Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you expose your feelings to someone if they were already in a (serious) relationship?

yes 0.17948717948718 17.9% [ 21 ]
no 0.82051282051282 82.1% [ 96 ]
Total Votes:[ 117 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Popular Hunter

There's a poster on this forum who I think I really like. I want to tell them, but I know they're already taken. Not only taken, but gay as well. I don't usually tell people if I have feelings for them if I know they're in a relationship or if they're gay. I don't want to worry them or stress them out or make our friendship/possible friendship feel weird and awkward.
I've decided I'm not going to tell the poster here how I feel aside from mentioning them anonymously since I'm a p***y little b***h.
No, I don't expect anything to happen because of it.

I can't be the first to get in a spot like this, so I want to see what you would do if something like this happened to you.

If you develop feelings for someone, do you usually tell them?
If you developed feelings for someone in a relationship already, would you tell them?
If you had feelings for someone who you wouldn't have a shot with because of their sexuality, would you tell them?
No that would be awkward for everyone.
lol, what would that accomplish?

"HEY, I'M INFATUATED WITH YOU."
"HEY, I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY AND YOU KNOW THIS."
"YEAH. I KNOW."

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
emotion_bigheart I've told people and we still stayed friends and never ended up together. Nothing was ever made awkward. Maybe I just know less flaky people. I don't get why someone should have to hold things in for fear of "making s**t awkward". If the person is happy in their relationship and you're not humping their leg and you just casually tell them to get it off of your chest, it shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes, people admit it because it's their way of facing reality and just moving the hell on in life.

I look at it from the similar viewpoint of others flirting with people's significant others; It shouldn't matter if they're humping their leg, as long as they have the power to walk away and say, "No.", there shouldn't be an issue.
I've always kept it to myself. I do it to respect their life, and not potentially ruin anything good.
Sorry to hear that he's gay D:. This is just a suggestion, but it doesn't sound like it'd be a good idea to say anything. There's plenty of fish in the sea, who aren't taken or gay. Their partner probably wouldn't be happy if they ever found out, too.

Under normal circumstances, even if it burns from the inside out, I don't say anything. It took 5 years for my first confession. I've been in a situation where I had feelings for a straight friend of mine, too. She ended up getting a boyfriend. I backed off then, but even if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have said a thing. Chasing people kind of depends on personality, no?
lol I wouldn't tell them. What would the point of that be?

Fanatical Prophet

I probably wouldn't say anything, no matter how bad it felt. If they're happy, I'd try my best to be happy for them and not risk messing anything up.

Wheezing Codger

7,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
to find it was vanity
lol, what would that accomplish?

"HEY, I'M INFATUATED WITH YOU."
"HEY, I'M IN A RELATIONSHIP ALREADY AND YOU KNOW THIS."
"YEAH. I KNOW."

Followed by "DAMMIT!" and some melodrama and maybe a bit of alcohol abuse and crying.
If you develop feelings for someone, do you usually tell them? Story of my life. My life was full of "oh please, kouhai-chan, will you go out with me? gonk heart " adorable confession moments. No one (good) ever seemed to ask me out, so. Gotta go get that cake, you know.

If you developed feelings for someone in a relationship already, would you tell them? I have done this at least five times, and the answer is always "yes, I will go out with you" from them and they leave their partner no matter how long they were going out. I don't know why. Both of the major love stories of my life started out this way (including the one with my wife).

If you had feelings for someone who you wouldn't have a shot with because of their sexuality, would you tell them? Why the hell not? Sexualities are sort of free floating, people go gay or straight for people all the time. Heck, I just read an article in Cosmo about this girl marrying her best gay friend because he went straight for her. You never know.

As a divine sign, my captcha says "good luck". No, seriously.
I wanted to tell my boyfriend that I had feelings for him for a long time before we got together, but he was rebounding all over the place, and I didn't want to get involved despite how much it hurt. Then he randomly mentioned one day that he would never want to date me.
Silly boy.

I've never confessed feelings for someone to their face. I'm too chicken s**t. I do not envy guys for stereotypically having to put themselves on the line. D:

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
As someone who's been on the receiving end of this kind of confession (though there were no issues with sexuality) I would very strongly advise you not to do it.

Warlord

I have a boyfriend. This guy from out of town likes me.
I don't act interested at all, he goes and says " I think I'm in love with you"
******** it's annoying when you can't be assertive and tell him the truth.
And when he goes on about pursuing a relationship.
I wouldn't, but then again, I don't tell this kind of thing to anybody to begin with. redface

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff