Welcome to Gaia! ::

I say that in 2016, we all write "Mike Hunt" onto the ballot.

Conservative Victory

Quite an ambitious dream on your part, becoming the most powerful person in the world. I want to run for office myself but I am thinking more along the lines of the House of Representatives not the President of the United States. I feel I have excellent ideas, but I am too confrontational for a national audience.

Usually those who run for the presidency work their way to that position, usually as Representatives, Senators, and governors. Being a governor probably prepares you best for the position, because each state is diverse on a whole range of issues, and if you can show you have the executive leadership to run a state, then you can run a country too. The states are like mini experiments. Send people from the Congress to the presidency and you get your extreme partisan hacks like Obama who represented only the city of Chicago in Congress. Yes he was a Senator but in Illinois Chicago picks the Democrats who serve in all positions. Or you get Gingrich who tried running but ran into too much conflict with is own party over his leadership as House Speaker. And private sector experience is also a plus. It shows you can connect with the people in the anti-establishment age, where the Tea Party picks the Republicans, and Occupy Wall Street picks the Democrats.

Now would you get my vote, that remains to be unseen. I value that you have an extremely strong work ethic, will not waste your time in office, and your motives are noble, but that is only the surface.

What party would you run under?
What ideology describes your views?
What are your specifics for long-term economic growth?
What are your specifics on tax reform and business-friendliness?
Will you show fiscal restraint and cut spending and reduce the national debt?
What is your view of the federal government, and the role it should play?
What are your stances on cultural issues?
Are you going to take a strong stance when dealing with other countries around the world?
What are your ideas for strengthening education in America?
What are your ideas for achieving quality, universal health coverage?
Do you believe the United States can achieve energy independence?

All of those are important questions that help determine the candidates I vote for. And most of those questions, and your responses, will determine whether I or most Americans cast ballots for you. You can talk a big game, but you have to deliver on specifics too. I have spent years crafting my positions and articulating my viewpoints on those issues should I ever make a run for office. I want to know where I stand, and convey that to the people, and show I am a qualified candidate with solid proposals for improving the nation.

Dangerous Reveler

prof-whoriarty
Impact Warning
LEGALIZE WEED YOU ******** UP TO WASHINGTON IT'S LEGAL UP HERE NOW

On my way.

Hilarious Prophet

Prince Ikari

Democrat.
Quote:
Progressivism.
Quote:
I will always make sure that the majority of people always have money to spend by taxing major corporations and the top 1% of Americans.
Quote:
Small businesses that aren't part of chains should receive subsidies if they're relatively new so they can stay competitive.
Quote:
Yes, billionaires don't need subsidies for their private jets.
Quote:
The Federal Government should remain limited and not infringe upon constitutional rights.
Quote:
Americans should not be divided.
Quote:
Are you going to take a strong stance when dealing with other countries around the world?
America will always remain on the defensive.
Quote:
Tuition will be lowered depending upon your income. Knowledge should not be limited to the reigning perspective.
Quote:
Healthcare should be a given in the United States but competition should be allowed as not to create monopolies.
Quote:
Yes, but only when we can invest attention in new sources of energy.

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jacque De Molay
Prince Ikari

Democrat.
Quote:
Progressivism.
Quote:
I will always make sure that the majority of people always have money to spend by taxing major corporations and the top 1% of Americans.
Quote:
Small businesses that aren't part of chains should receive subsidies if they're relatively new so they can stay competitive.
Quote:
Yes, billionaires don't need subsidies for their private jets.
Quote:
The Federal Government should remain limited and not infringe upon constitutional rights.
Quote:
Americans should not be divided.
Quote:
America will always remain on the defensive.
Quote:
Tuition will be lowered depending upon your income. Knowledge should not be limited to the reigning perspective.
Quote:
Healthcare should be a given in the United States but competition should be allowed as not to create monopolies.
Quote:
Yes, but only when we can invest attention in new sources of energy.

Oh, c'mon, you can do better than this! Give some more detail! Shouldn't you be passionate about this?

Anyway, it pains me to say so, but this 'concept' of yours is completely unrealistic.
Tax the major companies so heavily that 'the majority of the people's got money to spend'? First of all, what's that even supposed to mean? And secondly, if the taxes for major companies increase that drastically, they will leave the US, simple as that.
And anyway, do you wanna finance your more affordable education by using that same tax money? Cause in that case that's gotta be a lot of tax money! And talking about education, what do you think about America's public high schools? Would you change something about them?

Please give some more information about pretty much everything else.

Oh, and regarding the question whether you're gay or an atheist - hello! This is America! OF COURSE IT MATTERS! Yes, it's pretty sad that it does in fact matter that much still, but I'm fairly sure that it won't change anytime soon. One nation under God and everything, everything, y'know?

Conservative Victory

Jacque De Molay

You DEFINITELY lost my vote lol. I do note vote for progressive Democrats, any candidate who talks about raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans, or talks about trying to hurt Americans at the pump to push for alternative energy sources. No offense. But I agree with you on competition in healthcare, and having a limited government that does not infringe on constitutional rights. Which is odd because most progressive Democrats want a single-payer healthcare system, and tend to knock the Constitution. But your views will appeal to others. For the most part I am your exact opposite, a conservative Republican in the mold of those like former President Calvin Coolidge.

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jacque De Molay
Impact Warning
LEGALIZE WEED YOU ********] I promise that the right choice will be made.

Aw Jeez. Don't start off with vague responses...

Hilarious Prophet

Prince Ikari
Jacque De Molay

You DEFINITELY lost my vote lol. I do note vote for progressive Democrats, any candidate who talks about raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans, or talks about trying to hurt Americans at the pump to push for alternative energy sources. No offense. But I agree with you on competition in healthcare, and having a limited government that does not infringe on constitutional rights. Which is odd because most progressive Democrats want a single-payer healthcare system, and tend to knock the Constitution. But your views will appeal to others. For the most part I am your exact opposite, a conservative Republican in the mold of those like former President Calvin Coolidge.
By progressive I mean I am open to alternatives. I'm a fan of LBJ, do you think his 'Great Society' would've happened if we hadn't gotten into Vietnam?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Yeah, enjoy being blamed for everything and hated by multitudes based on misinformation pumped out by a biased media

Hilarious Prophet

littlpinkunicorn

Anyway, it pains me to say so, but this 'concept' of yours is completely unrealistic.
Tax the major companies so heavily that 'the majority of the people's got money to spend'? First of all, what's that even supposed to mean? And secondly, if the taxes for major companies increase that drastically, they will leave the US, simple as that.
Leave America and alienate a huge consumer base? I feel that every citizen shouldn't have a huge chunk taken out of their paycheck. If people are spending money expansion will happen.
Quote:
And anyway, do you wanna finance your more affordable education by using that same tax money? Cause in that case that's gotta be a lot of tax money! And talking about education, what do you think about America's public high schools? Would you change something about them?
Honestly, teachers are too secure and almost can't get fired unless the case is extreme. Teachers should fear losing their job if they do terribly.

Quote:
Please give some more information about pretty much everything else.

Oh, and regarding the question whether you're gay or an atheist - hello! This is America! OF COURSE IT MATTERS! Yes, it's pretty sad that it does in fact matter that much still, but I'm fairly sure that it won't change anytime soon. One nation under God and everything, everything, y'know?
I am not a homosexual or an athiest.

Fanatical Zealot

Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
Jacque De Molay
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't want to be president; at best, I want Stephen Colbert to be president.
It's my birthright to run for President and I intend to fulfill it.

Quote:
I feel as if I have a lot of good ideas but I want to run them over with, "the people", and scientists and whatnot before enacting them.
You should be obligated to run ideas by the people.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I'm right but you never know, you could be wrong, a with a decision this big I want to make sure I'm right. xp
I will foster this nation with time tested principles that have been proven to work.

Well, like what?

Also it's no-one's birthright to be president, per say. xp
Leadership is the right of those who command it. In a nation of people who expect the best we can't afford to perform subpar, not when there are those who deal with the pain that stems from a loss of opportunity. I stand for a nation built by the people. I stand for the love of your fellow American. I stand for those who cannot and I stand for the United States of America!

wut

But what does that do for me?

Conservative Victory

Jacque De Molay
Prince Ikari
Jacque De Molay

By progressive I mean I am open to alternatives. I'm a fan of LBJ, do you think his 'Great Society' would've happened if we hadn't gotten into Vietnam?

And when I think progressive I think social justice and wealth redistribution. I think of economic stagnation and union thugs. I think of increased poverty and less liberty and freedom. I think of individuals willing to sell American sovereignty away to the United Nations. I think of successful individuals being punished for being successful and making money. I see myself spending more for food and energy because of inflation and climate change legislation. Not too mention lower-quality healthcare in which government bureaucrats determine my healthcare. I also see moral decay, a loss of American traditional values and a rise in secularism, as well as one big middle finger to the Constitution.

As far as LBJ, I cannot stand him. Just another big-government progressive who wasted money on government programs and a bloody and long war in South-East Asia that no one wanted. Actually I would have loved if the Great Society had never happened. I consider the programs created under it to be absolute failures that have prolonged poverty for the last half of the century and bankrupted our country. Like I had said, I am a Coolidge-style conservative Republican. The Republicans that drastically cut income and corporate taxes down to nothing, were very pro-free-market capitalism, limited government, would not spend money on domestic programs, made sure that debt was payed off, did not get involved militarily in other countries, and so forth. I am glad that people like Coolidge actually kicked the progressives out of the Republican Party in the 1920s and returned it to its conservative roots.

Fanatical Zealot

I'm an agnostic straightosexual.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas