Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indulgent Nymph

wahmbulance Warning: I am VERY Picky with my anime xD

Okay, so I am currently looking for a new ROMANCE anime to watch and I was hoping if some of you can help me out c:
I am very picky with my anime so if you are up for the challenge I will post what I am looking for in a romance anime and which animes I loved.

What I am looking for:
-Romance (ofcourse)
-a happy ending with the couple ending up together
-kissing or some really cute scenes
-GOOD ART STYLE (I cannot stress this enough lol)
-some drama is good
-rivalry
-NO HAREM (I always hated harem because the ending is always one of those 'you choose who you want him/her to end up with' kind of things, if it is a harem with a solid couple then I won't mind it)
-bad boys are nice, not needed though but I do like bad boys
-Please have it be MORE THAN 20 episodes (I always hated watching 12 episode animes)
-I like magic, although it isn't required
-No Yaoi and/or Yuri
-no romance that comes too fast
-please have the guy be good looking, a lot of animes have the guy look bad and the girls all beautiful
-no bad ending animes please :c
-must be completed!

What I have watched already: (Okay, I've watched way too many to be able to name all of them by memory, so I will try to name as many as possible!)
wahmbulance BEWARE, it is a LONG list. (Use ctrl+F to look for an anime on the list)

peach girl
mermaid melody
dn angel
pretty rhythm
jewel pet
card captor sakura
gakuen alice
saint tail
kamikaze kaitou jeanne
fullmoon wo sagashite
tokyo mew mew
bokura ga ita
kodocha
yumeiro patissiere
skip beat
fruits basket
kamichama karin
sword art online (LOVED IT)
shakugan no shana
the familiar of zero
special A
kaichou wa maids sama
kare kano
vampire knight
clannad (Didn't really like :c started it but never finished after episode 3)
mirmo de pon (Wanted to finish but couldn't find all the episodes)
yamato nadeshiko
kimi ni todoke (I stopped watching at maybe episode 10?)
toradora
kobato (Didn't really like)
muv-luv (I didn't like how the romance didn't really show for my OTP ;n; )
Inuyasha (I still need to finish it)
Kaze no stigma (got bored of it half way through)
Ouran high school host club
Hakuoki (made me in tears; n; )
Rosario vampire (Too haremy)
Fushigi yuugi (loved it)
La corda d'oro
Shugo chara (didn't really like, not intense moments much, maybe once or twice)
itazura na kiss (Wasn't a big fan)
aki sora (Although it is incest it caught my attention the whole way through)
suzuka (Thinking on watching)
gosick (Not much romance but the mysteries kept me tied)
ultra maniac
marmalade boy
lovely complex (This one was adorbs)
romeoxjuliet
save me lollipop
Hanasakeru seishonen
Petite princess Yucie
vision of escaflower (thinking on watching)
eureka 7 (thinking on watching)
kirarin revolution
UFO baby
ayashi no ceres
glass mask
ashiteru ze baby
tsubasa chronicles

that's all I remember so far, I will edit the list if I remember more!

will you take the challenge? XD

Dedicated Flatterer

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Citizen 200
Based on most of your criteria, I would suggest Kanon. It is a tad bit on the harem-y side, but aside from that, it's really good.

Reindeer

kamisama hajimemashita <3

Indulgent Nymph

Oeuf
kamisama hajimemashita <3

I do know that anime, although it is 12 episodes :c I actually watched the whole anime.

Shy Browser

7,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Was going to say Hanasakeru Seishounen but it's already in your list ;w;

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sweatdrop wow, you have seen alot.

I would say watch Eureka 7, I enjoyed it. Nice mix of action and I really liked the end on a romance scale.
User Image

And it looks like you may like Angelic Layer. A little sappy sometimes but romances and friendships build in odd ways.
User Image

You must have seen melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with a list like that.
User Image

Aged Codger

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun/My little Monster

Creeper Bunny

You said a harem with a solid couple is okay, so Imma say Bakemonogatari and its sequel Nisemonogatari.

Nodame Cantable (Check out the art, though. It's a little bit like Skip Beat's or Itazura's)

Honey and Clover (Just.... There's a main group, but no real main character).

Nazo no Kanojo X (Sorry, 12 episodes)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia (Another 12 episodes)

EF~ a Tale of Memories/melodies

Sakamichi no Apollon (12 episodes, but one of my favorites)

Princess Tutu (Whether or not the ending is happy is debatable. For the most part, it is, but.... well... it's a "fairytale ending" wink

Arakawa Under the Bridge

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (I'm challenging your dislike of harems with a parody of harems. Honestly, it doesn't feel like a harem. And it meets the other criteria)
I really enjoy High school of the dead, but only the first 13 episodes are allowed in america, you can find the japanese ones with english subtitles but it's tricky to get a good quality one.
wow, i should be taking recommendations from you XD
How about Nana, or paradise kiss? Chihayafuru (although it's not a romance)?
YingYang1
wow, i should be taking recommendations from you XD
How about Nana, or paradise kiss? Chihayafuru (although it's not a romance)?
OH MAN IS NANA AND PARADISE KISS are GOOD! So good. I killed all of Nana in like 2 days my eyes hurt! haha

I really enjoyed Ano Nastu de Matteru thou. This show is one of those fairly newer ones. Its short, cute and has wonderful animation. Its like the better version of Please Teacher imo
http://static.minitokyo.net/downloads/25/41/569575.jpg

Princess Tutu-amazing
Nodame Cantabile- Hilarious but not many lovely dovey scenes

I wanna see Honey & Clover so bad. I'm reading the manga and its adorable!

Enduring Hunter

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
If you dont like Clannad you wont like Kanon.

I'd suggest the EF series, Amagami SS, Tenhi Muyo, Chobits, Angel Beats.

I would seriously consider finishing Clannad, theres fight scenes and some epic crap that happens.

Mega Hunter

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100
If you want my honest opinion, anime isn't good with romance. Most of time they fall back on gimmicky and overused cliches and characters, and don't bother to develop the characters or make a believable romance. For anime, it's quantity over quality: how many sexy girls can be the love interest of this guy, how many kiss scenes can we have instead of exploring the dynamics and communication of the relationship, let's make the guy a complete jerk who has a secret nice side and let's make the girl a completely helpless love-mainiac that will do anything for him no matter how badly he treats her and let's have this appear in many animes, or lets make the guy a complete pushover with no real personality and lets make the girl an abusive tsundare, lets give unnecessary drama over and over instead of having a plot in which the two characters can grow and learn about each other and getting closer in the process, let's not forget to add in all these useless side characters, many of them, that have no real purpose, other then to make drama and support the main girl when she's down and get angry at the villian.

So I have a challenge for you. I'm going to give you anime that will most likely fulfill your wishes and needs, but I'm also going to make you go out of your comfort zone and give you anime that are good on their own and full of romances that are not mushy, but realistic, magical and emphasize quality of romance, character growth, and the plot over quantity and fan service. Whether you choose to watch these, or like them is all up to you. Can you take on MY challenge?

From what I'm getting from your critieria, as long as there's a lot of love moments, as long as the guys look cute, as long as the romance itself is there and there are a lot of scenes, it doesn't seem like it will take much to satisfy you. Not to be rude.

So based on your criteria and what I've noticed, I'll give you a few you may personally like.

Sailor Moon
Howl's Moving Castle (I LOVE THIS ONE, it's really good)
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Paradise Kiss
Air TV (short, but popular in the romance genre)
Zero No Tsukiama (if you like Sword Art Online, it's highly likely you'll like this)

However, if you want anime that has good romance, good story, good characters, anime that takes its time to create both the boy and girl and then bring them together, with a story, as well as meaningful messages in their romance, here are some that fit the bill. The best romances are those that take place within the story, not those that are the story itself. These are characters and stories that go into people's personal favorites lists.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
There are many romances in this one, and while they may not get as much screen time as you want them too, the emotion underlying these romances and the plot and characters surrounding them far outweigh the lack of mooshy scenes and make up for it by giving you legitimate character growth, and loving, multifaceted relationships. Each character in a relationship has a history, their own goals, and their own trials and lessons to learn. They are people who experience life the way we do, with hardship and loss, but they support each other and rise up and bring each other happiness, especially the main couple (and if this isn't a message about what love can do in adversity, I don't know what is). And even when there is no romance going on, you can feel, through subtle thoughts and emotions and facial expressions, when a character is thinking about the other, when a character feels loved and appreciated, and when a character worries and supports. It's a hard anime to watch at times, but it, and the romances, ends well. There are a slew of couples to choose from, from the young and sexy EdXWin, to the grown up and devoted RoyXAye, to the cute AlXMai, to the sweet IzumiXCurtiss. Plus, the women in this show, kick some MAJOR a** and the animation is top notch and gorgeous! I recommend watching this first.

Princess Tutu
Yet another underrated anime. In addition to having a plot that takes fairy tales and adds both depth and magic to them, there are two, or you could say three (depending on who you ship), couples in this anime. Not only is the main female lead an honest heroine, who grows and becomes a better person and touches people's hearts, but the person she begins to have feelings for also grows, also learns and does things for the greater good. In addition there is another romance in it, which if flawed, but beautifully executed. The second romance shows devotion, growth on the girl's part (and the boy's to an extent), and a man being touched by her love for him in such a way (I won't spoil it, see it for yourself). It's a simple story, but it's full of sweetness, ideas about growing up and fighting against fate. It challenges you to watch people grow, and fight back to prevent tragedy. Plus, if you like mooshy scenes, though they aren't many but more then in Fullmetal Alchemist, this anime has one of the couples dancing the seduction ballet from Carmon, and MAN is it sweet, romantic, and encouraging. The boys aren't cookie cuter jerks. They have reasons for why they are the way they are and they grow out of being jerks and treat their ladies with respect and courtesy. It's a really good story, and it has two great love stories in it. This anime makes romance grow slowly, but magically. At first gglance, this show may seem childish, but it's deeper and darker then it looks, and it ends beautifully. The best magical girl anime, in my opinion. Start with this one, if you are having trouble deciding which one of my challenges to watch, and if you watch only one, this is the one for you.

Escaflowne
I see you were thinking about watching this. Do it. This anime takes all the old tired cliches, and makes them new and exciting again. The romance is, again, not directly in your face. It's subtle but there. Friendship is the key element that supports the romance, as it is in all relationships that last and keep their flair. In addition, the characters are surrounded by a world that is fantastic, mysterious, and exciting. The main female lead is the most realistic teenager in anime. Not only does she not have her head in the clouds, or freak out like every single anime girl that falls in love, but she also takes her actions into account. She learns from her mistakes. The guy, isn't a jerk, he's, much like the girl, a normal teenager, as normal as a king can be anyway. I will admit, this show isn't for anyone, but it is one of those shows that you can watch as a kid and as an adult and appreciate what it takes the time to give you.

Blue Seed (Heh, the title's in blue)
An oldie but a goldie. Whenever I mention this anime, people look at me and scratch their head. Every anime that takes a naive but spunky 15 year old girl and pairs her with a half human, half something else, guy copied the couple from this show to some degree. For starters, you have a believable 15 year old girl who, even though she's not the most perfect fighter, she has a strong will and is a very understanding person. The guy in this anime is one of the best anime boyfriends ever. He's protective, he's sweet, he almost never treats her badly and when he does, he has a reason, he makes up for his actions, he quickly learns who he loves and why, he helps her grow, he trusts her, he supports her and he only ever gets mad at her when she's being reckless or when she's putting herself in danger. This is an old anime, the art style and animation CAN be irritating at times, and the guy, who is cute in his own way, can look odd at times because of the animation. But he loves the girl for who she is, and doesn't care that she isn't super pretty. He accepts her flaws and she accepts his. As soon as episode 2 you can see that they are starting to fall for each other, all the while the girl learns about herself and her destiny and protects those around her. Their romance grows slowly, but its something magical, you can't pinpoint when love happened, you can only say it happened gradually, and almost every episode has a hint, a nudge, a moment, a thought, a smile, something that tells you that he or she is thinking, having a crush, worrying, complementing, teasing, and growing from each other. One of the best and most forgotten anime couples out there. But PLEASE, watch this in the sub, the bud suuuucks!

Also, I have TWO MANGA for you: Anatolia Story (or Red River), and Mars. If you are a true hopeless romantic, you will like both of these. Both have drama, adventure, romance, and both end well. Mars is about a shy girl named Kira who likes to draw and the bad boy she falls for who changes, his and her life for the better. Anatolia Story is about a girl who gets pulled into another world and falls for the prince there, it's a historical drama with a LOT of VERY sexy scenes.

Finally, I doubt you'd EVER watch this anime, but, just to give you a taste of the most epic romantic confession EVER, here's a clip. Also, this clip is majorly spoilerific, but I guarantee you that there is NO anime out there that has something so heartfelt, so romantic, and so epic at the same time! If the clip doesn't load, follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wm5dHPL6Rg

P.S. I DARE you to tell me that there there isn't at least ONE here that you won't like.

Wheezing Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Little Snow Usagi

Here's my list of animes you might like (:

No game No life
Shugo Chara
Say "I love you"
My Little Monster
Skip Beat