what a REAL woman looks like?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

thats because the naturally thin women think they are better that the bigger woman because they are smaller. i see it all the time. most thin wimmen shun down bigger woman because they think that you have to be skinny to be pretty. which is not true.

Timid Bloodsucker

9,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
  • Consumer 100
I think all women who are not hiding a banana in their pants can be considered REAL.At least...that's what my common sense says.

Mega Man-Lover

REAL women were BORN with a v****a. Case Closed.

Rainbow Dog

Those are the wrong kind of curves. Even skinny gals have curves, but that chick just has big lumps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff