Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever had to kick someone out of your house?

Yes 0.2589928057554 25.9% [ 36 ]
No 0.28057553956835 28.1% [ 39 ]
I live with my parents =( 0.46043165467626 46.0% [ 64 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17

High-functioning Lover

Hellz yeah, girl. emotion_brofist I hate it when guys (or, even, sometimes other women) say s**t like that. When that happens, I'm just like, "Leave my presence before I hurt you." emotion_donotwant

Predestined Hero

18,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
What a loser lol
But the whole inviting thing....sounds like a bad idea already

Noob

Sexual Innuendo
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo

What false statement? I never made a false statement.

Sure you did. You said white people face just as much discrimination as black people, and men face just as much discrimination as women. Do you have any proof to back this up? If not, I will have to assume you just made it up and lied.

What do you want me to do? Get some test tubes and experiment on people?
Sure! That'd work. Something easier, however, would be using Google to find sources to back up your claims.

How are people supposed to accurately find out about these things? Even conducting surveys isn't accurate, because people can always tell lies. Plus, a black person won't notice how a white person is discriminated, and a white person wouldn't know how a black person is discriminated. This is the same thing for gender.

You ma'am, are very ignorant, and denying this would only make this true. I never said women aren't discriminated, they are. I'm a woman, and I know how it feels to be put down. But men are also discriminated just as much as women, even by their own sex.

My point from the beginning was that you took things too seriously, and look, you even took me, a fifteen year old kid, too seriously.
Should have given him the Mr. Grasshopper foot kick to the face.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo

What false statement? I never made a false statement.

Sure you did. You said white people face just as much discrimination as black people, and men face just as much discrimination as women. Do you have any proof to back this up? If not, I will have to assume you just made it up and lied.

What do you want me to do? Get some test tubes and experiment on people?
Sure! That'd work. Something easier, however, would be using Google to find sources to back up your claims.

How are people supposed to accurately find out about these things? Even conducting surveys isn't accurate, because people can always tell lies. Plus, a black person won't notice how a white person is discriminated, and a white person wouldn't know how a black person is discriminated. This is the same thing for gender.

You ma'am, are very ignorant, and denying this would only make this true. I never said women aren't discriminated, they are. I'm a woman, and I know how it feels to be put down. But men are also discriminated just as much as women, even by their own sex.

My point from the beginning was that you took things too seriously, and look, you even took me, a fifteen year old kid, too seriously.
Actually, there are plenty of studies that take out variables such as ability to lie, etc. For instance, identical resumes with different names - some male, some female, some black-sounding, some white-sounding - will receive different numbers of call-backs. White men will be called back more often than black women. Recent studies show that women in science-related fields receive significantly lower starting salaries than men with the exact same resumes (with women making roughly 86% of what men make).

If you have any studies that do, in fact, show the opposite, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Noob

Sexual Innuendo
Actually, there are plenty of studies that take out variables such as ability to lie, etc. For instance, identical resumes with different names - some male, some female, some black-sounding, some white-sounding - will receive different numbers of call-backs. White men will be called back more often than black women. Recent studies show that women in science-related fields receive significantly lower starting salaries than men with the exact same resumes (with women making roughly 86% of what men make).

If you have any studies that do, in fact, show the opposite, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Well, if people are having that problem there's such thing as workers aid, or I'm not sure what they call it there, that makes sure you're treated equally in the workplace. In my school, males are constantly being put down by teachers. The teachers tend to favour the females (both male and female teachers do this). Also, I've been in the workplace several times, and I know for a fact bosses are much harder on the males than females. Sure, you may say that THAT is sexist of the boss to treat YOU like a baby, but it's sexist for the males because they don't want the boss putting so much pressure and stress on them.
So look at it from their eyes. He was merely jealous of you. When you're jealous, don't you make remarks?

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
YourMyAll_
Sexual Innuendo

Well, if people are having that problem there's such thing as workers aid, or I'm not sure what they call it there, that makes sure you're treated equally in the workplace. In my school, males are constantly being put down by teachers. The teachers tend to favour the females (both male and female teachers do this). Also, I've been in the workplace several times, and I know for a fact bosses are much harder on the males than females. Sure, you may say that THAT is sexist of the boss to treat YOU like a baby, but it's sexist for the males because they don't want the boss putting so much pressure and stress on them.
So look at it from their eyes. He was merely jealous of you. When you're jealous, don't you make remarks?
1. Like I said before, anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
2. There is no way to know that you're being discriminated against in hiring because there's no way of knowing you're being discriminated against except for studies like these.
3. I would rather have my boss treat me as they would a man and pay me as they would a man instead of treating me as they would a child and paying me as they would an intern. Seriously, this is just getting stupid now.
4. Once again, citation needed, citation needed, citation needed.

Noob

Sexual Innuendo
1. Like I said before, anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
2. There is no way to know that you're being discriminated against in hiring because there's no way of knowing you're being discriminated against except for studies like these.
3. I would rather have my boss treat me as they would a man and pay me as they would a man instead of treating me as they would a child and paying me as they would an intern. Seriously, this is just getting stupid now.
4. Once again, citation needed, citation needed, citation needed.

Actually, I think anything that ends in 'evidence' is 'evidence'.
I would really like you to rethink that. Men are constantly being picked on in todays society, and they envy how we can get away with most things. I do hate it when teachers call on guys for lifting heavy things because they thing us girls would get hurt, but I don't think the guys like constantly having it do the dirtier and more physical jobs.

He envied you. He was jealous. Cut him and most men some slack. Like I've said a million times before, it's just one little remark.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
YourMyAll_
Actually, I think anything that ends in 'evidence' is 'evidence'.
LOL
Quote:
I would really like you to rethink that. Men are constantly being picked on in todays society, and they envy how we can get away with most things. I do hate it when teachers call on guys for lifting heavy things because they thing us girls would get hurt, but I don't think the guys like constantly having it do the dirtier and more physical jobs.
Cool. I'm not saying discrimination against men doesn't exist. I'm saying that men are privileged, white people are privileged just for being male or white. Is this fair? No. Does it make privileged people "bad"? No. But there are still certain privileges you get just for being white and male. That's how oppression works. In no society are females more privileged than males, or dark-skinned people more privileged than light-skinned people. Even in countries where almost everyone is not white, like Middle Eastern countries, there is still racism directed towards people with darker skin - lighter-skinned Arabs are considered more attractive and valuable than darker-skinned Arabs.
Quote:
He envied you. He was jealous. Cut him and most men some slack.
Cut him and most men some slack? Uh, no, I'm not going to act chill and pretend that sexism is okay just so I can "cut him some slack."
Quote:
Like I've said a million times before, it's just one little remark.
Except it becomes more than just "one little remark" when that "little remark" is a sentiment among hiring managers on a large scale - like I've said before, women in science fields with the EXACT SAME resumes as men are considered less competent and hirable by hiring managers and are offered lower starting salaries. Just because they had the audacity to be born female.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff