Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Of gaia....the games suck, they are not putting out GOOD new ones. Most of my old friends have left, or hardly get on due to jobs/college. On top of that half of the new friends I meet are young and I feel awkward....Especially when they start to seem like they look up to me @.@ or they try to treat me their own age...and I'm sorry but I am not 14 years old and dealing with parents, I can give advice but I don't deal with the same issues anymore...and so sometimes I find it hard to be like, oh yeah, or, when I was that age. Geez that just makes me sound old...I want to talk to people closer to my age, people that go to college or have jobs. I only get on for the couple of friends that I have in my age group/situation and well...they aren't on often and neither am I...Should I quit and find other ways to contact these friends or nay?

(On top of that the whole GC push has me very upset..)
There are many different ways to enjoy Gaia. The way I do it isn't really affected by my age (I'm turning 32 this month), but I understand it's not for everyone.

If all you're looking for is a way to keep in touch with the friends you've already made, and those friends are hardly on Gaia anymore, then maybe it's indeed time to move on.

But if you're willing to explore other ways to enjoy the site, hey, give it a chance. ^^

Perfect Saint

You're at an awkward Gaia age. You might find other interests checking out the rest of the site. It's not really a gaming site so games will not be their priority so much as items and the forums.

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Myrielle
You're at an awkward Gaia age. You might find other interests checking out the rest of the site. It's not really a gaming site so games will not be their priority so much as items and the forums.

I understand that but...the GC and the people...I have a hard time actually reaching out unless it is an event or something a friend asks me to join. I haven't been getting much of that lately...

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
keiiii
There are many different ways to enjoy Gaia. The way I do it isn't really affected by my age (I'm turning 32 this month), but I understand it's not for everyone.

If all you're looking for is a way to keep in touch with the friends you've already made, and those friends are hardly on Gaia anymore, then maybe it's indeed time to move on.

But if you're willing to explore other ways to enjoy the site, hey, give it a chance. ^^

Part of my issue is reaching out. I'm generally wary of actually getting to know people online these days as opposed to when I was younger. Bad experiences, first gaia account hacked, bullied...yes this happened on gaia, and my newer acc (this one) stopped that and since then I have been a bit wary...of...online people. :/

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
They have a bunch a guilds out there for the 20+ age group on Gaia.
And they are pretty nice little hangouts, and no they aren't filled with smut. Maybe look at joining a couple?

barium711's Wife

Festive Leader

21,800 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Keep your old friends, but make some new ones. Gaia is full of people of all ages, and if you go through all the forums and other places they might hide, I'm sure you'll find people your own age. I'm 26, and the majority of my Gaia friends are pretty much around my age or a little older. If you still like Gaia for Gaia, then stay and find some new awesome people to enjoy it with.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
How can anyone dislike this thread? it is relevant to everything that Gaiaonline is. if you think about it Gaiaonline is a boring site with little none interaction. The games are bland, the people are boring, the forums are boring, the site is BORING. The only reason most people stay is because of theis most common reasons, but they got their own issues that pop also with them!
1) Spent some money on the site, and don't want to just leave.

2) They like dressing up their avatar's and stating what they think about this site and the awful things they do. Half of the time no one says anything GOOD about what is going on, and if they do someone always has to be negative.

3) They enjoy playing the games, and half of the time they enjoy it for a hour or two then get bored. Half of the good names need updates, and they killed zOMG! The most interesting part of the site with the most interaction because they decided they needed to focus on "building" lol get srs, focus on what keeps people around.

4) They enjoy the forums, and the people. The forums get boring over time though, and the people are either self riotous, believe they are Superior, and or they got to ONE UP anyone who comes in their path. In my 5 years on Gaiaonline I have never YET made a friend in the forums on this site.

TL;DR This site is boring, bland, and most features are dried up and not fun.

Man-Hungry Bear

Questing: 35m / 50m
User Image
I'm sorry, this isn't the life issues sub-forum.

emotion_eyebrow

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
I've gotten bored with it, too. For some reason, though, I've come back. Maybe because I'm finding Facebook to be boring since I removed most of the games I was playing there and I don't give a big s**t about what my RL "friends" are doing. Haha. Whatever.

I also got tired of making what I felt were great avatars and not sharing them.

If it's boring you, step away for a bit. Your account isn't going anywhere soon. It'll wait for you to find things interesting again.

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
South Polar Eclipse
And they are pretty nice little hangouts, and no they aren't filled with smut. Maybe look at joining a couple?

Except I won't be twenty until January and I don't feel like lying about my age...I am kinda still in the transition where half of the people around me see me as an adult, and the other half try to baby me @.@ and I dislike it...

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Midnight Shadows Strike
South Polar Eclipse

Except I won't be twenty until January and I don't feel like lying about my age...I am kinda still in the transition where half of the people around me see me as an adult, and the other half try to baby me @.@ and I dislike it...

I feel your pain, I'm 21 and I get babied by older people a lot. Like Once in a thread we were talking about cartoons, I brought up Rugrats and got laughed at cause it wasn't old enough. (lame)

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Undead Hatter
How can anyone dislike this thread? it is relevant to everything that Gaiaonline is. if you think about it Gaiaonline is a boring site with little none interaction. The games are bland, the people are boring, the forums are boring, the site is BORING. The only reason most people stay is because of theis most common reasons, but they got their own issues that pop also with them!
1) Spent some money on the site, and don't want to just leave.

2) They like dressing up their avatar's and stating what they think about this site and the awful things they do. Half of the time no one says anything GOOD about what is going on, and if they do someone always has to be negative.

3) They enjoy playing the games, and half of the time they enjoy it for a hour or two then get bored. Half of the good names need updates, and they killed zOMG! The most interesting part of the site with the most interaction because they decided they needed to focus on "building" lol get srs, focus on what keeps people around.

4) They enjoy the forums, and the people. The forums get boring over time though, and the people are either self riotous, believe they are Superior, and or they got to ONE UP anyone who comes in their path. In my 5 years on Gaiaonline I have never YET made a friend in the forums on this site.

TL;DR This site is boring, bland, and most features are dried up and not fun.

Maybe because those people don't understand the fact that my whole post is about Gaiaonline XD which is another reason I get upset...I post things where I post them because they are related. Yea this is kinda asking for advice, but advice about Gaiaonline. This is why I have issues with some of the people..they don't seem to understand basic things. @.@ This topic didn't seem like it would fit in the life advice becaise...this isn't about life advice. Gaia isn't big enough to need serious life advice so I didn't want to post it in that forum because guess what? People would complain there too. Maybe Gaia needs a "Gaia advice" forum XD

Noble Vampire

11,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
South Polar Eclipse
Midnight Shadows Strike
South Polar Eclipse

I feel your pain, I'm 21 and I get babied by older people a lot. Like Once in a thread we were talking about cartoons, I brought up Rugrats and got laughed at cause it wasn't old enough. (lame)

Exactly. I'm in that transition where everything is awkward...Even in real life I have people calling me a kiddo still and it REALLY bugs me...

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Midnight Shadows Strike
South Polar Eclipse
Midnight Shadows Strike
South Polar Eclipse

Exactly. I'm in that transition where everything is awkward...Even in real life I have people calling me a kiddo still and it REALLY bugs me...

Me too, I hate it. Old enough to drink but not old enough to talk about the 90's, and I remember the 90's very well. SKIP ITS, FURBYS, SKYDANCERS, AND ALL. emotion_donotwant And Blue Pepsie. emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff