Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Huh. You know, I'm trying to imagine myself in that situation. I put the Hot Pockets in the microwave, and someone stops them halfway through, takes them out, touches them in order to "fix" them, and then puts them back in.

That would actually really piss me off. Why would you touch my food? Why would you pause the cooking of my food in order to add a piece that I clearly wasn't interested in adding (the crisping sleeve)? Is following the directions on the Hot Pockets box really that important to you?

Okay, no, a screaming match probably wasn't warranted. But maybe now she won't do it again.
I would be irritated that someone touched my food, but I would not turn into a screaming brat about it.

The sleeves were in the box at the top of the trash can. It's not like she had to go digging through rancid meat to retrieve them. Plus, your Hot Pockets probably have dead bugs, rat hairs, and a bunch of other crap in them from their manufacturing days.

11,725 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
The next time your mother is cooking something in the mircowave, you should go down, pluck something from the trash and put it next to her food then walk away.

As for your sister, I'm sure you can think of something, like putting a mousetrap in her underwear drawer or something.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
WHlTE TlGER 2
They don't melt or burn. You know how sometimes the bread can get kinda hard? I think it helps with that.

I do that with slices of pizza. The other day I bunt my mouth doing this. I got to learn if its too hot to hold, it's too hot to eat. I was eating Digorno Garlic Bread pizza. I've never been a big Digiorno fan, but it was so ******** good. I actually think it's better than most restaurants around me.

They have been coming out with all sorts of ones.
I had a Limited Edition Four Cheese Garlic Pasta Bake HotPocket and it was surprisingly good. I wish I could find them again.

I had a Whole Grain Turkey, Broccoli & Cheese Lean Pocket as a midnight snack last night/this morning.

I still can't do it without thinking that. I just don't want it there. It'll irritate me being there.

Now that DiGiorno sounds really good! But yea, sucks it burnt ya. Happened to me a few times as well.

The best ones are usually limited, sadly.

Gonecrazy12345
Why do I have a feeling that your anger has less to do with what your mother did and more to do with something else. Did something bad happen to you today or something?

Also why did your mom even do that? I mean what was the point..........I don't even understand what would make her do that, it just seemed completely random.

Only little things throughout the day. Overall, I was in a good mood though. But my mood always drops when she gets home.

B/c she is obsessed with being right and since she feels she is always right, she'll do whatever she wants to ensure herself that she is right. More often than not though, she is wrong, and even when shown she is wrong, she will still continue to believe she is right. As twisted as it may sound to you, this is perfectly within the realm of normal for her, b/c she is a twisted person.

Delavie
You spoiled, ungrateful little..........

Hoo, deep breaths.

Something tells me that there are definitely pots and pans and seasoning and recipe books sitting around in your mother's house.

Why don't you go COOK something? emotion_donotwant

I fail to see how this makes me spoiled or ungrateful. If you wish to fetch something from the garbage can and put it on your food and eat it, please, by all means, go for it.

I don't see the reason to make a huge meal when all I was looking for was something small, since it was like 11 pm and all. I was trying to minimize making a mess neutral

MarigoldMari
Wow...unsanitary...forgive me, but your mom is gross neutral There's so much bacteria in the garbage, regardless. They say that if you put a piece of buttered toast on the floor buttered side down, that the toast will get all of the bacteria it will ever get on it in 5 seconds. Same for that Hot Pockets packaging in the trash xp

I would have eaten it if I had no food at all. Heck, I've eaten stuff out of the garbage because I had no other food. But goddamn gross.

It sounds like your mom was trying to help you out, because you're supposed to cook Hot Pockets with the crisping sleeve, but ew...

She is gross, even more so with other peoples food than her own. Knowing her, she would have eaten it anyway to spite me.....then blamed me when she got sick from it later saying I made her eat it <_<

revan onasi
Just to add my 2 cents as a germaphobe - If you put the sleeve, which was still in the hot pocket wrapper, into the hot pocket box before tossing it, it couldn't have touched anything in the garbage - although I agree that just the idea of it is gross. And I would need to know if she washed her hands in between retrieving it and putting it on the hot pocket.

Also, write your name on your lunchables.

She did not wash her hands in between. I never heard the water run.

I do intend to write my name on them now.

[Smecksay Lemons]
Probably an overreaction but I can understand where you come from. Been there multiple times. -_-

My boyfriends dad is pretty bad about grabbing stuff out of the garbage. You throw away a loaf of bread that clearly has mold on it, he'll take it out and just cut off the mold.. Not only was it moldy, hard and bad, but it now had garbage touching it.. Just no.. Then he'll make some very fragrant and nasty food and put it in the refrigerator uncovered. So everything tastes and smells like his nasty concoctions. Want tea? Now it tastes like garlic tuna tea. No bueno. He'll also leave stuff that needs refrigerated out on the counter over night, then put it in the fridge and then later offer it as food to people.

As for the food disappearing, I fully understand that one, since we had an encounter with that a few weeks ago. My boyfriends uncle (what's wrong with his family? Lol) came into town. We had bought 6 bananas because they make a good breakfast/snack and we're trying to eat healthier. Mind you these were bought at 8 at night. By the next morning, all six bananas were gone. Six.. ********.. Bananas.. How can someone eat six ******** bananas in less that 12 hours? You kidding me?

Well, I was calm until she said I was being stupid. Then I got pissed.

Your bf's dad sounds like a rather intolerable person when it comes to food. I absolutely would not be able to stand that.

LMAO, how the hell did he eat that many bananas!? That's so....wow.

Sorghey
25 years old and you
1) still live with your mom
2) cannot even make real food
3) whining about something this retarded

what a catch!

rolleyes

1) Plenty my age still live at home. I have a job, it just isn't stable enough (yet) to warrant me moving out. If I were to move out, and things at my job did not go as I planned, I could potentially be living on my own without a job. B/c that sounds like a solid plan.
2) I fail to see how this matters at 11 pm in the night when I was looking for something small to eat. I also fail to see how my inability to cook warrants being put down for it. Lots of people can't cook. This isn't exactly something that's not normal, especially among guys.
3) You eat food from the garbage and be calm about it.

Nice attempt at trying to analyze me when the only thing you know about me is what I posted in the OP. I hope you're not a psych major.

Mightelove
Why don't you buy and prepare some real food? Hot Pockets, Lunchables and Bagel Bites don't even count as food. They are garbage and belong in the garbage.

Fridge was nearing empty. It was like 11 pm. Why should I go through all that effort for a something small to eat? Thanks for judging what I eat though. Last I checked, it was only hurting myself and considering I don't care too much about my health...

Robot Giny
Huh. You know, I'm trying to imagine myself in that situation. I put the Hot Pockets in the microwave, and someone stops them halfway through, takes them out, touches them in order to "fix" them, and then puts them back in.

That would actually really piss me off. Why would you touch my food? Why would you pause the cooking of my food in order to add a piece that I clearly wasn't interested in adding (the crisping sleeve)? Is following the directions on the Hot Pockets box really that important to you?

Okay, no, a screaming match probably wasn't warranted. But maybe now she won't do it again.

Was calm until she said I was being stupid. Yea no, I don't take kindly to insults.

The Silent Beast
The next time your mother is cooking something in the mircowave, you should go down, pluck something from the trash and put it next to her food then walk away.

As for your sister, I'm sure you can think of something, like putting a mousetrap in her underwear drawer or something.

World War III would occur.

Twin Suns Three
I would be irritated that someone touched my food, but I would not turn into a screaming brat about it.

The sleeves were in the box at the top of the trash can. It's not like she had to go digging through rancid meat to retrieve them. Plus, your Hot Pockets probably have dead bugs, rat hairs, and a bunch of other crap in them from their manufacturing days.

I should really edit into my first post that the reason it went to that was b/c she said I was being stupid.

Once it's in the garbage, I consider it to be gone for good. And everything has dead bugs and such on it, not like the food I was trying to eat was an exception.
Stop Touching My Fetus
Bornes
User ImageYour mom ******** up.

However, you seriously over-reacted, dude.

I wanted to agree with you when I started reading this thread. I really did.
But I just can't.

Screaming over probably-clean cardboard on your hotpocket is just not very.... Uh.
Well it's not something I feel like a normal adult human being would do.

I second this right here.

I completely get where OP is coming from, but talk about making a mountain out of a goddamn molehill...
Woah, is that your fetus in that pic? It's so big now.

You probably don't remember me, but I used to see you around the Exchange years and years ago. Must have been 2009, maybe earlier. Just thought I would say hi. xP

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
lImSoWhiteLOL
Quote:
TOOK THE ******** LITTLE BOX THINGS OUT OF THE ******** FULL GARBAGE CAN, AND PUT IT ON MY HOT POCKETS

Why the ******** would she do that??? gonk

She has this thing where she feels she is right 100% of the time. As such, she felt I was going to burn myself while eating the hot pockets (which I did twice 3 yrs ago), and decided to go into the skeezy a** garbage can to get the sleeves out. Yea, she kinda doesn't think before doing things and makes horrid assumptions about things. My sister does the same. Bad enough to be living with one person like that, but to live with 2 is unbearable. Can't wait to move out. I hope this job is stable. I'd rather be stressed out at work than stressed out at home.

11,725 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Daring Investigator 50
inviso87
The Silent Beast
The next time your mother is cooking something in the microwave, you should go down, pluck something from the trash and put it next to her food then walk away.

... It would be hilarious.

As for the other asses in this thread that are saying stuff like "Hot Pockets r bad 4 u" and "It already has bugs and s**t in it" don't listen to that crap. Hot Pockets are just warm sandwiches that are covered. I've been eating Hot Pockets and Ramen pretty much exclusively for many years, ever since I was employed so at least 5 years, with no negative repercussions. The FDA would shut them down if such a thing was in the hot pockets, especially because that'd corner the market away from the bug filled and rancid Hot Dog market.

No parent should EVER call their child stupid. That's just the worst thing you could ever do. I don't care if you're 5, or 25, your parents are supposed to be pillars of support to you. Not jackasses who correct everything you do different than them and call you dirty names when you do something different.

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Silent Beast
inviso87
The Silent Beast
The next time your mother is cooking something in the microwave, you should go down, pluck something from the trash and put it next to her food then walk away.

As for the other asses in this thread that are saying stuff like "Hot Pockets r bad 4 u" and "It already has bugs and s**t in it" don't listen to that crap. Hot Pockets are just warm sandwiches that are covered. I've been eating Hot Pockets and Ramen pretty much exclusively for many years, ever since I was employed so at least 5 years, with no negative repercussions. The FDA would shut them down if such a thing was in the hot pockets, especially because that'd corner the market away from the bug filled and rancid Hot Dog market.

No parent should EVER call their child stupid. That's just the worst thing you could ever do. I don't care if you're 5, or 25, your parents are supposed to be pillars of support to you. Not jackasses who correct everything you do different than them and call you dirty names when you do something different.

For outsiders, def. Not so much for me, lol

Oh no, I'm sure a parent could say worse, haha.

lImSoWhiteLOL
And she thought taking the hot pocket sleeve out of the trash was the right thing to do. emotion_puke emotion_puke emotion_puke

There you go, now you're getting into my mom's twisted mindset.
lol THIS got you angry? you would kill yourself if you had to move in and grow up in my house op
Robot Giny

try wanting to kick your hoarder parents out

11,725 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Daring Investigator 50
inviso87
The Silent Beast
inviso87
The Silent Beast

For outsiders, def. Not so much for me, lol

Oh no, I'm sure a parent could say worse, haha.

I'm not so sure. I mean, that's what she did to your food. So why wouldn't she appreciate it the same way she expected you to? AS for your sister, I was just sayign pulling a mild juvenile prank, because stealing someone else's food is pretty frikking juvenile of her.

That's not the point, man. She didn't apologize for calling you stupid, yet she's supposed to be the more mature out of the two of you, being your parent.
The Silent Beast
. She didn't apologize for calling you stupid, yet she's supposed to be the more mature out of the two of you, being your parent.

i loled im sorrry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces