Welcome to Gaia! ::

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
MMO or offline fantasy game and have to point out how some armor types are "unrealistic".

For one thing you're playing a fantasy game with magic and dragons. Nothing in most MMOs and offline fantasy games is realistic. You're blasting people with lightning bolts and fireballs for ******** sake.

And for most games it kind of does make sense depending on your class. You don't want to wear plate armor if you're an assassin. You don't want something that's going to hold you down and make your movements be known to everyone. You want something where you're going to be quiet and able to slip in and out of bad situations. Mages want something that allows them to get away better and something that allows them to cast spells more efficiently and even seduce the target. (same for assassins).

Not only that but complaining about the armor is unrealistic. If you were your character in a fantasy setting and wasted time fussing over the armor more than killing mobs/other factions then you'd be dead. Or maybe that's my mindset as a pker. Strike first versus someone else.

And if the armor is such a problem a lot of games like Perfect World International and Aion do offer a clothing option which does have modest clothes. (and because the armor can be plain ugly. Especially the Heavy Armor. That's why I just use fashion/clothing when I'm in the safe zone.)

But what do I know? It's not like I managed to kill 120 some odd people on a cleric with skimpy armor/clothing. Because trying to be a killing machine is just too impractical for most people. Especially on a healing class.

Newbie Hunter

Realistic armor belongs in Lord of the Rings.

In MMOs, I want my characters to look badass. If that involves female elves in almost nonexistent armor with feather decorations, I'm good with that.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Could be dangerous - SH

In MMOs, I want my characters to look badass. If that involves female elves in almost nonexistent armor with feather decorations, I'm good with that.

See I'm the same way. And even then I'm more concerned with the weapon itself. I'd rather have a strong decent weapon, the more damage I deal against the other person the less chance I'll end up dead.

Newbie Hunter

Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH

See I'm the same way. And even then I'm more concerned with the weapon itself. I'd rather have a strong decent weapon, the more damage I deal against the other person the less chance I'll end up dead.
well, I don't play any MMOs seriously enough to even care about how good my weapons and armor are c:

I'm usually one of the MMO tourists who like to ride around and look at the scenery and make my character look pretty xd

Benevolent Prophet

souls games are pr accurate imo.
some are ridic tho.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Could be dangerous - SH
Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH

well, I don't play any MMOs seriously enough to even care about how good my weapons and armor are c:

I'm usually one of the MMO tourists who like to ride around and look at the scenery and make my character look pretty xd
LOL!

I was the same when I played FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. I didn't really play the game just stared at the scenery for an hour.

That's why I'm a fashion addict in PWI. Even though my guildmates ruined that for me by being pervs .-.

But yeah in pvp, if I were to pvp in a game, weapons are more important. mad

I'm lying here in deep red to comfort my pain. I will never again give out these memories that ... keep love away from me.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
git gud
some are ridic tho.

How so?

Newbie Hunter

Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH
Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH

LOL!

I was the same when I played FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. I didn't really play the game just stared at the scenery for an hour.

That's why I'm a fashion addict in PWI. Even though my guildmates ruined that for me by being pervs .-.

I'm lying here in deep red to comfort my pain. I will never again give out these memories that ... keep love away from me.

I have been thinking about picking up FF XIV. Is it worth it and does it have an actual plot or is it endless grinding?

Benevolent Prophet

Astra Green
git gud
some are ridic tho.

How so?
they are just very accurate.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
git gud
Astra Green
git gud
some are ridic tho.

How so?

I meant the latter.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Could be dangerous - SH
Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH
Astra Green
Could be dangerous - SH

LOL!

I have been thinking about picking up FF XIV. Is it worth it and does it have an actual plot or is it endless grinding?

I haven't played too much of it tbh. The storyline is interesting. As far asw it being a grindfest...I don't know.

Unicorn

lol
plus if they wanted amour to be realistic,
they would be slow af, with all the
fancy medals weighing them down.

Benevolent Prophet

Astra Green
git gud
Astra Green
git gud
some are ridic tho.

How so?

I meant the latter.
all demons souls are pr accurate.
however ds1 has smough's ridiculous armor. ds2 has smelter demon, moon butterfly and a couple other silly sets.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff