Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

Son Vrai
Avia the Angel
Son Vrai
Completely true but we have enough food produced in the world right now to feed everyone anyways. It's not a problem of producing enough food so much as it is continuously distributing it to places that have a hard time farming or not enough money to use what they farm for themselves. Plus that would totally, like, cost money and there wouldn't be a profit past morality.
And what about in the future when we exceed the low figure of 8 Trillion which is said to be the safe zone they guarantee food can be made available to?

That's entirely dependent on the circumstances of the future.
So let me get this straight, we're at a point in history where we have a total population of 7 trillion people and two-thirds of the total population lives in adverse poverty, squalor conditions and is starving and yet we're ignoring this blindly and increasing our population beyond the point of which we can actually feed the last one-third of it pushing more of us into starving. What do you propose we do?
Avia the Angel
Son Vrai
Avia the Angel
Son Vrai
Completely true but we have enough food produced in the world right now to feed everyone anyways. It's not a problem of producing enough food so much as it is continuously distributing it to places that have a hard time farming or not enough money to use what they farm for themselves. Plus that would totally, like, cost money and there wouldn't be a profit past morality.
And what about in the future when we exceed the low figure of 8 Trillion which is said to be the safe zone they guarantee food can be made available to?

That's entirely dependent on the circumstances of the future.
So let me get this straight, we're at a point in history where we have a total population of 7 trillion people and two-thirds of the total population lives in adverse poverty, squalor conditions and is starving and yet we're ignoring this blindly and increasing our population beyond the point of which we can actually feed the last one-third of it pushing more of us into starving. What do you propose we do?

We would need to revolutionize green energy into a more sustainable model incredibly fast- not sucking up the nutrients of top soil and the majority of our fresh water reserves with irresponsible agricultural methods, for example. Not using meat as the main ingredient in all of our dishes, not depending solely or preferably at all on fossil fuels like coal and oil, change wealthy society to be less consumer minded, bio engineer food to be more robust, less prone to disease and the stresses of nature.

In addition to working with foreign governments to empower and educate women and give them a steady supply of birth control. Educated women are statistically shown to have less children.
Olya
I just had a delicious serving of pasta with chicken and shrimp under marinara sauce with grilled Mexican squash on the side.

My taste buds tell me not to listen to your propaganda.

gaia_angelleft gaia_star gaia_angelright

You choose taste over life. Good to know.
And you consider any pro-veg talk about killing millions of animals a year for food propaganda.
Sweet.
shoeless joe
We should quit being pussies and eat more BUGS.

That actually looks pretty tasty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces