Welcome to Gaia! ::

I say yes, because I tried out christianity and it wasn't for me.
dh8d1
Henry Hobo-Master
dh8d1
Henry Hobo-Master
dh8d1
Henry Hobo-Master

Correct reasoning... or the acknowledgement of their unbelief of the God. Unless that's apart of the "correct reasoning" as well?
I do not understand the question of your post. Can you please reword it?

I'm very sorry about that. Sometimes it makes more sense to me. I had a feeling it might turn out that way.

So, you claim that if one is to deny a God, that it must be for the "correct reasons", which are: illogical, unreasonable, and unverifiable.

I was simply introducing that another "correct reason" for not choosing to believe in God, is to acknowledge the unbelief of that God entirely. And I then asked you if that was apart of the "correct reasons" as well, or if it was merely something that was left out of the equation (but in a way that made sense for me, but not to you I assume).
lol. Circular reasoning is not a correct reason.

So OP claiming to not have belief in a God, is not correct reasoning?

Point taken.
no. That is not my point.
Your circular reasoning of "unbelief is a reason not to believe." is flawed. That is my point.

So one can believe using a "correct" method of logic and reason (and things of that nature). One can also disbelieve by using logic and reason.

However, it is circular to think that unbelief is a reason not to believe. Although one can lack beliefs in a God, one must have reason and logic (and things of that nature) to disbelieve God.

I think I understand now, is there anything that I have pushed too far and assumed? Or am I just dwelling on pointless things?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Sharpz22
Is god real?

Well, interesting you ask. You see, it's a very complex question, and the answers are not so straightforward as--

Sharpz22
I say no because I have tried out christianity and decided that it is not right for me.

...Uh... well that's...

Okay, question. So you tried out one religion, decided it's not for you, and automatically determined that there can be no governing powers over humanity other than this one?

I mean, you said "god." You didn't say which god, until you sprung the "Oh, he's talking about Christianity" surprise on us. It should be noted that "god" can mean any deity of any religion. And unless I'm mistaken, "God" with a capital G can be used for any primary god of any religion. It's just a placeholder word. It's just a title, not a name. Even in the Abrahamic traditions. His actual name is Yahweh, but there's a taboo about the name, so most just call him "Adonai" (Hebrew) "Lord" or "God" (English), "Allah" (Arabic), or you know... any other word that basically means the same in any other language spoken in a country with one of these religions. But if you were to talk to someone of another religion, they may also use "God" to describe their most prominent deity. So it becomes very confusing when you deal with many religions.

Such as in M&R. I mean, I know there's a lot of discussion about how "Oh, Christianity is wrong and blueh blueh blueh," but it's ridiculous, we've got people of all kinds of faiths around here. It's absolutely idiotic to say "God" when we mean "Yahweh" or - most egregiously - "religion" when we mean "Christianity."

I'm not sure why I'm unloading this all on you. I guess it just baffles me that people keep following this way of thinking.

Also! Feel free to do some research. Not just about Christianity, or even one branch of Christianity, but as much as you can about the subject of religions, of all the various kinds. The beautiful colors of the not-gay-but-not-that-hateful-of-it-either religious rainbow! Don't end up like those snotty antitheists who are all, "Oh, you're a theist? Well, I was just at the coffee shop on my Apple computer and talking to my friend as we drank cappuccinos and he said the most dreadful thing about religion. And I laughed a hearty, pretentious laugh. What's that? You want to know what I think are the principles of religion? Control of the masses with imaginary friends, ohohoho! What's that? Profound meaning in the mysteries of the universe? What utter nonsense! I have science! Which actually can't explain everything either. But more than you! You're a scientist and religious? Get with the times, you plebeian, theism was so last millennium!"

Did I go on for too long? Sorry, I'm a bit tired, not thinking properly. Just... remember not to be so closed off to possibilities. I mean, ask questions, by all means. But remember that a healthy skepticism still includes an open mind, whereas cynicism leaves you a selfish, stubborn, closed-minded, arrogant twit.

I'm sorry, that link was hateful. I'm sure he has plenty of... uh... accomplishments... beyond creating that stupid word "meme." And um... is thoroughly qualified in... genetics... to debate... philosophy.

...Suuure...

...I need to go to bed, sorry. Hopefully I'll be more sane later.
Riahlize
Sharpz22
I say no because I have tried out christianity and decided that it is not right for me. Do you think he is real? If yes then why?

Am I reading this right?
You claim a God doesn't exist (which isn't defined to which) because you don't prefer one religion which claims a deity?

correct.
Sharpz22
Riahlize
Sharpz22
I say no because I have tried out christianity and decided that it is not right for me. Do you think he is real? If yes then why?

Am I reading this right?
You claim a God doesn't exist (which isn't defined to which) because you don't prefer one religion which claims a deity?

correct.

Next question.... Are you trolling?

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Henry Hobo-Master
dh8d1
Henry Hobo-Master
dh8d1
Henry Hobo-Master

I'm very sorry about that. Sometimes it makes more sense to me. I had a feeling it might turn out that way.

So, you claim that if one is to deny a God, that it must be for the "correct reasons", which are: illogical, unreasonable, and unverifiable.

I was simply introducing that another "correct reason" for not choosing to believe in God, is to acknowledge the unbelief of that God entirely. And I then asked you if that was apart of the "correct reasons" as well, or if it was merely something that was left out of the equation (but in a way that made sense for me, but not to you I assume).
lol. Circular reasoning is not a correct reason.

So OP claiming to not have belief in a God, is not correct reasoning?

Point taken.
no. That is not my point.
Your circular reasoning of "unbelief is a reason not to believe." is flawed. That is my point.

So one can believe using a "correct" method of logic and reason (and things of that nature). One can also disbelieve by using logic and reason.

However, it is circular to think that unbelief is a reason not to believe. Although one can lack beliefs in a God, one must have reason and logic (and things of that nature) to disbelieve God.

I think I understand now, is there anything that I have pushed too far and assumed? Or am I just dwelling on pointless things?

The only thing I'd add is to your point "one must have reason and logic (and things of that nature) to disbelieve God." and I'd add "Once a god has been explained."

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
There have been thousands of gods in the history of humanity. None are right for me, and I question the necessity of gods among our advancing human society. Still it sounds like you have only examined one of these divine beings.

Why does nobody take Mars, Nyx, Set, Badb, Khaos, Loki, Macha, Chi You, Menrva, Samulayo, Enyo, Kali, Pele, Neto, Tohil, Freyja, Great Gish, Oro, or Lua into consideration any more?

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Trollzors Vader
There have been thousands of gods in the history of humanity. None are right for me, and I question the necessity of gods among our advancing human society. Still it sounds like you have only examined one of these divine beings.

Why does nobody take Mars, Nyx, Set, Badb, Khaos, Loki, Macha, Chi You, Menrva, Samulayo, Enyo, Kali, Pele, Neto, Tohil, Freyja, Great Gish, Oro, or Lua into consideration any more?
User Image

Interesting Seeker

Sharpz22

Why is Christianity not right for you?
But I guess I should answer the question....
Is God real?

I don't know, probably not. And my answer will be the same no matter which deity you're asking me about. For the same reason.

Was this productive?

9,925 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Sharpz22

Trying out Christianity is going to probably make you dislike Christianity. For one thing, a lot of Christians do not behave as Christ would behave. *Because to be a Christian is to be Christlike.* So Instead of trying out Christianity, why not try out God. To be a Christian isn't about joining a fan club, it is about becoming friend and trusting in God. So if you really want to try to have the "Christian experience" The thing most Christians are 'set on fire for'. Ask God to reveal himself to you. And if you really desire to know if he is real or not. He will reveal himself to you. I promise this to you.

I think he is real because I have asked him a lot of things and I have seen him say, "Yes, no and wait." And I have asked him to reveal himself to me and he has done it and my life has been changed forever.

Enduring Phantom

If he is, he sure doesn't care to pay any attention to me. neutral

Distinct Seeker

Sharpz22

Yes, I do. Reason: Look outside, Look how complicated the human body is and how organized and properly functions. How can all that be made by an explosion/ "accident"?
alternative obito
Reason: Look outside, Look how complicated the human body is and how organized and properly functions. How can all that be made by an explosion/ "accident"?

When the explosion is g(z) = z^2 + c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces